Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bedadevil

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2010
I have a Macbook. The only way I buy this tablet is if it has a function where I can write my notes on it and send it to my Macbook. That would be a college kid's dream, since it's impossible to type my science related class notes fast enough.

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
It'll be interesting to see how many companies continue to call their tablets "slate computers" if Apple goes with "iPad."

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Does anyone have the 2007 iPhone keynote video available? I want to download it, but the old URL that popped up after the keynote no longer works.

EDIT- NVM, I found the official podcast and am downloading it now.

CherryJello

macrumors regular
May 30, 2009
Still got my fingers crossed for an 11th hour leak.

Sometimes the night before, Apple will do a "controlled" leak if they feel the hype is too out of control, or they feel the need to tamper expectations.

An example of this would be the 3Gs announcement last year. People were saying there would be a front facing camera on the iPhone and maybe a tablet. Well Gruber the night before posted to his blog more or else the following

"no front facing camera, new iPhone will be called 3Gs (s for speed) and no tablet announcement yet"

By morning, no one was talking front facing camera anymore, and sure as hell weren't even whispering about the tablet.

Tonight maybe we'll get such a post from Gruber or Wall St. Journal clearing things up, but more importantly...bringing our expectations back down to earth.

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
So whats Going to be the next "Big thing" thats going to be rumored for the next 3 years.:D

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
I'm wondering where in Steve Jobs' address, tomorrow he actually gets to say "One more thing".

Can't wait.

oh we know it's coming . First there will be a long demo of the new 4.0 software for the I-phone and some other software program updates then he will say it and the house will go wild.

Spike Lightfoot

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2008
this is somewhat sad reading it (sad as in sorrow). years and years of thoughts, ideas, talk, all coming down to tomorrow. thats sad, like a life-long friend going away forever.

More like your first baby being born! Months and years of preparation and planning, and suddenly life isn't the same any more. You may get nostalgic for the days before the arrival, but you'd never want to go back to the way it was before.

VenusianSky

macrumors 65816
Aug 28, 2008
It would be sweet to get one of these free, like in a drawing or swag. I won an iPod Touch at a convention a couple years ago. I don't see myself buying a tablet of any kind in the near future though. Not practical for myself.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
oh we know it's coming . First there will be a long demo of the new 4.0 software for the I-phone and some other software program updates then he will say it and the house will go wild.

Don't forget the parade of 34 vertical market medical ISV's to demo xray viewing software.

Gumbercules

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2009
the only thing that I am willing to guess on is that the device will cost around £450 to £500 (I am guessing that in the US it will cost between $650 and $700).

If it is a new product designed for media consumption, any higher price points would be too much.

Other than that I wait for tomorrow with baited breath

danriverside

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2010
curb my enthusiasm

I'm almost physically excited.

Any ideas how to change a corporate standard from PC to Apple?

runeasgar

macrumors regular
May 26, 2004
Nashville, TN
This would presumably be accomplished with live updating information and Apple's multi-touch technology.

This would be disappointing, given Apple's terrible history of cloud and push-based serviced.

While some may be holding out hope for a Mac OS X based experience, there has been absolutely no evidence that the tablet will run anything related to Apple's desktop operating system, and the use of the ARM processor would eliminate the possibility of direct Mac application compatibility. It seems certain that the tablet will run an evolution of the iPhone operating system which has been designed for multi-touch interfaces.

BLAH. I know it's probably true, but I really like OS X -- not iPhone OS. iPhone OS is alright (I have an iPhone), but it doesn't have much power or flexibility. Here's hoping their new version is a quantum leap.

front facing camera

Yes, please. At the very least, a camera.

Optional 3G

Please don't make me pay more for it..

OpenWheelFan

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2007
I'm highly geeked for the announcement, but certain I'm not pulling out my credit card for another 10-12 months. Why?
  • Original iPhone pricing / discount fiasco. Don't wanna be part of that roller coaster, thank you!
  • Wanna wait out whatever hardware/OS/bandwidth shakeout happens in the first 6 months of rollout.
  • First real interesting pricing opportunities won't happen until next year's incoming freshman class hits college campuses.
  • Maybe, just maybe, the price and/or features will sweeten in time for the Christmas '10 buying season...

Thunderbird

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2005
If this new device is supposed to be able to play games, movies, surf the net, have iPhone apps as well as be an e-reader, I wonder how the same screen is going to look for all those functions? Amazon's kindle reader has a screen optimized only for reading that is very easy on the eyes. I couldn't imagine watching movies on it, for example.

Maybe Apple will offer different screen settings?

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
Very exciting. Reminds me of 2007 when the iPhone was introduced. That day really impacted the technology world, wonder what this will do.

What I would really, really like to see is updated MBP's, shipping right immediately. Then it would be a day to behold!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.