Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rideherhard

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2010
How do my long distance mins work? if I'm in a different city than my local city and make a call do they still charge me for roaming or will it just take the mins off my long distance mins?.

esadb

macrumors 65816
Nov 29, 2008
How do my long distance mins work? if I'm in a different city than my local city and make a call do they still charge me for roaming or will it just take the mins off my long distance mins?.

If you live in city A, and go to city B. And your phone number is tied to city A (home area)

If you make a call from city B to city A # your gonna get charged long distance. But if you make a call from city B to city B # its gonna be regular minutes as that's considered your home area then.

But if someone calls you while your in city B your gonna get charged long distance for answering no matter if they call from A or B..

Understand?

esadb

macrumors 65816
Nov 29, 2008
i called the regular 1-800 number, and they didn't even patch me through. They just said, "we are out of stock, find a store"

boo

so, i tried the number you put up top, got through to a human right away, told him my deal, and LO AND BEHOLD, they have iPhone's in stock RIGHT NOW this morning (monday)

Signed, Sealed, and will be delivered in 5 business days!!

hard ware upgrade for 159 plus 30 bucks for an admin fee!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT PHONE NUMBER!!!

[EDIT] i also asked if there was any improvements that could be made to my Voice plan. He put me on hold, then came back and said that because i was extending my contract, he could give me an extra 100 minutes for free per month! SWEET

:eek::):eek::cool::apple:

Congrats, I've been posting that number on this thread for the past few weeks only people are not trying hard enough.

Call back that number again and you can work your plan in even more :)

Weighting in at... 47$ taxes in.. I get ;) The two early Eve & Weekend credits are 2$ and 5$ for a toal of 7$.. I dont know why its just not 1 credit of 7$..

Attachments

• Final_Plan.PNG
    Final_Plan.PNG
    24.4 KB · Views: 148

applebook

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2009
iPhone stock seems to be near demand now in Vancouver and the lower mainland. Most Craigslist sellers are getting desperate, and brand new units are popping up in droves for $700, some in the $650 range.

Several weeks ago, even $700 was rare.

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
My iPhone 3G went nuts last night - screen no longer works so I wanted to upgrade to iPhone 4. Local Rogers Plus kiosk is only taking names, waiting list of 70 people right now (for a town of 40,000 that doesnt even have much of a Rogers following), Rogers Plus (video) said they don't have any right now, and they're not sure when they may get them in. Futureshop refuses to answer their phones.

This is crazy, iPhone 3G launch was nuts but I was able to order phone over Customer Service on day of launch and it was there 5 days later.

esadb

macrumors 65816
Nov 29, 2008
My iPhone 3G went nuts last night - screen no longer works so I wanted to upgrade to iPhone 4. Local Rogers Plus kiosk is only taking names, waiting list of 70 people right now (for a town of 40,000 that doesnt even have much of a Rogers following), Rogers Plus (video) said they don't have any right now, and they're not sure when they may get them in. Futureshop refuses to answer their phones.

This is crazy, iPhone 3G launch was nuts but I was able to order phone over Customer Service on day of launch and it was there 5 days later.

1-866-304-4248

TheNewDude

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
Tried it too, they had no stock available. Finally got ahold of the local Futureshop, guy was a bit of a prick but they only had Fidos in stock (I'm on Rogers)

As far as I know the Rogers and Fido units are interchangable...

Please correct me if I'm wrong, anyone...

kenobe23

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2004
My experience

I phoned Virgin late on Thursday- my call actually continued past 9 PST (midnight Eastern). Phone was shipped on Friday (32GB), hoping to get it early this week. My wife also ordered the same one, shipped at the same time.

Dhelsdon

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2010
Canadian Eh!
I am seeing alot of canadian users on Rogers, with 6GB data plans for really cheap..

I'll be using Telus with my iP4, I was just curious if some of you other Telus users could tell me what plan you are on, and how much it costs. I want to get a decent amount of data usage but on the website, it says 6GB for 80$ which is kinda ridiculous.

Please help me shed some light on this as I am new to iPhone plans and data usage charges.

Rideherhard

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2010
I am seeing alot of canadian users on Rogers, with 6GB data plans for really cheap..

I'll be using Telus with my iP4, I was just curious if some of you other Telus users could tell me what plan you are on, and how much it costs. I want to get a decent amount of data usage but on the website, it says 6GB for 80$ which is kinda ridiculous.

Please help me shed some light on this as I am new to iPhone plans and data usage charges.

Telus has a plan that includes 6GB of data for $65

http://www.telusmobility.com/en/BC/clear_choice_voice_data/index.shtml?INTCMP=ILCq4pl1

Limited time offer on 3 year activations:
- Extra 5GB of data on plans $60 or over8
Plus a $15 month-to-month Share Plan for Tablets available to share your data from your Clear Choice™ Voice and Data Plan with your Tablet. Learn more
Introducing Unlimited Nationwide Family calling. Now, when you are on the same account as your family, you can talk to them whenever you want, as much as you want, right across the country. It's included automatically on your TELUS plan.
Get up to 100 BONUS Local Anytime Minutes †
Select the calling features you love

with the 1GB already in the plan that's 6GB

NathanCH

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2007
Vancouver, BC
Hey,

Is SMS and MMS different in terms of cost? I have unlimited texting and 6GB of data. Just curious, if I send a text message with a photo I took will I be charged separately with some weird fee, or does it just use my normal data?

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
Hey,

Is SMS and MMS different in terms of cost? I have unlimited texting and 6GB of data. Just curious, if I send a text message with a photo I took will I be charged separately with some weird fee, or does it just use my normal data?

Assuming if you're with Rogers, MMS IS different than regular SMS, I believe MMS messages cost 50¢ each unless if you have an MMS compatible text/mms plan. Wow.. I thought the old rate of 25¢ was a rip off (didn't know they changed it).

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/add-ons/video-messaging

Rideherhard

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2010
On a three year term though.. I have a year left on my contract with Telus, I don't want to sign again for another contract. No way!

Then you out of luck you only get the good deals when your on a long term plan. Why don't you want to get back into one? you can get your plan cheaper than without a contract and you'll save yourself money.

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
On a three year term though.. I have a year left on my contract with Telus, I don't want to sign again for another contract. No way!

I agree with Rideherhard said. I also have one year left in my contract (with Rogers), I was planning on going with the local competition in July, but Rogers was able to beat MTS' current sweet data+voice+text plan, oh and on friday 3G came to town (and my iPhone died shortly after - my fault). Retentions/Loyalty can be your friend - they can help lower your bill and get you the device you want. I'll be signing another 3 year contract with Rogers as soon as I can FIND an iPhone 4 (which is unlikely it seems with every store being sold out).

Dhelsdon

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2010
Canadian Eh!
Then you out of luck you only get the good deals on your plan when in a long term contract. Why don't you want to get back into one? you can get your plan cheaper than without a contract and you'll save yourself money.

Personally I don't like signing contracts because I don't know what could happen in that amount of time, what if you were laid off from your job? Most people wouldn't be able to afford 100$ monthly payments when they aren't working looking for a job.

I'll call them up had see if I can work some deal, maybe go with another year or so, but I will only sign for an additional three years if there is absolutely no other option.

Rideherhard

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2010
I agree with Rideherhard said. I also have one year left in my contract (with Rogers), I was planning on going with the local competition in July, but Rogers was able to beat MTS' current sweet data+voice+text plan, oh and on friday 3G came to town (and my iPhone died shortly after - my fault). Retentions/Loyalty can be your friend - they can help lower your bill and get you the device you want. I'll be signing another 3 year contract with Rogers as soon as I can FIND an iPhone 4 (which is unlikely it seems with every store being sold out).

Why not get the iPhone by calling Rogers? that's how I'm getting mine it's in the mail now!. Call them up.

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
Why not get the iPhone by calling Rogers? that's how I'm getting mine it's in the mail now!. Call them up.

Stated in earlier post today - Rogers had none in stock. I'm keeping an eye on the retention stock threads on HoFo/RFD for now on though. 24 hours (so far) of using combination of Blackberry Pearl and HTC TyTn (Windows Mobile 6) makes me mad!

Rideherhard

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2010
Stated in earlier post today - Rogers had none in stock. I'm keeping an eye on the retention stock threads on HoFo/RFD for now on though. 24 hours (so far) of using combination of Blackberry Pearl and HTC TyTn (Windows Mobile 6) makes me mad!

I missed that then. You can get your name put on one and when the next shipment comes in they'll send you one right away, they offered that to me a few weeks ago but I couldn't get the plan I wanted so I passed, wasn't signing in until I got the rate I wanted.

nidserz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2008
Dubai x Toronto
I ordered a phone for my brother on Thursday through the direct detentions number. She said she placed a rush order and would be here in 2-3 business days. Didn't get anything in the mail today, no email, so called to get a tracking number. The lady could give it, said it was shipped, and tries to forward me to the warehouse, but being on hold I got disconnected. Didn't want to sit through the hold so I will wait to see if I get it by tomorrow.

I've ordered many phones from Rogers and never recieved an email or tracking number and generally received the phone within 2 days or less.

Will let you guys know what happens.

Ps. This wasn't too bad to type on the iPhone 4. I need to get better and used to it; quite a change from my old BlackBerry.

Pps. On Thursday, the Rogers Plus store in Yorkdale, by Sears got about 15 units of 16gb. Nobody was in line until a friend went to get a BB Torch and then told me about the iPhone 4s in stock; still no line, but 1-2hrs later, about 8 people lined up and my friend still got an iPhone.
Just a FYI, looks like Rogers stores are "secretly" getting stock randomly. Can be quite lucky; right place, right time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.