Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RossMc

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2010
Newcastle, UK
Don't count on it. Mine has loosened up very little. I'm going to return it for a refund.

I emailed Switcheasy about it anyway asking if it was a design problem with the case and if it will loosen up over time and they asked me to send photo's of it and emailed me back saying.

Switcheasy said:
Dear Customer,

According to your photo attachments, we believe it is an one single product issue. However, we will send a new replacement of [CANVAS (Charcoal) For iPad 2] to you under your previous provided shipping address. And we will provide the tracking info to you once your replacement parcel is ready to be shipped.

jmdaniel

macrumors member
May 6, 2011
I ordered directly from them being that it's in stock (black) according to their site and they ship items out within 24hrs.

Same here, after getting the following back from Switch Easy yesterday:

Thank you for placing your order with us.
After making your payment, you will be given a Transaction ID number
or receipt ID number by PayPal, this is only to acknowledge that your
order has been received.

We regret to inform you that there will be a hold up in getting your
item to you. The cause was due to an unexpected delay with our
overseas manufacturer, we are completely out of stock for the Canvas
for iPad 2 and it will be at least 7 days before we get our next
delivery. We are very sorry for the futher delay. We're working to get
them as soon as possible. Please bear with us a little longer, thank
you for your patience!

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Didn't want to wait who knows how long...

Northman11

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2011
I'm going on two weeks myself with Switcheasy. The iFrogz Summit looks great but I can't seem to find a review on it. Does anyone have it in-hand?

C0bra K0mmander

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2009
New Jersey
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_8 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E401 Safari/6533.18.5)

I believe it was just released yesterday, so give it time

brudog68

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2011
TN USA

Now just flip it over:

As unintended as these positions probably are, this one is now my goto position with the Canvas...

feels better and more stable than any while in my lap...

keeps my shirt and gut from covering any screen while in my lap due to the space between ipad and clasp...

super easy to grab with one hand and set it aside...

gives a nice place to rest my stylus when not using...

microfiber not exposed...

not ideal, but serves as a pretty decent "one hand" grip in portrait, ala artist's palette...

AND for racing games like Real Racing HD2, it makes for a PERFECT steering wheel :D

try it..

For me, the byproduct is better than the intended

If the ifrogz does this...then I may be swayed to get the ifrogz for my wife's ipad2...but I like the clasp on the canvas as mine works ok...keeps the 5 yr old from opening it up on a whim

csunflip

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
That's where I bought mine today, after I bought one on the iFrogz site, for a lot more than $36.90. iFrogz was cool about cancelling my order.

Hoping it goes out today... local company and should have it tomorrow if it goes out today.....

But still no iPad!

jmdaniel

macrumors member
May 6, 2011
Hoping it goes out today... local company and should have it tomorrow if it goes out today.....

But still no iPad!

I got my iPad two days ago, but it's still in the box, and will be, until I get a case for it. Yeah, I'm anal... I bought a Marware case 10 days ago, BACKORDERED. Bought the Canvas, BACKORDERED! This at least is in stock, cheaper than the other two, (at Vebee), and looks like it will be pretty nice. Good things come to those experiencing shipping issues, or something like that...

Jean Francois

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2011
I am gonna cancel my order on Monday

I am fed up with Switcheasy, no news, no tracking number, no insurance to receive it in the next days even if I ordered it the 25th of April!!! One advice: there are good products from competitors outside, the Marware CEO Hybrid for instance. If you can wait 20 days for your order you can wait, if like me you want to protect your iPad 2 with a good case and not wait for 2012, cancel your order...

wtiger91

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2011
does the ifrogz summit case come with a screen protector and other goodies the canvas comes with?

Pballer110

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2010
Yea i ordered 2 weeks ago and i finally received a shipping notice today. I guess they finally got their shipment in.

ipos

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2011
after so many days, the clasp of my case is still pretty tight
how do u guys solve that problem?

ipos

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2011
Replacement, Read my post above yours :)

As a matter of fact, I purchased the case from a local apple reseller not thru switch easy website.

Dun think switch easy will entertain my request for a exchange

Afro Blu

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
Mine has loosened up a little, but now there's another issue. The crack in the corner of the plastic that just appeared.

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
You can loosen it by pushing it out with your thumb. You might also push the seam on the other side toward the clasp. That moves the cover to the right and gives a little more room for the clasp when you're closing and opening.

That didn't work on mine. I pushed on mine with everything I've got till my thumbs were sore, and it didn't loosen that clasp one bit. But I don't care now, because I've got an STM Skinny case, which I really like. I'm returning the Canvas for a refund.

2 Owls

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
I got my second, Canvas today, the velcro is much stronger and the clasp is quite a bit harder to close, I think I prefer the stronger clasp to the first one.

RossMc

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2010
Newcastle, UK
As a matter of fact, I purchased the case from a local apple reseller not thru switch easy website.

Dun think switch easy will entertain my request for a exchange

They usually do if you email them a receipt of purchase. I bought an iPhone case from a place in the UK a while ago and had a problem with it and emailed Switcheasy and once I had sent an email of the receipt they sent me out a replacement.

edk

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2006
re: the tightness.

Mine was very hard to close out of the box. Was a bit worried. However, if you go through the motions of opening and closing it a few times, it does start to get easier.

The key is to really push the cover back when you open it. Kind of like "breaking the seam" of a new paper back. Once the spine of the case is broken in, it becomes really easy to get the latch on.

kschles

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
re: the tightness.

Mine was very hard to close out of the box. Was a bit worried. However, if you go through the motions of opening and closing it a few times, it does start to get easier.

The key is to really push the cover back when you open it. Kind of like "breaking the seam" of a new paper back. Once the spine of the case is broken in, it becomes really easy to get the latch on.

I'm glad your Switcheasy worked out for you. I don't think they are all the same, however. After two weeks of opening and closing (probably 50+ times) the latch on my Switcheasy was still hell. I finally gave up and went with something else.

jmdaniel

macrumors member
May 6, 2011
Received an email response from Switch Easy yesterday; they are are only shipping black and charcoal right now, not the gray or brown, (I ordered brown). So if you ordered one of the latter 2 colors, still on BO. I appreciated hearing back from them, and my iFrogz Summit is scheduled to be here today, so at least I'll have one of the the two cases I was interested in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.