Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

junebug1

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2007
NE Ohio
With 2.0 you can now start writing an SMS message and leave to do whatever you want whether it be write a new message to another contact or play a game of Super Monkey Ball and when you go back to the SMS contact you started writing to the message will still be there. It's something I wanted for a while and am glad they "fixed" it.

Sonicjay

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2008
With 2.0 you can now start writing an SMS message and leave to do whatever you want whether it be write a new message to another contact or play a game of Super Monkey Ball and when you go back to the SMS contact you started writing to the message will still be there. It's something I wanted for a while and am glad they "fixed" it.

Just noticed this today; very nice that they changed that

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
sounds an awful lot like a restore. isnt that the recovery sequence?

This was the original tip that I was given in another thread. It worked for me, as I let go right after the white flash and before the power off screen appeared. It seems that kdarling's correction on my tip (on page 1) works way better.

ivtecDOu

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2008
mass
saving pictures to camera roll by holding finger down on a pic and it asks you t save them. can aslo be used in email and safari.:cool:

pianos101

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2006
Philly Area
- On the iPhone headphones, the little stub thing on the right ear side wire is a microphone. If you pinch it once, it pauses a song / answers a call, and if you double pinch it, it fast forwards songs.

So regarding this, has anyone had problems using their old iphone headphones with the new phone? When i use my old headphones and double-click to change tracks it usually doesn't register, and if it does it most often pauses. I've tried all different speeds of clicking the button, but i can't get it to work right. I haven't tried my new headphones yet, but aren't they the same??

pianos101

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2006
Philly Area
(1) Hand your iPhone and a micro-fiber cloth to a trusted friend.
(2) Go into the next room.
(3) Call your iPhone and when your friend answers, say "Start wiping."

It works very well.

:D

HAHAHAHA that's hysterical!

But remote wipe is more for corporate users. If someone loses their phone, ATT (on behalf of the company) can remotely wipe the phone to avoid having confidential/proprietary information stolen.

Sardukar

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2008

But remote wipe is more for corporate users. If someone loses their phone, ATT (on behalf of the company) can remotely wipe the phone to avoid having confidential/proprietary information stolen.
No, it is an Exchange feature.

littlewaywelt

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2007

This is available for WM by 3rd party software. Via text messages you can remote lock wipe unlock the phone, sd card, etc. I can't believe someone hasn't built this app yet.

http://www.scpsoft.com/

mrwizardno2

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2007
Columbus, OH
I don't think anyone has mentioned this one... and I certainly never knew about it! I knew tapping in maps would zoom in, but use Two fingers to tap in Maps, and it zooms back out. I always used to do the pinch thing.

pianos101

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2006
Philly Area
No one's tried using their old iphone headphones in the new phone and seeing if the tracks will change like before? I can't get my old headphones to work correctly...

peteo

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2007
If you use google maps on your computer and set up directions, click the email link and send it to an email account you have setup on the iPhone. On the iPhone open your email, click the link and it will open up the google maps app on the iPhone!. this is one of my favorite features!(was there since day 1)

paulold

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2008
Washington, DC
Yes, there's a trick:

Hold down the Home button first, then "snap" the on/off button. You'll see a white flash and the screen is saved to Photos.

Oh my - I thought y'all were joking about this screen capture feature, especially since it's almost the same key combination for shutting down or rebooting the iPhone. But it totally works!! Not sure what I'll use it for, but maybe I could make a cool wallpaper or show a friend my latest top score. Pretty spiffy! Thanks guys!

Merlosso

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2008
I found this out from an earlier 2.0 beta, but with the keyboard up, you can press and hold on keys and it will pop up alternate forms of letters for other languages. For the period it will also pop up .com, .net, .org, etc. This applies to the .com button as well when typing in URLs.

This is a great tip. Thanks!

Saladinos

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Drag with 3 fingers down in Safari to scroll a frame. Because some sites still use them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.