Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

motorwaymike

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2010
Reset Ipad

Hi All,
My son's Ipad is locked due to too many incorrect code entries. I have spent hours on my own Ipad to try to find out how to unlock it and restore the factory settings - including sending the Serial No, and asking Apple for a call which never came and they don't reply to mine - so would be very grateful if anyone can help.
Thanks.

aepple

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2008
hi all,
my son's ipad is locked due to too many incorrect code entries. I have spent hours on my own ipad to try to find out how to unlock it and restore the factory settings - including sending the serial no, and asking apple for a call which never came and they don't reply to mine - so would be very grateful if anyone can help.
Thanks.

1800-apl-care

arenajhonson

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2011
Still awaiting delivery of my iPad, but used an iPhone for ages. The default setting for double-click the home button are favorites for quick dial. What makes the iPad? IPhone takes you triple click in the Spotlight search feature, etc..

Danny2011

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2011
Hey i hyst got my iPad keyboard today!! It simplifies the ipad so much more it is almost like having a laptop. I can do anything i want from it, lock the screen play my ipod while having my photos in gallery mode all with two buttons. Its really neat! This is a MUST for any iPad user

MacBill

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2010
Western Montana
Search Wikipedia or Web

When you're on the home page, click start button or scroll left. Search either from there. I bet this has been posted, but I didn't see it.
By the way, can someone tell me how to subscribe to this thread?

MacBill

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2010
Western Montana
Help

I like to snap pics on the map and email them, but I am having trouble getting the pics to save in lanscape mode. Porttrait sucks on the map because it makes everything smaller. Any pointers? I tried locking the orientation, but it makes no difference.
Thanks in advance guys

EssentialParado

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2005
When you're on the home page, click start button or scroll left. Search either from there. I bet this has been posted, but I didn't see it.
By the way, can someone tell me how to subscribe to this thread?

That's a good one, didn't know that!

To subscribe. go to the top of the page and click thread tools.

I like to snap pics on the map and email them, but I am having trouble getting the pics to save in lanscape mode. Porttrait sucks on the map because it makes everything smaller. Any pointers? I tried locking the orientation, but it makes no difference.
Thanks in advance guys

Apple have yet to fix the orientation of screenshots. What you can do is download Photoshop lite for free from the app store, and when you want to rotate a picture: import it, rotate, then save it.

WendiG

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2009
iPad calendar

Do you like a dare?
How do you delete B'Dates from your iPad calendar?

Anyone up to this dare???

Last edited:

eric3gar

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2011
iPad question

I am new to this forum, so please excuse me if I am inappropriately asking this question. I have an iPad in which I download a weekly magazine. I want to know how to delete the past few weeks of magazine downloads that are in my library. Any suggestions? Thanks.
eric3gar

eric3gar

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2011
delete magzine downloads

Does anybody know how to delete unwanted old magazine downloads? Thanks

DaWeav

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2010
Well, I found a way to get rid of the 'other data' since the 'other data' keeps growing and growing other than performing a backup/reset/restore. Here is what I did which has worked on mine and a few other people's iPads who have tried it.

I plug my iPad into the computer and a second or two after the 'Sync in Progress' appears on the iPad, I pull the cable connecting the iPad to the computer. Then when I plug the iPad back into the computer, iTunes magically reset the 'Other Data'.

I'm using Windows Vista with iTunes 10.1.2 and iPad OS 4.2.1.

class77

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
Does anybody know how to delete unwanted old magazine downloads? Thanks

Don't know if this works for all magazines. To delete old People issues, go to "library", press and hold the issue you want to delete. An X will appear in the top left hand corner of that magazine cover(just like when you delete and app) and click the X. Takes a second for the content to be deleted and the cover is grayed out. Easy!

dotspc

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2011
lock with bluetooth keyboard?

Does anyone know how to lock (sleep) the ipad with a bluetooth keyboard? I have the rocketfish icapsule and it is difficult to reach the sleep button when it is in the case.

Delehe

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2011
West Coast
Oh dear some people really don't have anything better to do.

It's pedantic, pompous, pathetic and pointless to endlessly correct people's spelling and grammar on this forum do people not take a moment to think that other forum users might not have such a great grasp of the English language?

Here Here I agree!k

Medium Rare

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2011
Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
I was a little surprised no one mentioned this one, but maybe most don't like to listen to live radio in the background as much as I do.
Anyway-you can open up any live/streaming radio station in Safari and then close Safari while it's playing and go surf the web in any other browser (if Safari isn't your favorite browser) or go read mail or play games or whatever and the radio station continues to play in the background no matter what you do even though Safari is closed.
I'm certainly not waiting on multi-tasking at all. My iPad multi-tasks just fine for me :)
PS live365 is the station I listen to but others said their stations work, too.

Just tried this. No Go, it says I need to load Flash :confused:

kathpdx

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2008
northwest
About to be holding my own/first iPad(2)

Since virtually this entire thread predates the iPad2, do all / some / most of the tips and tricks and ideas posted here apply equally?? I am about to be receiving my long-awaited iPad2, and I would love to have the right resource for getting up to speed on the iPad unique isms! :cool:

Thank you!!

anouj

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2011
Since virtually this entire thread predates the iPad2, do all / some / most of the tips and tricks and ideas posted here apply equally?? I am about to be receiving my long-awaited iPad2, and I would love to have the right resource for getting up to speed on the iPad unique isms! :cool:

Thank you!!

Yep :D

stayclassy

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2011
1st p

Just figured this out..

If you double-press the home button when your ipad2 is locked, it will bring up your music controls/album art (still while locked)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.