Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peabo

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2008
Still waiting on my delivery from Syncreon/UKMail.
Both sites still say 'out for delivery' but their call centres are closed.

Alith

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2008
London, UK.
E3 here. TNT Barking apparently. The tracking says 'recipient unavailable' which is a big lie as there is 24hr staff here and a post room and no courier came and went. My AppleTV managed to arrive safely.

30 mins in a queue. Not sure how I will get my iPad. Is the barking depot open for collections on the weekend?

Toonbay

macrumors 6502
I pre ordered for the original iPad 1st gen and got it ok but skipped on the iPad 2.
I was going to pre order the new one but last year with the iPad 2 , telco , argos pc world seemed to have plenty.

Last night i ordered with John lewis just after midnight for collection on saturday but then i checked my local argos and they had the one i wanted so reserved and picked up this afternoon. Really easy and no worrying about couriers for a change.

I really hope all those still waiting get their iPads tonight, the screen is amazing!!

peabo

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2008
19:18 just delivered by UKMail in London SW.
Poor guy said he still has loads to go, he looked exhausted.

flipshot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2007
Hertfordshire, UK
I blame Apple as much as TNT - they should spread the load across more companies. As long as it's not CityLink!

There is only really DPD left that is any good. Yodel and Hermes would not be good, especially as they mainly use housewives delivering in their free time using their own cars. So they wouldn't have the security the other courier companies have, and they would probably have to stop delivering once they pick their kids up from school.

Arline

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2010
There is only really DPD left that is any good. Yodel and Hermes would not be good, especially as they mainly use housewives delivering in their free time using their own cars. So they wouldn't have the security the other courier companies have, and they would probably have to stop delivering once they pick their kids up from school.

There's DHL too, although it's not cheap.

cfc

macrumors 68030
May 27, 2011

DPD were the company I was thinking about. My other half uses them all the time for her work. They give 1 hour delivery slots and nearly always arrive in that hour.

I expect that they charge a bit more but Apple can afford it with their margins. And I'm sure that some customers would be willing to pay a premium for that sort of service anyway, which would spread the load without costing Apple any more. I'd certainly pay more for better service, having had problems with my last 5 orders from the Apple Online Store. Great products, poor distribution.

bassanoclapper

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2008
London
Tracking details have delivery at 6pm today
Just spoke to Syncreon on the phone and the guy got really shirty with me.

Can't even establish what depot my gear's at as it's been in 3 locations today.

Apple customer service can't accept calls, presumably due to overload.
I don't mind not getting my stuff, I just want accurate information

Frustrating :mad:

Ukeman

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2012
hawaii
UPS.... mine is OUT FOR DELIVERY! 1/2 hour distance but don't know their route schedule; could be minutes or hours.

Are these point and shoot or do we have to charge them up?

Anyone get theirs yet? I'd bet some are in their owners hands already.

bassanoclapper

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2008
London
Finally recieved mine, SE London, UK Mail. Just my luck I was his last delivery of the day. Anyway, I've got it now so all is well. Screen looks fantastic.

Bugger. I'm in SE22, Syncreon guy mentioned UK Mail on the phone.
Oh well

----------

DPD Suck!

really only leaves DHL and Fedex, but dont no anyone who uses Fedex UK

DPD have let me down from Amazon in the past.
I'd rather just collect mine, delivery in this country is broken

steveza

macrumors 68000
Feb 20, 2008
UK
DPD were the company I was thinking about. My other half uses them all the time for her work. They give 1 hour delivery slots and nearly always arrive in that hour.

I expect that they charge a bit more but Apple can afford it with their margins. And I'm sure that some customers would be willing to pay a premium for that sort of service anyway, which would spread the load without costing Apple any more. I'd certainly pay more for better service, having had problems with my last 5 orders from the Apple Online Store. Great products, poor distribution.
I use DPD a lot and they have always delivered in the hour slot for me. They are actually one of the cheaper couriers I use.

LordEntropy

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007
Have officially given up and am not even going to bother to try and ring either Apple or TNT. Have got better things to do with my time.

Disappointed and will remember this when I next want an Apple product.

Evenstar100

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
Tomorrow!

Apparently they tried to deliver mine this morning at 11 am - that's rubbish I've been at home all day waiting. I asked TNT why they hadn't left a card if they had actually tried to deliver! The woman at TNT said that have had a number of people from my area ringing with the same complaint.
I told the woman it's not just in this area (NE Wales) that there's been a problem, it's national! I don't believe they tried to deliver! I do believe they couldn't cope! They will deliver tomorrow morning! They'd better OR ELSE!

northernpaul

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2008
I'm in E1. Out for delivery from Barking at 5:58 AM. Still no sign.

Just called UPS and they said they deliver until 7pm tonight in my area, and that if it's in the van it's guaranteed to come today. Not sure if I believe the person I spoke to. Hope she's right! :confused:

Arrived 6.45pm. Apparently the courier had delivered nothing else all day, and usually ended work at 5pm. Not today! :)

serton

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
Well I missed my delivery and TNT did not leave a card. The guy at apple just sounded like he couldn't care less. Didn't help that when he gave me the number for TNT that I had a 1hour 5 minute wait to speak to someone.

She was very nice and rearranged delivery for tomorrow before 1pm.

She also told me that they had asked people to stay behind to help answer calls but everyone had refused and there were 3 people answering all the calls. And that once 8pm hit they would be going.

Jemmaeg

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2012
Birmingham, England
Now I'm furious :mad: Mines supposedly being delivered by TNT. My status was "out for delivery", its just changed to "Receiver not home", There are 5 of in the living room and I live on a tiny cul-de-sac, we know if any vehicles go up the road. Im going to their depot early tomorrow morning. As far as I'm concerned saying "receiver not home" when they haven't tried is totally unacceptable! Can't get through on the phone, TNT are terrible.

LordEntropy

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007
Well I missed my delivery and TNT did not leave a card. The guy at apple just sounded like he couldn't care less. Didn't help that when he gave me the number for TNT that I had a 1hour 5 minute wait to speak to someone.

She was very nice and rearranged delivery for tomorrow before 1pm.

She also told me that they had asked people to stay behind to help answer calls but everyone had refused and there were 3 people answering all the calls. And that once 8pm hit they would be going.

Email Tim Cook and see if he responds like Steve used to. He should be made aware of the "couldn't care less" attitude of the Apple staff.

Pawprints

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
Mine is still stuck on Out for Delivery.. I've all but given up now. I think the other guy is right about the ladies going at 8 and to be honest I really don't blame them one tiny bit, they were as helpful as they could be. I was on hold at 8 and heard a click and then TNT started rambling on about their services and how you could book etc etc. I'll never ever use TNT again. There is no way I can get to the depot so I really hope they honour their suggested Saturday delivery... To say I'm fuming is an understatment...

Arline

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2010
Apple apparently started sending "we are sorry" emails to the people whose deliveries were missed with promise of a prompt Saturday delivery.

NovaKane

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2011
Ups

The delivery was scheduled for midday, but driver forgot - at least that is their explanation.

Funny that there was a large UPS van in the area this morning and he still managed to forget to go through the parcels in his van.

Pawprints

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
An email would be something but alas no, not a thing... apple is still refusing to talk to customers on the phone and I have no way of telling if my order will appear tomorrow or not. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.