Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2010
THANK YOU RETENTIONS!
I JUST called and got my i4 (32 gig because they were sold out of 16 gig, they said it would take 20 days for the 16 gig).

oilers15

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2010
THANK YOU RETENTIONS!
I JUST called and got my i4 (32 gig because they were sold out of 16 gig, they said it would take 20 days for the 16 gig).

i just called, they said they have none :mad: . I tryed every trick in the book and called times 5 times.

My luck sucks :(

Rideherhard

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2010
THANK YOU RETENTIONS!

That's odd cause I called yesterday and again today and they said they have zero iPhone 4 and might be out for awhile, as they don't know when the next shipment will be.

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
Does Apple Store sell the unlocked/sans contract iPhone? I'm going to Winnipeg around the 12th and want to pick one up.

I was going to see about ordering from Rogers retentions so I could save several hundred dollars but right now, but I may go to MTS next year if they have better iPhone compatible packages - IF Rogers/MTS hurry up with the network launch in MB

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I disagree. A new tier of iPhone will help relieve the pressure off the iPhone 4.

If Apple released a multi coloured line of iPhones, produced separately, less people would be looking for the original iPhone 4 and demand would be better met.

I'm not suggesting Apple discontinue the current iPhone but adding a 64GB model, and then a set of 4 or 5 different coloured iPhone 4s would help to diversify the brand and keep it fresh, every 6 months.

There's a reason that the white iPhone still hasn't come out, but you seem to think it's easy for Apple to produce other colors?

Also, their production is at capacity..... where would you like these other iPhones to be produced? They can hardly keep up as it is.

The multi coloured models could be based on the iPhone 3GS shell, which is easier to colour and manufacture (we're still waiting for the white one) but with the chipset and features of iPhone4.

So you want them to stuff a Ferrari motor into Mercedes? Yes, I know my analogy isn't perfect, but they can't just shove the iPhone 4 innards into a 3GS body......

I'm a huge supporter of Apple's and have been for over a decade now, but I'm not blind to the competition. The Droid and BlackBerry Torch are excellent phones and are up to the competition with iPhone. I won't underestimate the allure and staying power of BBM on the BlackBerry and the need of a lot of customers for full customization and open app market offered by Android phones, the best of which, the Droid.

The update cycle for BlackBerry and Android phones is faster than iPhone's so if Apple wants to keep its lead, it'll have to bump up it's model more than once every year.

I'm not blind to the competition either. I can just recognize the difference between great and good.

The Torch is hardly an excellent phone. The Droids are the closest things to the iPhone, but they aren't quite even yet. Neither are bad phones, but neither have the features or the app support that the iPhone has.

Apple has absolutely no reason to change their iPhone product cycle.

draz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
Does Apple Store sell the unlocked/sans contract iPhone? I'm going to Winnipeg around the 12th and want to pick one up.

I was going to see about ordering from Rogers retentions so I could save several hundred dollars but right now, but I may go to MTS next year if they have better iPhone compatible packages - IF Rogers/MTS hurry up with the network launch in MB
Yes

Rideherhard

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2010
CALL NOW!!! they have them in stock just got mine!!!. I got a good plan too $35 unlimited local calling, $5 for 1000 long distant calling, $10 for Caller ID Visual voice mail and 2500 texting, $20 for 6GB of data($10 credit) so $70/month compare to old plan 150 mins, unlimited eve/wknd, 400MB data at $80.00.

Thanks to quigleybc for the heads up seen your post and called right away!!!

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
CALL NOW!!! they have them in stock just got mine!!!. I got a good plan too $35 unlimited local calling, $5 for 1000 long distant calling, $10 for Caller ID Visual voice mail and 2500 texting, $20 for 6GB of data($10 credit) so $70/month compare to old plan 150 mins, unlimited eve/wknd, 400MB data at $80.00.

Thanks to quigleybc for the heads up seen your post and called right away!!!

You are very welcome :)

also, thank the guy that gave me the number a few threads back....

YAY!! i couldn't help but snicker at the people sleeping in front of the Apple store this morning.

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
Is that a rogers number?

No, it's a Burger King number..:rolleyes: :p

sorry, couldn't resist...i'm sarcastic.

Yes, it's Rogers Retentions and it is GREAT. first of all, they answer right away, there is no "dial 1 for this and dial 2 for that"

and they are also VERY nice because being in retentions i imagine they have to deal with irate people all day. so when someone like me calls, being nice and friendly, they are relieved.

oilers15

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2010
people

call this number

1-866-304-4248

i just talked to a lady (checkin on the status of my order which by the way it being shipped TODAY [ordered two days ago] )

they have both gigs in stock RIGHT NOW

call, order, smile

:cool:

i just called them 10 minutes after you posted this and they said they didnt have it. what BS, im done with rogers.

Rideherhard

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2010
i just called them 10 minutes after you posted this and they said they didnt have it. what BS, im done with rogers.

Call again! you got a bad rep! I've gone through 2 pretty bad ones and I got a wicked guy today hooked me up on a sick plan and my iPhone 4 will be here in 3-5 shipping days! call back! even lie if you have to say you talked to someone when you called a few days ago and they said to call back in a few days and they'll ship you an iPhone 4 and let them know your getting annoyed but be cool about it. You should be able to get one today just call back!.

Rideherhard

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2010
i called 8 times :D, they keep on telling me that they don't sell iphones over the phone :rolleyes:

They said that to me to then I told them look my cell phone is about to die and I need a new phone and Bell told me they'll ship me one right away and if you(rogers) can't send me one I'll be forced to switch to Bell, that'll get the ball rolling. I said that a few days ago and thats when they said they'll send me one on the next shipment but that might be awhile (2 days later) when I called back today, knowing they had them in, I said I was following up to see if they had any in he got me one and then got me a much better plan.

cruz777

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2010
i called 8 times :D, they keep on telling me that they don't sell iphones over the phone :rolleyes:

i got the same runaround last week when fido started getting stock (not as bad as you, not even close). the 2nd last retentions rep didn't allow the service rep to transfer me to his dept. while telling him it was impossible and some other bs. i was well and pissed but not at the service rep.

i called back 5 minutes later and calmly but firmly got the service rep to transfer me to retentions. after i told him i knew for sure that retentions had stock and that i was told, when i accepted the hup, to call them periodically if i couldn't get one at a store, he put me through.

the retentions rep did the most important thing, she actually checked, something they don't always do, and i got my order in right away. she was nice. i wish i had got her first when i was negotiating my plan.

oilers15

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2010
They said that to me to then I told them look my cell phone is about to die and I need a new phone and Bell told me they'll ship me one right away and if you(rogers) can't send me one I'll be forced to switch to Bell, that'll get the ball rolling. I said that a few days ago and thats when they said they'll send me one on the next shipment but that might be awhile (2 days later) when I called back today, knowing they had them in, I said I was following up to see if they had any in he got me one and then got me a much better plan.

you lucky son of a gun :D, i said the same thing i said that i would switch to bell with no hesitations but the lady didnt budge. But you wont believe how stubborn rogers is... after an hour of arguing.. i finally decided to pull out my last secret weapon. I threaten to cancel my large business contract which is worth around $25,000 a month (i own a private hospital with over 200 employee's) and the lady didnt even care, she still told me i cant buy one over the phone :rolleyes::eek::eek:

Rideherhard

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2010
you lucky son of a gun :D, i said the same thing i said that i would switch to bell with no hesitations but the lady didnt budge. But you wont believe how stubborn rogers is... after an hour of arguing.. i finally decided to pull out my last secret weapon. I threaten to cancel my large business contract which is worth around $25,000 a month (i own a private hospital with over 200 employee's) and the lady didnt even care, she still told me i cant buy one over the phone :rolleyes::eek::eek:

Wow thats crazy man!. I wonder if you got the same lady I did a few weeks back named Candace, she sucked! haha. Try again your on a bad run but you'll get a good one. The guy I got today was awesome! so easy to deal with and I didn't really have to ask for the better rate on my plan he said hold on..... k this what I can do for you haha.

K my buddy just text me telling me he just got the 32GB iPhone 4 from rogers over the phone! they still have some!.

oilers15

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2010
Wow. That is clearly wrong. What the heck?

I've honestly made two calls in two days, and each time was a pleasant experience and my phone is on it's way.

Keep trying? :eek:

seriously to be honest i have no idea whats going on, over the course of 2 months i have probably lined up at apple 4 times (its right in front of my work), called rogers at least 50 times and have visited the rogers store at least 2 times a week. Many might say im crazy but im a doctor in the forces and being deployed and im not going to be back till a long time, so this is my last chance to get one. :(

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
seriously to be honest i have no idea whats going on, over the course of 2 months i have probably lined up at apple 4 times (its right in front of my work), called rogers at least 50 times and have visited the rogers store at least 2 times a week. Many might say im crazy but im a doctor in the forces and being deployed and im not going to be back till a long time, so this is my last chance to get one. :(

Are you planning on using it while you're deployed? That'll be quite the roaming bill....

Why don't you just get an iPod touch until you get back?:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.