Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jterp7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
I love TBD but I think it's a tad expensive even at 749, I will see though if I can afford it in Summer (probably can save up for it) and I can also still get my iPad 3, I guess I don't need a 23" ACD

I will probably get an iPad 3 for my B-Day and 24" unibody ACD or a 27" ACD or a 27" ATD, all will depend on my cash but I will get a unibody display this summer. I'll keep an eye on best-buy in starting in April
By the way for open box how do you know they have it? is it on their website?
Do I have to walk in for open box?
Better start saving :)

Yes assuming you wish to walk out with it:)

Best to call to confirm before you go if they're not close to you. Like I said earlier, check using the BB iphone app. It's more accurate than the website and should show the price. I confirmed the open box coupon with the CSR before going and they applied it as stated. Because it wasn't automatic it may be YMMV.

mac26

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2011
Yes assuming you wish to walk out with it:)

Best to call to confirm before you go if they're not close to you. Like I said earlier, check using the BB iphone app. It's more accurate than the website and should show the price. I confirmed the open box coupon with the CSR before going and they applied it as stated. Because it wasn't automatic it may be YMMV.

ok cool thanks, man if I knew about this before I could have bought my MBA for $100 to $200 less, aw well
gotta download the app now :)

jterp7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
ok cool thanks, man if I knew about this before I could have bought my MBA for $100 to $200 less, aw well
gotta download the app now :)

$400 for the 13" MBA (based on MSRP):D. Just be careful with the MBPs and iMac's since physically they can look very similar across generations. For the TBD and MBA, you can check by turning on the thing and in the TBD's case there is only one version.

mac26

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2011
$400 for the 13" MBA (based on MSRP):D. Just be careful with the MBPs and iMac's since physically they can look very similar across generations. For the TBD and MBA, you can check by turning on the thing and in the TBD's case there is only one version.

Oh no I already have my MBA now, wish I knew before, I know how to identify Macs, I just go into about this mac, tells you model number, year, etc.
By the way how do you check for open boxes on the iPhone app for BB?

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
Just bought an open box MBA from Best Buy

So I did it...got a bonus at work that financed my MacBook Air purchase.

I found an open-box MBA at Best Buy. It's the 11.6 inch model, with 4 GB of RAM and 128 GB SSD. It was in perfect physical condition, and they have a sale now for $100 off of open-box items. So what would have been $1079 cost me $979.

I currently have a mid-2011 Mac mini that I never use because I hate sitting at my desk just to use it. I will sell that on craigslist to offset some of the cost of this.

I considered not buying it, because I already have an iPad 2. But it's not very easy to create content on the iPad (you can in a pinch), so I'm looking forward to using this machine for that.

Thanks for all the great posts on the iPad/MBA redundancy. In the end, they really are two different devices with distinct purposes.

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
I just bought a 13" from Amazon yesterday :D It comes tomorrow.. and I can't wait! :D

Fast Shadow

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2004
Hollywood, CA
I just went and kind of impulse bought an 11" Air (1.6/4gb/128gb) from the local Apple Store. I didn't mean for it to happen... it just kind of did.

It's a pretty awesome computer. My MBP 17" is extremely jealous. I'm not sure how much more use it's going to get...

Trivial rock

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2008
Picked up my 13" 128GB MBA yesterday. Still have the printer rebait over here in the UK so have a new airprint enabled printer too :)

captmatt

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2008
Just ordered the 1.7 13in 128GB! My original MBA is getting long in the tooth. A few of the arrow keys no longer work (Steve would approve), the space bar is intermittent, and a host of other intermittent problems. I wanted to replace before total failure. For a typical Apple first generation "beta", 4 years of good service is a good track record!

(It did get a free refurb out-of-warranty last year--it got the hinge recall and they replaced what else was wrong with it at the time, including cosmetic problems like a yellowing Apple logo and scratched bezel).

I'm looking forward to a bit more speed!

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
I love my new MBA!

The only thing is.. I wish they'd start using IPS screens in these, because the color quality isn't too hot - in Windows you don't notice it as much but in OS X there's so much grey everywhere!

Last edited:

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2011
I just want to gush - I love my MBA :D:D:D:cool:

I've had it for about a month and a half but it's only over the past week or so that I've used it continuously/ for full days and really gotten the chance to test it out. I love it :):)

The only thing that bugs me (and which isn't the MBA's 'fault') is that the remote service for work is much better on a pc than a mac. But I guess I'll just have to live with that. It's not a huge practical problem, but the set up they have for pc users is really so much more advanced.

notMordecai

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2012
Texas
I purchased my girlfriend and I 13" MBAs (lower end) over Amazon earlier today with next day shipping.

Can't wait to try out OS X. It's my first mac product. I love windows but when it comes to portables- Apple has the durability and customer service I desire. :)

macguy360

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2011
I got a MBA!!

I went to Best Buy today and found a 13" i5 with 128gb sad for $1079 so I purchased it. So far I am 100% satisfied. This is an awesome laptop.

iKIKO

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2011
yeah i also got my 11 mba last monday, and can't put it down since then. i just sold my macbook pro 13. after a few days of using the air, the pro started to feel like and old and heavy machine.

more than happy with the air. i haven't touched the iPad too :D

Mattdub

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2012
Mba

Just got a 13" yesterday and I love it. My first Mac computer and I don't see myself going back to windows. Are there any tips for the first time user of a Mac and more specifically the air? Thanks in advance!

PacMan3000

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2011
For any of you guys with the MacBook Air 11'', what do you do about your photos and (depending on your video cameras) your videos? What kind of a USB SD card reader are you using to import pictures and video? And does it work well?

CtotheP

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2011
Silicon Valley
The wife's Rev. A Air had the infamous hinge-plague hit it and now the lid won't stay open (upright) it just falls back. Just ordered a Refurb 11" 4GB/128GB from the Apple Store for $999

Ryan T.

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2005
Rochester, NY
Just picked up a maxed out 11" i7 256GB SSD. Loving it so far, came from a 13" C2D previous gen that was getting a little slow on certain things.

Geekbabe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2011
I received my 13 inch Air at the end of Nov as an early Xmas gift from my family, I love this computer a little more each day. I've had many new computers over the years but few that have given me the pleasure this one has.

If you're on the fence about ordering the Air, take the plunge, you'll be glad you did.

spencers

macrumors 68020
Sep 20, 2004
Ditched the late 2008 Macbook Pro last week. Figured I'd wait out until Ivy Bridge and use my work laptop.

Caved and ordered the base 13" from Amazon last night. I should get it today :) $3.99 overnight rocks!

Boe11

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2010
I ordered a refurbished 2011 11"/1.8/4/256, a refurbished thunderbolt display, and a handful of new peripherals yesterday :D. This setup will be replacing my 17" MBP and possibly my windows desktop. I'm pretty stoked.

JDNGuru

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2010
sold my MBP for a MBA!

so far, i love it! sold the late 2011 MBP to get this MBA. i got the one with i5. im going to do some software testing to see if it 'lags' with what i need it for. if it does, i will return and get the 1.8Ghz i7! love this tiny thing!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.