Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Geminist

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2012
Well, I've been on hold on TNT for almost 30 minutes now. Just wanted to find out which depot my parcel is in.

Ah well.

Pawprints

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
Won't it tell you in your tracking info? I've been told that mine still may turn up tonight but I've lost hope now. Apparently they're going to re-deliver the ones they missed tomorrow but again not sure if this is just wishfull thinking again.

I wish they'd at least put me out of my misery instead of leaving it at "out for delivery"

Geminist

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2012
Mine is already back in the warehouse.

I just wanted to find out where it is and when it would be redelivered. My delivery address is a work address, so I wouldn't be in over the weekend.

This is just disappointing, on Apple's part and on TNT's part.

parestailor

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2011
London, UK
Won't it tell you in your tracking info? I've been told that mine still may turn up tonight but I've lost hope now. Apparently they're going to re-deliver the ones they missed tomorrow but again not sure if this is just wishfull thinking again.

I wish they'd at least put me out of my misery instead of leaving it at "out for delivery"

I agree if there letting there customers down just hurry up!! TNT been so poor

tejaykay

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
Edinburgh
Guys, I really see no point pre-ordering in the UK. Demand here is nothing like the US.

I had already ordered an iPad for collection in the US in two weeks time as I'll be in Manhattan and wanted to save on the exchange rate. I then got impatient and reserved one at Argos on my way into work this morning (good availability at 9am), then realised at work that I get 10% off at Comet through a rewards scheme. Promptly reserved another there, walked in and collected at 6pm. Loads of stock around.

I hope you all get your soon though. Couriers here can be pants.

parestailor

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2011
London, UK

I just wanted to find out where it is and when it would be redelivered. My delivery address is a work address, so I wouldn't be in over the weekend.

did your TNT tracking tell you this?

Pawprints

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
Ah fair point. I hope you get it sorted, good luck.

I'll be on the phone to them first thing in the morning no doubt to try and get mine delivered. Makes me laugh when they class it as an Express service. Not totally their fault but I think it's about half and half.

cyberheater

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2010
Near Glasgow
I think you could pop out and buy an iPad and then return the ordered one when it finally turns up. Apple have a 14 day no quibble returns policy.

State on the return the reason was due to late delivery. They might use a better courier next time.

cfc

macrumors 68030
May 27, 2011
Oh it just gets better. If you phone apple's customer service they just say sorry , we're too busy and cut you off. Amazing service they've got going on for a £500+ product. It's a shame as they've been really helpful in the past but not today.

Yup - I just got the same. Luckily I used my mobile so I didn't lose my place in the TNT queue (40 minutes so far). Although if TNT were as honest as Apple then maybe I could have given up immediately instead of holding on in the hope that someone will answer and actually be of some help.

It doesn't surprise me - as a regular Apple customer I'm used to this. I can't remember the last time they delivered something when they promised. The products are great and the customer service is usually good (if you can get through) but the shipping infrastructure is awful. Their margins are so large that they should be using more or better courier companies instead of the likes of TNT. They clearly weren't up to the job judging from the fact that the majority of the complaints on this thread are about them.

Evenstar100

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
Still waiting!

I'm still waiting for mine too. I've been hanging on the phone to TNT for 27 mins now. The tracking info is garbled! I have no idea what it means. Bottom line is it still says 'Out for delivery!'

Kroxx

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2011
I have just been on the phone to my local depot in Durham and they told me the driver is still out and if it isnt delivered tonight then it will be in the morning... rang back half an hour later asking if the driver was still out... put me on hold for 5 mins (must have been ringing driver) and they told me he will deliver in the next 45 mins... so he is coming before 7:30pm

parestailor

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2011
London, UK

who ever gets through to TNT please do tell what they have to say

Pawprints

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
Just to add, mine was / is on a Luton van. :( I hope the driver hasn't gone AWOL as that happened once before (not with TNT) and all items were lost.

Geminist

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2012
After 35 minutes someone picked up the phone.

I'll need to collect it in the depot tomorrow. I was told the driver ran out of legal driving time (??) and so he can't deliver it today.

This is really poor planning on TNT's part.

I will NOT send anything via TNT in the future.

parestailor

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2011
London, UK
After 35 minutes someone picked up the phone.

I'll need to collect it in the depot tomorrow. I was told the driver ran out of legal driving time (??) and so he can't deliver it today.

This is really poor planning on TNT's part.

I will NOT send anything via TNT in the future.

absolute joke

cfc

macrumors 68030
May 27, 2011
Finally got through to TNT (after 50 minutes on hold) and they said that my order is still out for delivery and that my depot (Byfleet) is delivering until 9pm tonight. If they don't manage to deliver tonight then they will try again on Monday. However they did say that it could be picked up from the depot tomorrow morning as long as I take along the order numbers and plenty of identification.

I asked what the problem was, if there was a broken down lorry or something, and she pretty much admitted that they had bitten off more than they could chew.

I blame Apple as much as TNT - they should spread the load across more companies. As long as it's not CityLink!

Geminist

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2012
Where are you based and have they updated your tracking info?

London Bridge area and yes they've updated it.

I just discovered that their depot, is about 10 minutes drive from my office. This is really great. Tomorrow I'll have to pick a bus to pick up a parcel due to someone else's poor planning.

Reser

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2010
TNT were totally unprepared it seems. They even had to rent vans to use, mine arrived in a rental van by somebody who was probably only hired for the day to deliver the iPads.

Kroxx

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2011
mine has just turned up.... 19:00 drivers says he still has loads to deliver tonight

Tipsee63

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2012
East London, UK
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'm at UPS in Barking now. My delivery was re-scheduled to Monday and I had to phone them to find out. So I'm here to collect very pissed off!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.