Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Regardless of who thinks its a waste of time or not to go on launch day its completely aside the point(focus here, no one asked if you'd do the same). I think and agree with the OP that what apple did is unethical. They basically took all the inventory from stores and gave it to the AUP peeps. I don't think is right for AUP to be without phones but also don't think its fair for campers, first day addicts or whatever you may call them, to be without phones because of apple's screw ups.

This will soon be water over the bridge but this is how companies burn bridges themselves. I'm sure that class action lawsuit againsta apple from their beloved AUP members had a lot to do. Once more proving that unless there are serious consequences, some of us will get screwed. So much for loyalty.
I'm sorry, did they take the AUP members current phones away from them? I haven't heard about that, otherwise how are they "without phones".

I haven't looked into the AUP program at all (I'm on a 2-3 cycle at my leisure), is there something in there that stipulates you get a new phone on day one for standing in line. Or a guarantee of priority in the pre-ordering process? I truly don't know so if anyone does that'd be great.

Reactions: Mr Verses

txcallahan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2016
Regardless of who thinks its a waste of time or not to go on launch day its completely aside the point(focus here, no one asked if you'd do the same). I think and agree with the OP that what apple did is unethical. They basically took all the inventory from stores and gave it to the AUP peeps. I don't think is right for AUP to be without phones but also don't think its fair for campers, first day addicts or whatever you may call them, to be without phones because of apple's screw ups.

This will soon be water under the bridge but this is how companies burn bridges themselves with loyal customers. I'm sure that class action lawsuit against apple from their beloved AUP members had a lot to do. Once more proving that unless there are serious consequences, some of us will get screwed. So much for loyalty.

If only we'd learn from things like this, maybe next year no one will go stand in line.
OMG Thank you, that's is exactly my point!!!!

Reactions: Breezygirl

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
That is exactly where I felt like I was (under a rock) when I read the awesome news the Apple stores would not have 7+'s
I know, right? I keep hearing that Tim Cook is 'master' of the supply chain. Yeah right. That's why both Apple Watch 2 AND the iPhone 7+ are delayed. The whole 'they didn't know what the demand would be' is a bunch of bull.

yomnym

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2008
I'm sorry, did they take the AUP members current phones away from them? I haven't heard about that, otherwise how are they "without phones".

I haven't looked into the AUP program at all (I'm on a 2-3 cycle at my leisure), is there something in there that stipulates you get a new phone on day one for standing in line. Or a guarantee of priority in the pre-ordering process? I truly don't know so if anyone does that'd be great.

Its posted in the main page here. They were getting no phones at all so a class action lawsuit was filed. That matter was resolved too quickly, that's why there are no phones in stores or even apple stores.

Here's the link
https://www.macrumors.com/2016/09/12/apple-iphone-upgrade-program-lawsuit/

Reactions: jbachandouris

txcallahan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2016
Its posted in the main page here. They were getting no phones at all so a class action lawsuit was filed. That matter was resolved too quickly, that's why there are no phones in stores or even apple stores.
Yup, and they should have been mad! I am not at all upset at them for standing up for what they deserve, I am pissed at Apple for not planning this out before launch

KRG

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2015
Orange County, CA
I guess I just don't see why any walk-in should get priority over someone who stayed up to pre-order the phone a week ago. Sorry. They need to fulfill pre-orders first. It's good business. The walk-in thing is fun to some, but it's always a game with no guarantees. I don't have much sympathy and I don't think Apple is in the wrong here.

dstew201

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2016
I'm too lazy to go through the 2 pages, so it may have been addressed already, but... You have a 6s+, was it really critical to get a 7/7+ on launch day???

*i know I know * it's your thing... :p

azfalcons

Suspended
Sep 29, 2014
Valley of the sun
Ha ha this is as funny as people going to s
I know, right? I keep hearing that Tim Cook is 'master' of the supply chain. Yeah right. That's why both Apple Watch 2 AND the iPhone 7+ are delayed. The whole 'they didn't know what the demand would be' is a bunch of bull.

7 plus is delayed? That's news to me seeing as mins is enroute from fed ex right now

txcallahan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2016
Oh the white Privillage. Mean while kids and elderly are suffering in war zones And what angers us so much ? Lack of an iPhone 7
I can't I just can't, lol, toooo much. Well thanks for helping me totally get over Apple bad business practices, lol wow just wow

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
I've never camped overnight at an Apple store but its on my bucket list. Say I'm going to take off and do it every year but get lazy and just preorder.

I for one hope launch dale campout sales don't go away completely.

smacrumon

macrumors 68030
Jan 15, 2016
Looks like the trolls are out again persecuting a newbie for commenting on their own genuine experience trying to get an iPhone. You all should be ashamed. Apple is at fault here. Poorly executed launch this time. If Apple can't supply enough stock on launch, move the launch date especially knowing customers will stand in line waiting overnight for days.

Phone Junky

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2011
Midwest
Serious question to the upset iPhone wannabe purchasers. Would you not be upset if, Apple held the launch back 1 month and you got a phone on launch day? If you would not be upset, how is this any different than you getting one a month from now? Is the launch day phone really that big a thing?

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
Looks like the trolls are out again persecuting a newbie for commenting on their own genuine experience trying to get an iPhone. You all should be ashamed. Apple is at fault here. Poorly executed launch this time. If Apple can't supply enough stock on launch, move the launch date especially knowing customers will stand in line waiting overnight for days.

How is it poorly executed? What if they sold more than last year but also had more demand?

IMHO the yearly upgrades from Apple, Verizon, and AT&T made this problem. We used to be on two year cycles, now we are on yearlies.

golfdude

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2005
It's obvious apple screwed this launch up. With the exploding Galaxy's they could have really put a dent on that. Every company wants to build a backlog/demand but not like this. Granted a month from now they will be down to 1-2 week deliverys but they could have blown the rough off this Q with iPhones.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
I get it, I promise I do. I just don't know why me being pissed off at Apple turns into making me accountable to war zones and poverty
I never stated that and I hope you aren't confusing me with another poster.

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
It's obvious apple screwed this launch up. With the exploding Galaxy's they could have really put a dent on that. Every company wants to build a backlog/demand but not like this. Granted a month from now they will be down to 1-2 week deliverys but they could have blown the rough off this Q with iPhones.

Screwed up how?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.