Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dustman

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2007
Where's the google edition?! :p
you know samsung will screw up the software :(

All they really need to worry about is the camera app and the IR blaster app

I still can't understand why Google always f---s up the camera. (Irritated owner of a Nexus, now running non-stock to get around this.. sort of.)

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Not a fan of the Galaxy's style and doesn't appear to be significantly different, based on this render. Why does Samsung continue have the camera raised above the rest of the back panel?

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
Not a fan of the Galaxy's style and doesn't appear to be significantly different, based on this render. Why does Samsung continue have the camera raised above the rest of the back panel?

lord knows, but fwiw I havent scratched the lens running naked yet. There is a little lip created by the metal outline, but it is minuscule. My metal band is scratched, so it seems like it at least does something? but agreed

----------

I still can't understand why Google always f---s up the camera. (Irritated owner of a Nexus, now running non-stock to get around this.. sort of.)

For nexus, I think its the release of the drivers that is part of the issue. OEM's dont want to give up their special sauce in the full nexus images. Seems like you figured that out based on ur ROM though.

The camera on the S4 GE isnt too terrible, as it uses closed source drivers, and OS images are only available from 3rd parties (xda). Regardless, the touchwiz camera is better, yea

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013
I hope the S5 lives to the hype, i have the option of handing down my note3 to one of my co-workers and getting the office line on the S5 (we have to use samsung for wifi calling)..

PerfectDB

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2012
Boston, Lincolnshire
First shot of the S5...

S5-back.png

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013
Look at the camera. That looks different right?

Sure, but I was reffering to the overall impression i got from the picture (that the design has N3 influences)..Perhaps the prime version would be a bit different..I an expecting something like this..

samsung-galaxy-s5.png

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
I do wonder if there will be 2 versions.

This could be the standard one and the Prime would look radically different.

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013

Lava Lamp Freak

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2006
The most disturbing thing to me are the leaked dimensions. If correct, then the Galaxy S5 is going to be larger than the LG G2. I thought the size and shape of the S4 was very good. I liked it better than the Nexus 5 in hand. At what point will they stop making it bigger?

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013
The most disturbing thing to me are the leaked dimensions. If correct, then the Galaxy S5 is going to be larger than the LG G2. I thought the size and shape of the S4 was very good. I liked it better than the Nexus 5 in hand. At what point will they stop making it bigger?

I think Samsung should be able to retain the dimensions of the S4 and add the extra .2 inches of display that is being rumoured..They did that with the Note 3 as well. For me that is not a deal breaker, i desperately need a smaller Samsung phone than my note 3 and a 5 or 5.2 would be very welcomed..flagship features would make it even sweeter !

Lava Lamp Freak

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2006
I think Samsung should be able to retain the dimensions of the S4 and add the extra .2 inches of display that is being rumoured..They did that with the Note 3 as well. For me that is not a deal breaker, i desperately need a smaller Samsung phone than my note 3 and a 5 or 5.2 would be very welcomed..flagship features would make it even sweeter !

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case. In light in the leaked pictures, the leaked specs seem to match up.

Galaxy S5: 141.7 x 72.5 x 8.2
LG G2: 138.5 x 70.9 x 8.9

s5watermark.jpg

http://sonnydickson.com/2014/02/11/is-this-the-samsung-galaxy-s5/

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
That looks like a GN3 mini..

Yup. Nothing wrong with it, just nothing really different. Also, my eyes may be playing tricks on me but the one on the far left seems to have a gold/bronze metallic back panel.

----------

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case. In light in the leaked pictures, the leaked specs seem to match up.

Galaxy S5: 141.7 x 72.5 x 8.2
LG G2: 138.5 x 70.9 x 8.9

s5watermark.jpg

http://sonnydickson.com/2014/02/11/is-this-the-samsung-galaxy-s5/

Yeah, they're getting pretty damn big--that a full 12+ mm taller and 7 mm wider than a Moto X, my own personal sweet spot for size.

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013
There appears to be a dark blue version in this pic.

Two-tone flash? 3 colors (black, white, & gold)? And rumors of a finger print scanner? Hahaha

What? Enough of this..Apple thought about introducing Space Grey, White/silver, and Gold colors..Samsung is not doing that. They are going Black, White, Gold and blue..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.