Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
This is the most believable leak yet:

2ygunu2u.jpg

I think it's the real deal. It was uploaded a while back.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
This is the most believable leak yet:

I think it's the real deal. It was uploaded a while back.

God it's ugly .......

It's like a schizophrenic phone design wise. Wood back, but with big plastic M symbol below an oversized camera, then chrome bezels / sides and a plastic front with horrid earpiece / microphone array ..... It's Frankenstein beast of a phone. Quite possibly the worst thing I've seen design incoherent wise ...

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
I just want to lay a nickel or dime on the back of that alleged Moto X+1.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
God it's ugly .......

It's like a schizophrenic phone design wise. Wood back, but with big plastic M symbol below an oversized camera, then chrome bezels / sides and a plastic front with horrid earpiece / microphone array ..... It's Frankenstein beast of a phone. Quite possibly the worst thing I've seen design incoherent wise ...

I'm guessing the wood is just an option as it was on the Moto X. Replace the rear panel with the soft touch type material used on the X and trade the white front panel for black and I think it's a pretty nice looking phone. I'm assuming those giant slits at the top and bottom are for speakers, which would be very welcome, especially if anything like the Boom sound speakers found on HTC devices and would be much less noticeable in black. I'd hope you could customize the color of the metal frame as you could with the few bits of metal on the X.

If you look past the awful choices in color and materials applied to this specific device, I think the design is good--minimal bezels with what looks like a nice rounded shape that would make it comfortable to hold. Choose the wrong combo of colors/materials on the X and it was equally as ugly.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I'm guessing the wood is just an option as it was on the Moto X. Replace the rear panel with the soft touch type material used on the X and trade the white front panel for black and I think it's a pretty nice looking phone. I'm assuming those giant slits at the top and bottom are for speakers, which would be very welcome, especially if anything like the Boom sound speakers found on HTC devices and would be much less noticeable in black. I'd hope you could customize the color of the metal frame as you could with the few bits of metal on the X.

If you look past the awful choices in color and materials applied to this specific device, I think the design is good--minimal bezels with what looks like a nice rounded shape that would make it comfortable to hold. Choose the wrong combo of colors/materials on the X and it was equally as ugly.

There was a rumor that those were just earpiece and microphone like the Moto E, but considering no speaker holes on the back of that picture, I'm assuming they will hopefully be speakers.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
There was a rumor that those were just earpiece and microphone like the Moto E, but considering no speaker holes on the back of that picture, I'm assuming they will hopefully be speakers.

If those huge cutouts weren't there to accommodate dual speakers then yes, I'd absolutely agree that it's an ugly design. That being said, assuming there are dual speakers, HTC needs to take note because they'll have much less of an excuse for their large 'chin and forehead' bezels if Moto can pull it off with the X+1's comparatively tiny bezels. Moto will have succeeded in cramming all of the same hardware in a much more efficient package.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
God it's ugly .......

Funny, I actually like the design :D:D

The wood back is probably one of the available customization options, like on the Moto X.

Then it seems like the bezel is made of aluminum IMO, not like the ones on Samsung phones.

Looks good to me.

Wolfpup

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2006
Hope it's waterproof. I didn't really realize that TWO "flagship" phones are now. Many of Sony's Xperia Z phones are (including the new Z2 and the Z1 compact which is basically the same thing but smaller). Those have an 8 rating, but even Samsung's Galaxy S5 and the Active variant have 7 ratings.

If someone could just make the USB port waterproof too (like they have the headphone jack on the newer Z models!)

PFKMan23

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2012
Looks good, but between the links and from what we've seen of the current Moto G and Moto E, I would bet that's pretty close atleast to the real deal.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Horrible design. The first one looked way better! I was hoping this wasn't the real design, but looks like it is. It looks like a Moto E + Moto X had a baby and spit out the Moto X+1.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Horrible design. The first one looked way better! I was hoping this wasn't the real design, but looks like it is. It looks like a Moto E + Moto X had a baby and spit out the Moto X+1.

Agreed. Pretty blah.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010

Maybe it supposed to be the Moto X+E?

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California

I'm assuming single front facing speaker? I dig it.

Nope, looks like boom speakers. Also, look at the front of the white phone. Looks like a 4 camera setup like the Fire phone, but something tells me those aren't camera's. Possible air gestures to be used with Voice Activation?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-21-17-20-22.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-21-17-20-22.png
    929 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN

LOL!:D

Seriously, the black looks nice.

Wiesenlooser

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Damn... this phone looks like an ugly piece of ****. Way to ruin what was once one of the nicest looking phones out there :rolleyes:

Definitely wont buy this ugly bastard.

This thing has NOTHING to share in common with the moto x. It is big, it looks corny, compared to the beautiful moto x. Seriously, slap a samsung logo on it and I would think it is a Galaxy S4

moto-x-2-hero.jpg

Oh people liked that nice, subtle dimple on the back. LETS SLAP A MOTHER****ING BIG BADGE ON THE NEXT ONE

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.