Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jps1012

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
NYC
Whats the texture of the Canvas? I dont like the apple ipad 1 case texture. Is it similar to this?

madat42

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2011
Whats the texture of the Canvas? I dont like the apple ipad 1 case texture. Is it similar to this?

It's smooth coated canvas. From photos of the lighter colored versions you can see a lot of texture, but it's indeed smooth. No dust sticks and you can wipe spills off of it.

jps1012

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
NYC
It's smooth coated canvas. From photos of the lighter colored versions you can see a lot of texture, but it's indeed smooth. No dust sticks and you can wipe spills off of it.

thanks for the response!

Does anyone know if there is a cheaper price then the $50 on their site?

Torin

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2011
thanks for the response!

Does anyone know if there is a cheaper price then the $50 on their site?
There isn't. AFAIK, they don't sell to resellers, so you pretty much have to buy from them. (although there is nothing stopping someone from buying from them then reselling on eBay, but they at least don't list on Amazon and the like)

csunflip

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
Got mine today and I so far so good...I do have an issue with the tab being super stiff and having a hard time latching it closed. Lets see how it goes in a week or so.....

Autokon

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
CA
Been using mine since release...no cracks or nothing. Has broken in VERY nicely. It's very easy to close the latch unlike how it was when I first got it. Still loving it! :cool:

psychonaut

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
I'm going on two weeks myself with Switcheasy. The iFrogz Summit looks great but I can't seem to find a review on it. Does anyone have it in-hand?

I have a few reviews on the ifrogz on my YouTube channel. My first case was defective but ifrogz took care of it for me as you will see in the follow up videos. My wife loves the pink ifrogz.

Torin

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2011
Got mine yesterday in black, very nice case. No cracks, but it did lift the invisible shield off on one side, but that was mainly my fault for not putting it on perfectly centered. I've found that working the grooves in with your fingers help to deepen them and prevent slippage when using them for the stand. Also not having an issue with the clasp at all, more or less perfect.

s2menon

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2011
anyone having trouble with the microphone for this case?

for some reason the person im talking to on facetime cant hear me

gummycat

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2011
Arrived!!

Couldn't be happier. Got the black for me and the charcoal for my wife. The black has a slightly more textured feel but just as easy to wipe. The latch has been just fine, not too easy and not too hard. No cracks so far, hoping it stays that way because I really really love this case. Ordered 4/26, arrived 5/13. Communication with switch easy was just fine. Be patient, it is well worth it IMHO.

iSnack2

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2009
I was worried about a shipping delay after reading some earlier comments. I ordered the canvas on Wednesday, received a tracking number on Friday and today (Saturday) I have my new canvas in hand!

It is great, by the way. Snaps on easily, and the viewing angles are really convenient. So happy I ordered it!

broboore

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
They are sending me a replacement for my original case that is still very tight after about 4 weeks. Hopefully this one will be good!

Phil Lee

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2008
Manchester, UK
My brown canvas arrived today. The fit and finish are excellent. The cover closes with a little pressure and stays closed. There are two downsides to the case.

The first is it is hard to remove. It took some persuading with finger nails to get it off for the first time just now. I've got used to the smart cover being easy to remove, allowing me to use the ipad 2 naked.

The second issue me is the mass. The naked wifi iPad is 612g with a smart cover adding 140g. The Canvas is 394g which is a significant increase in mass, tipping it over the 1kg mark. That's a little on the heavy side for every day use. It does look great for trips where more protection is needed though.

Xeanor

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2011
Finally got mine... the sleep/wake function doesn't work. There doesn't even seem to be a magnet inside the case.

****in stupid.

Xeanor

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2011
I fixed it by making a really really tiny 3mm incision with a sharp knife on the inside of the cover and sliding a very tiny magnet in. It's pretty much invisible on the black one.

Saves me sending this back and all that hassle. The latch was extremely tight too but I loosened it up a bit with some wiggling.

brudog68

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2011
TN USA
Ordered mine on the 11th and it arrived today. Wife already had a brown one and this one is black. The clasp is much easier on this new one, however I had been use to the extra effort on my wife's and not sure which I prefer. Also the black has a bit more texture than the slicker feeling brown. Not sure if that varies due to the color, or production run, either way both are great. The black is really a sharp deep black, looks better than others shades on leathers and other synthetics IMO.

Side note. For those of you still having problems with the clasp...it appears it's a metal plate of sorts, has anyone tried gently prying it open more with pliers etc? Or is it just the cover material is too short altogether ?

falconeight

Apr 6, 2010
I've been using a black one for 3 days and hate it. The grooves are to shallow and the iPad slides out easy. It's annoying and unless you are on a flat surface it's crap.

Awjvail

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2010
Has anybody who backordered from the International store received theirs yet?

I only ordered on Sunday evening but I'm just wondering if they are starting to ship yet? They seem to be in stock on the US store and on Gleemobile...

Charcoal, if it matters.

EDIT: OH CUTE!@@!@!! I just looked in my email and saw an old email that I missed - it shipped out 22 hours ago! Backordered Sunday, shipped Tuesday. Not bad, not bad. Estimated arrival Thursday by end of day, shipping from KWUN TONG HK.

Now - if I can only get my hands on an iPad :mad:

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.