Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tones2

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
Tony, do you see a Page 2? There hasn't been a Page 2 for quite some time.

This website posts Apple related news and rumors. Do you understand that? They're doing their job. Apple bloggers writing about Apple. Imagine that!

Of course, by "Page 2" I meant the "new" page 2, which is the "More MacRumors Stories" sidebar. :rolleyes:

Yes, I understand this site is Apple related news and rumors. But it's not about outlandish completely and obviously misinformation as this is. I can google and find a lot of crazy Apple related stuff on the internet. This site is more for CREDIBLE rumors and factual news.

Tony

zachlegomaniac

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2008
I can't wait until the phone comes out so MacRumors can stop using that picture on every single iPhone 5 post.

Agreed. I can't wait to

a) purchase the phone.

b) stop checking to see what the latest "rumor" is.

specs please!

RazorSharp69

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2011
Aussie
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

This Is more like a random guess.. I wasn't included in the survey so there's another percent for who wants an iPhone 5!

nunes013

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2010
Connecticut
i have been saying this for weeks. regular consumers want new designs. the inside of phone means nothing to them. they want a phone that they can show off and that does everything that they want. I can't imagine that there won't be a redesign. apple knows android is at their back door. also why would it take 16 months for the same design. apple isn't stupid but if there isn't a redesign in the next 5 months expect a decline in sales year over year even with bumped specs. just my guess.

Windmill360

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2010
662e4d9f.jpg

parapup

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2006
IOW 59% will not buy the redesigned iPhone 5 - looking bad for Apple if the "surveys" mean anything, which btw, I doubt.

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
IOW 59% will not buy the redesigned iPhone 5 - looking bad for Apple if the "surveys" mean anything, which btw, I doubt.

We'll have to see if at the keynote whether or not MBA Tim tells us whether there is a "right way" to hold the Iphone 5, vs every other way which is the "wrong way".

Or maybe they'll have a new ad line - "Iphone 5 - hold it any way you want"!

parapup

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2006
Or maybe they'll have a new ad line - "Iphone 5 - hold it any way you want"!

Those 41% are probably lusting after that thought of being able to hold their iPhone anyway they want! Sounds like a revolt after 18months of being able to hold it only one way!

Keynote is going to be interesting for sure.

fertilized-egg

macrumors 68020
Dec 18, 2009
We'll have to see if at the keynote whether or not MBA Tim tells us whether there is a "right way" to hold the Iphone 5, vs every other way which is the "wrong way".

Absolutely, just like this picture from a Samsung Galaxy manual:

21dhr8y.jpg

But no, Apple must be the only one who warns users about the way the phone is held because they are evil. ;)

Johnnyboy711

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148)

I just did a survey with my cat and hes 40 percent likely to buy an iphone 5

Leaping Tortois

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2010
Melbourne, Australia

But no, Apple must be the only one who warns users about the way the phone is held because they are evil. ;)

Haha, there's a difference. Firstly, the iPhone was a major design flaw that meant people holding the phone naturally would result in loss of signal. That's a fairly major design flaw.

In regards to the galaxy, the picture shows an unnatural (and/or impractical) way of holding the phone which would result in you touching the phones capacitive soft buttons and/or the screen. Makes sense to me, compared to Steve Jobs "You're holding it the wrong way," "There is no problem" "All other smartphones have this no problem"

mtbgtr

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2009
The teardrop model won't be very popular. It'll be awkward rotating it to play landscape-style games like Angry Birds and We Rule, since one side will be thicker than the other.

Contrary to popular belief here at MR some adults actually buy phones to make phone calls and do real work.

dryja123

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Regardless ofwhat phone design comes out (4s or 5). I have only one question...

Will it blend?

ANDI54

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2009

Er....I'd say that's Samsung warning right? Don't make me laugh, Apple were in denial firstly, but still tried to sell those crappy bumpers for $20, then admitted the problem and tried to fix with a software update unsuccessfully & then Steve Jobs 4 months later said "Don't hold it that way". The fact remains, it should never have been released with a design fault of such magnetude, not knowingly...

I'm sorry, but the person in this diagram has hands the size of shovels. Not many can hold a GS2 like this :D.

I've said many times on MR, a redesigned 5 get's Andi's cash, but a 4S won't and Samsung does. I will also change my username to "Android".

Apple need to stop dictating and spoon feeding their loyal customers and start listening and reacting. People are getting sick of it...

Mr. Gates

macrumors 68020
that button is horrible PLEASE STOP POSTING IT

I love it !

----------

That means that 59% have the brains to wait to see the phone first before actully buying it.

Thats a good number!

Yup.

Why would anyone say they will buy it when there isn't even a known Jailbreak yet ?

I'm not saying their complete idiots .......but,......well,.....um

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
Survey Says 41% of current iPhone Users Would Buy Redesigned iPhone 5.

Nope, that's not what the survey says, even though MacRumors and paidContent both also got it wrong (so don't feel bad). Straight from the horse's mouth :

http://www.inmobi.com/press-release...als-41-of-mobile-users-to-buy-apple-iphone-5/

Apple iPhone 5 potentially the most successful smartphone launch to date. The recent InMobi consumer smartphone survey uncovers that 41% of current mobile users in the U.S., Mexico, and Canada plan to buy an iPhone 5—potentially making it the most successful launch from the consumer electronics giant to date. The study further finds that over 50% of those users will make the purchase within the first six months of the iPhone 5 launch, which could take Apple significantly ahead of its June 2011 market position, and increase its mobile platform market share from 27% in June (comScore Inc., August 2011) to 41%.

Now that makes a little more sense than the garbage paidContent posted (really, 41% of mobile users when Apple holds a current market share of around 5% ? Ludicrous) and much more sense than just iPhone users.

It is a bold statement though as that jump in market share has not been witnessed by Apple for quite a few quarters now. They are down to double digit growths. And who would they be stealing these users from ? Would it be Android ? Would it be the last of RIM's users ? Windows Mobile/Phone ? And what do the words "consumer smartphone" mean exactly ? Comscore tracks market share for both enterprise and consumer markets. They make no distinction. It's not secret that most of RIM's market share comes from enterprise while most of the Android/iPhone market share comes from consumers. Could it be that 41% is actually something Apple is already close to in the consumer space whereas Comscore's 27% figure is overall for all markets ? Could this be a big survey that means nothing ?

Remains to be seen how "popular" the iPhone 5 ends up being, but there's no doubt the holiday quarter will be big for Apple with this anticipated release (granted, with all the hype, there's bound to be a lot of disappointment on October 4th. At this point, there's no way Apple can deliver something that lives up to the amount of hype that was generated).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.