Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zunjine

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2009
The screen on this thing is stunning. It's more subtle than when I first saw the iPhone 4 screen but then it's likely I've just become used to very high res devices since then. But the richness of the colours coupled with the resolution just makes everything look amazingly crisp and solid.

I think I read a post where someone said it was like looking at a glowing sheet of paper. I really can attest to that. Can't wait for some of my retina enabled games to load up so I can go ahead and try it the graphics on this.

Kroxx

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Still waiting for mine from TNT :(

Emmaonline

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Just arrived. From TNT. Really didn't think it was going to show today.

Geminist

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/7.30765/27.1350; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

Mine just got sent back to the warehouse. Great. I know which company to avoid now in the future.

LordEntropy

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007

After 6pm and no show from TNT, oh well worse things happen at sea. Will try to see if a pickup tomorrow is possible. May complain to Apple though, going to have to do a 25 mile round trip to collect.

crazyman3005

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
16:02 waiting for UK Mail here in North West Leicestershire.

Really annoying, got all my work done. Can go home as soon as it arrives... if it arrives.

Seems weird had a rather chirpy man at 8am deliver mine also in the exact same area, said he had plenty of iPads to deliver.

rat19

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2005
London, UK
Finally recieved mine, SE London, UK Mail. Just my luck I was his last delivery of the day. Anyway, I've got it now so all is well. Screen looks fantastic.

dead_smed

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2004
Milton Keynes
TNT delivered to me in Northamptonshire (NN15) just before 6. Phoned call centre again, they were unsure if they would deliver to 6 or 7 this evening.

Kroxx

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2011

LordEntropy said:

After 6pm and no show from TNT, oh well worse things happen at sea. Will try to see if a pickup tomorrow is possible. May complain to Apple though, going to have to do a 25 mile round trip to collect.

Still waiting for mine from TNT where abouts are you??

Rhyst21

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
Warwickshire, UK
Just to let you know guys,
I called TNT and they gave me the number to my depot, I called the depot and they told me the driver was already back at the depot,
So I'm just on my way to the depot now to collect it.
Wish I would have known this today would have saved me a day of sitting around stressing

Arline

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2010

Me too. I wonder if TNT couldn't deliver them all on time, why did they accept so many deliveries? Apple could have easily added another courier like DHL, DPD, CityLink or whatever and balance the load between them so everyone would have got a better service.

funkyd77

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2010
London, UK
The screen on this thing is stunning. It's more subtle than when I first saw the iPhone 4 screen but then it's likely I've just become used to very high res devices since then. But the richness of the colours coupled with the resolution just makes everything look amazingly crisp and solid.

Indeed, to the extent that turning back now to type this on my mid-2011 macbook air, makes its screen look "grainy".

LordEntropy

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007

I am Northants NN14. Busy with work now so no chance to pick up tonight even if they were open. Disappointing.

d.b.c

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
Just about given up hope as branch of work I'd sent it to in Trafalgar Square closes at 6 but arrived at 5.41 (UkMail) quick dash down to collect and now another half hour of work, furious cycle home and then let the fun commence!

parestailor

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2011
London, UK
I'm bang in the middle of covent garden and no show from TNT !!!!!!! Been on the phone for 18mns now, still says "in transit" why did TNT take so many orders on if they couldn't handle the load!!

Arline

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2010
Just complained to Apple and they said that it still will be delivered today, even if it's very late in the evening.

cfc

macrumors 68030
May 27, 2011
Me too. I wonder if TNT couldn't deliver them all on time, why did they accept so many deliveries? Apple could have easily added another courier like DHL, DPD, CityLink or whatever and balance the load between them so everyone would have got a better service.

I'm still waiting for TNT too. I must admit that I was worried when I saw it was being delivered by them instead of UPS, and it looks like the worries were well founded. Hopefully they will turn up soon - it's lucky I'm in tonight.

Why do Apple use carriers like TNT instead of sticking to the likes of UPS, DPD etc. Although at least they don't use CityLink!

Pawprints

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
Still waiting on TNT to show up. Still says out for delivery on the tracking page.. What a total farse this has been and not fun waiting in all day and being told very little of any use on the phone. I could have picked one up in store. This will be the last product I contemplate pre-ordering and as it's been misleading from start to finish. I really hope mine does make an appearance at sometime and in my opinion Apple have a lot to answer for considering they've been sitting around for a few days...

Btw, TNT, Hertfordshire.

Pawprints

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
Oh it just gets better. If you phone apple's customer service they just say sorry , we're too busy and cut you off. Amazing service they've got going on for a £500+ product. It's a shame as they've been really helpful in the past but not today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.