Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vicbowling

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2010
Okay, I'll have a go:

1. I have two lovebirds that just happen to be in love. :p
2. I enjoy hiking
3. I love reading conspiracy "theories". ;-)
4. I'll believe in God if he's only going to smite you.
5. I'm too boring to drink booze.
6. I just want to get out of this place, wherever this place is.
7. I don't actually own a MAC ;-).
8. Roast Beef.
9. I have a germ phobia and I even change my refrigerator water filter regularly.
10. I can't drive at night because everything looks too freaky.
11. I have love handles even though I eat healthy (?).
12. I enjoy painting in acrylic.
13. I like to buy expensive electronic stuff.
14. I'm blond
15. I work all the time, and it's killing me. :(
16. I like birds, cats and dogs in that order, but mostly just birds.
17. I need a holiday desperately and this IS a cry for help!
18. My favorite movies are thrillers.
19. I have a large collection of art books
20. I'm not really the quiet type I'm just too tired to talk much.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
1. I'm a huge Springsteen Fan.
2. I've been to 3 Springsteen concerts.
3. I'm 17.
4. I can almost speak fluent Spanish.
5. I hate reading.
6. I am licensed to operate a motor vehicle.
7. I have excellent grammar and spelling.
8. I hate when people can't distinguish the difference between "your and you're", as well as "their, there, and they're".
9. I have a sister.
10. I got my first cell phone when I was 9.
11. I understand HTML and PHP.
12. I get bored easily.
13. I hate the Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, Justin Beiber, and all of those other disney channel 'stars'.
14. I don't watch TV much.
15. I drive a CTS.
20. I don't like counting.

Last edited:

ohaithar

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2010
Elk Grove Village, IL, USA
1) I'm 17, turning 18 and I weigh about 121
2) For my age, I am very into right wing politics
3) I send/receive around 14,000 texts a month
4) I've only had 1 girlfriend whom I love every min of my life
5) I still play Pokemon Yellow
6) I got my first DSLR @ age 14
7) The only thing I like from Apple is their iPhone and iPod products
8) I hate being called a Hipster
9) Hayley Williams is my Queen
10) I believe in some conspiracy theories
11) I think Steve Jobs is a douche
12) I love white chocolate
15) I can't count to 20
18) I hate writing
20) Have you accepted Jesus as your personal savior?

TRAG

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2009
Louisiana, USA
A Life in the Day of a Nerd

I'll have a go.

1. I'm half black. The other half is also black.
2. Even though I have scholarship, I think I'll be in college for about 6 years.
3. I'm a photography major. The only reason I am is because film school is too expensive. But I've grown to love the art.
4. The first thing I ever bought with my own earned money was a blue Game Boy Pocket and Pokémon Red and Blue.
5. I NEVER download movies but sometimes music. I object pirating in any way… and then I saw MTV Cribs. So what's a broke college kid to do?
6. I'm allergic to ibuprofen, aspirin, and certain fish.
7. Windows 7 was my idea.
8. I am the only one I know who loves Unsolved Mysteries, Happy Days, Wu-Tang Clan, and Cowboy Bebop.
9. I taught myself to be ambidextrous when I was about 13.
10. I am extremely lazy.
11. I can't swim to save my life. Srsly.
12. I call my girlfriend's sister my 1/2 girlfriend. I get all the perks of having another one—food, intellectual conversation, and fun times—without it being complicated by sex.
13. I learned French in high school and am currently studying Chinese. Language is a challenge I like to take on.
14. I like durian fruit. Strange, huh?
15. I'm a huge film buff. If I could I'd collect and watch films for the rest of my life.
16. Even though I appear extremely nonchalant and carefree I worry almost as much as my mom. And that scares me.
17. I want to get a tattoo of the Triforce. Done countless times before, but it means a lot to me.
18. I'm in love with a girl who plays CoD: MW2 all night. I think I've found my counterpart.
19. I'm a Buddhist Atheist.
20. I'm somewhat dyslexic—not the inverted letters kind. The kind that reads entire phrases or sentences in reverse. I'm horrible at reading out numbers or… pretty much anything out loud.

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
I can't believe I haven't given my 20 yet, and I don't know if I can find 20 things, but here goes...

1. I live in Louisville KY USA, as my location states. However, I was born in Orlando FL, and that's where I always state I'm originally from.
  2. Whenever I visit the Orlando area on vacation, I usually roll down the car window or put the AC on outside air; the smell tends to trigger some ancient memory that makes me feel like I'm "home."
  3. The only other "smell memory" I've ever experienced was triggered by walking into a Picadilly Cafeteria in Louisville several years ago. As soon as I walked in the door, the aroma triggered a decades-old memory of vacations in Cocoa Beach, Florida, where one of my wealthy aunts would treat the entire family to Picadilly.
  4. I have virtually no clue about my ancestry/heritage.
  5. Spanish and French were my double-major in college. I can still "get by" in both, but my French is getting kinda rusty.
  6. I had a hunch that I would probably be unsuccessful at making a decent living with those two subjects by themselves, so I had a Computer Science minor, and that's what's paid the bills ever since.
  7. I didn't get my driver's permit until I was nearly 20 years old and in my last semester of college; I lived on campus and walked almost everywhere.
  8. The overwhelming majority of music I like features electronic instruments-- synths, samplers, drum machines, etc.-- in some prominent fashion.
  9. As a natural consequence of being an electronic music fan, I taught myself to play and program synths and sequencers. Oddly enough, becoming a musician as a hobby has allowed me to appreciate good musical craftsmanship from non-electronic sources as well.
  10. I won a high-school homecoming dance contest and a Beta Club regional talent contest by breakdancing, even though I'm "white".
  11. I can still moonwalk, in all directions, even though I probably look silly doing it at my age.
  12. I was a bit of an outsider as a teen, but was connected to the "in crowd" through my sister, the cheerleading captain. She encouraged me to try out for the high-school mascot, and I became the "Moonwalking Cougar".
  13. Although American, I tend to prefer non-American food, especially Asian, including both South Asian and Pacific Rim.
  14. If I eat garlic-rich food, it tends to make my skin smell like garlic. This happens more often than my wife would like, because of my fondness for Asian food as stated above. She hates it when I eat Korean.
  15. I won several local, regional and one or two state-level spelling bees in my school years. Even so, I try to avoid going all "grammar/spelling police" on MR and other forums; if the point gets across, I leave it be. Life's too short.
  16. I'm one of those who would have unquestionably voted for an Obama/McCain or McCain/Obama bipartisan presidential ticket in 2008. For me, it was a tough decision until McCain picked Palin. (I don't think Palin's the idiot she was made out to be; I just didn't think she was ready for the responsibility at that time.)
  17. I'm an FA. This means I prefer large-sized/fat women (BBWs, including SSBBWs). I've always been somewhat open about it. It's just a preference; why "stay in the closet" about it?
  18. I am not, however, a feeder fetishist. There are control and co-dependency issues within those types of relationships; I prefer emotional equality in my relationships. Besides, why spend the time and trouble trying to, for example, fatten a 200-pound woman to 300, when there are plenty of women here in the USA that are even larger than that-- and who would love to meet a guy like me who accepts her at the size she is?
  19. The preceding two facts tends to make most people go :eek:, especially considering the usual disparity in my and my partner's weight (I've always been at least 75 to 100 pounds thinner than my girlfriend at the time/wife). I find it incredibly ironic that the people who tend to have the hardest time believing my preference are BBWs-- and that includes my wife.
  20. I probably would be found in contempt of court if placed on the witness stand. As shown in this list, I have a tough time being "brief" about anything. :D

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
9. I taught myself to be ambidextrous when I was about 13.
I too attempted this, but then this:

10. I am extremely lazy.
got in the way.

1. I've always felt that I'm more mature for my age. This feeling is especially pronounced online.
2. I've always been quite intelligent, and intelligence alone got me through primary school without effort, allowed me to do quite well in high school without effort, but unfortunately isn't enough for me to do as well as I can at college.
3. As I made it quite easily through most of education, I'm very, very, very lazy. This is why I'm not reaching my potential at college, and I need to figure out a way to motivate myself to work before I ruin my last year of college.
4. I made a fortune during my last year of high school by buying multipack cans of Pepsi and packs of Mars Bars, and then selling them to my peers in between lessons (and sometimes during class, if we were discrete enough) against school rules (because there were no vending machines). I would take 18 cans and 25 bars to school every single day, and it was very heavy walking to school. But it was totally worth it as I was making 100%+ profit on everything, and raking in £60 profit every week. I earned in total about £1k, which I used to buy my beloved Macbook.
5. I am a decent musician, with my prominent instrument being the guitar. I love playing guitar and wish I could continue through life just playing guitar. I'm at a very good standard of playing, although untested as I taught myself and never had professional lessons or completed any grades. I'm also a proficient pianist, at grade six standard and hoping to complete the exam in November (if my laziness doesn't prevent me from practising).
6. Finally reaching something on topic in this forum, I am a big fan of technology. I could be classed as a 'geek' compared to the average person's knowledge of technology, however I am certainly no expert although I can attempt find a solution to most problems I encounter.
7. Merging the two above points brings me to Music Technology, a subject I am doing best in at college, and something I enjoy a lot. As I know that becoming successful through writing and playing music is not very commonly achieved by most musicians, a way to continue having music in my life would be to learn a field such as music production or sound engineering to build a career upon, and hopefully this way I will still have opportunities to play my guitar throughout my life.
8. I can type at about 100 words per minute.
9. I have long slender fingers which are perfect for music.
10. I'm 6'1, and hopefully still growing! I like being tall :)
11. I'm a decent tennis player, and enjoy playing it immensely, although have trouble finding decent people who are willing to actually play, rather than just knock a ball around.
12. As I don't get to do much sport anymore, I try and keep fit by working out whenever I can. Unfortunately my laziness stops me some nights, but I feel I'm making well enough progress still
13. My favourite musician/artist is John Mayer. I don't care how cheesy/sappy people find him to be, and his breathy voice doesn't irritate me, from a technical point of view he's an immense player and a great songwriter, and there isn't a single of his songs which I dislike.
14. Having said that ^, I like the majority of music genres. Rock, dance, drum'n'bass, hip hop, classical, acoustic, classic rock, folk, jazz, trance, etc.
15. I prefer Firefox as my web browser.
16. I go through a pack of gum per day.
17. I'm very afraid of spiders.
18. I have a dog, part husky, part japanese akita, named Kita (original name ey ;))
19. I'm quite greedy when it comes to food - if I have some chocolate, I must have more, and more, until it's all gone.
20. tl;dr

phySi0

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2011
You don't want to know!
12 My tidiest 'living' space is probably my Mac's file system. The house is cluttered

This describes me exactly. My room is very messy and my filesystem is one of the cleanest of anyone's I know.

2. I used to have anger management issues. I have since mellowed out so much, it's unbelievable. I am now the joker annoying everyone else. Other people have anger management issues after meeting me now. :cool:

3. I am happiest when I have no obligations, I am tied to nothing, no monthly subscriptions, no owing anyone anything, noone owing me anything, no unfinished business. For this reason, I hate streaming, I don't like the fact that I can't connect directly to the Internet, I don't like the fact that I don't own the Internet. :eek:

4. I used to be extremely introverted. I still love being on my own, but now when I'm at school or outside, life ain't so bad anymore.

5. I have my own official mental English dictionary. Ain't is a valid word. Since the English language makes no sense whatsoever (to non-linguists anyway) (though I weirdly learnt it very easily and am able to use it with more ease than some native speakers and writers(I credit the amount of books I used to read at the time.)), I just feel that I should be able to arbitrarily allow or disallow certain spellings, pronounciations, etc. If I am referring to Charles' belongings for example, the usage "Charles's belongings" is disallowed in my mind.

6. I may add more later. Then again, I may not. But you probably already knew this about me, since these are the only possibilities. I hope it doesn't get more complicated than that, anyway. :eek:

7. I decided to add more. You probably already know this is true, unless someone hacked my account or something.

8. My first cell phone was an iPhone 3G. My dad and I then got a free upgrade to a 3GS. A long story, involving legitimate claims, dammit! :D

Cool, I helped liberate the Mongolians form the Nigerians

9. In all seriousness, my dad is a politician and helped end the Somalian-Ethiopian conflict of 2006-2009. Here is his Wikipedia entry, a few revisions back. They shortened it dramatically for some reason.

10. My second name means "The Trustworthy" in Arabic. I like to say, "Trustworthy's my second name" whenever people require me to do something which requires trust and are having doubts. :D

11. My third name means "The Guide" in Arabic.

12. I have been told I'm an inspirational person by quite a few people.

13. My first name means "Beloved" in Arabic.

14. I am a first child.

15. I want to be an independent software developer for Apple products.

16. I hate school.

17. I consider myself a human, not "Kenyan", "Somali", or supposedly, "Yemeni". I have done so since forever.

18. My ~ great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandad was a famous philosopher. Or so I'm told.

19. I won a "Joker of the Year" award at my year 10 school prom.

20. I enjoyed watching this YouTube video.

Last edited:

brandont

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2012
West Virginia
1. My name is Brandon
2. I live in West Virginia
3. I am 19
4. I own my own computer repair business
5. I am studying computer science
6. I am 5 foot 10 inches
7. I own an iPhone 4S and iPad 2
8. I studied Spanish while in HS
9. I now remember very little of it
10. I love traveling but have not left US
11. I work as a Help Desk tech on top of my business for my college
12. I hate C++ programming even though I have an A
13. I hate this number
14. My work number includes 3 7s in a row
15. My favorite color is blue
16. I have never owned a MAC but would like to
17. I used to live 45 minutes from DC
18. I like Native American stuff
19. I own over 10 domain names
20. I'm finally done lol

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I'm on the bottom of the 1st page. Nothing has changed.

1. I'm black from the waist down (i.e. I'm a fast runner). Or at least I was 10 years ago.....

2. I have a Ph.D. in some sort of physics.

3. I got diagnosed with ADHD when I was 19 years old during my 1st year of uni.

4. I almost quit high school.

5. I almost failed out of uni. I started doing well when I began taking my ADHD meds like I was supposed to. :rolleyes:

6. I live in Melbourne, Australia, but was born and raised in Toronto, Canada.

7. I enjoy learning.

8. For what it's worth to e (the OP) now in 2012, I'm STILL not attracted to Keira Knightley. :p

9. When I buy a lottery ticket, I seriously believe I have a good chance of winning.

10. I'm very good at doing maths in my head. Logic goes out the window when I'm holding a lottery ticket.

11. I work in the radiation oncology department of a hospital.

12. People think I'm funny.......from the waist down.

13. I get angry easily, but I have calmed down a over the last 5 years. I think it's the ADHD, and my psychiatrist thinks so too. "If you take meds that affect the mind, you can't take them once in awhile. You need to take them all the time, or not at all. Otherwise, you're screwing with your brain."

14. I have been in a long distance relationship for like 4 years now.

15. I don't wear jeans. I think blue jeans are boring since 99% of men you see on the streets are wearing them, much like wearing a uniform.

16. I know all the lyrics to every song on Snoop Dogg's magnum opus, "Doggystyle".

17. I'm a fan of the Oxford comma.

18. The physical part of me that I hate most is my hair.

19. I pick my nose a lot while I'm alone.

20. I lie about my IQ. While it's not extremely high (135), I still feel that I need to lie and tell people it's a lower number (125).

21. I love ass.

22. I'm not that good at counting.

Last edited:

MorphingDragon

macrumors 603
Mar 27, 2009
The World Inbetween
1. Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace.
2. Space Space Space.
3. We're in space.
4. The only pop-culture hard drug I haven't tried is meth.
5. I put a bully in hospital by beating him to a pulp with a bicycle wheel.
6. I put a guy in hospital by wrecking his **** for trying to blackmail me.
(Did you know that repressed sexual feelings can come out as violence? Who knew...)
7. I was nearly paralyzed by an ingrown hair that had started growing around my spine.
8. I broke my same foot twice on the same staircase in the exact same way.
9. This is what my face looks like.
10. I lost my Virginity at 15.
11. I lost the other type at 16. It then took me 4 years to be comfortable with my own sexuality.
12. I tried to commit suicide by jumping off a cliff. I got caught by the netting stuff they use to keep tourists from falling to their death.
13. I'm really a sick and twisted man who probably has the will power to kill another human being in cold blood.
14. You're on my hitlist, don't look in the closet.
15. I didn't speak until I was four, now I'm incredibly good at voice acting.
16. I only call from within the house.
17. I've spent years building up mental inhibitions to look normal.
18. Human blood is tasty.
19. I'm sadistic.
20. Did you know I will say and do anything to make people uncomfortable, even if it is the truth? It amuses me. Now have fun figuring out what is true.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.