Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rat-Boy

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2008
Georgia
-
- On the iPhone headphones, the little stub thing on the right ear side wire is a microphone. If you pinch it once, it pauses a song / answers a call, and if you double pinch it, it fast forwards songs.
And if you triple pinch the head phones button, it goes back to the beginning of the current song.

If you do it twice, totally six squeezes pretty quick, it goes back a song I believe.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
When you type while holding down the shift key, it functions as caps lock.

And how is that different then any other keyboard. I hold down the shift and its acts like a caps lock, i.e., typing in upper case.

ratbatblue

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
If you squeeze the top and bottom of the iPhone tightly between thumb and middle finger, then move the middle finger slightly downward, the iPhone will squirt out of your hand and self-destruct against the nearest solid object. Works in either orientation, and works even better if you have sunscreen on your hands. Works with any model, regardless of firmware version, and could come in handy when trying to justify paying full price for the new model when it comes out.

branjosef

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2007
If you stick it near a baby monitor it will start making sounds over the monitor as it connects to the internet. And the best part about it..It's free. Its not something you have to buy at the app store. The iphone already does this. Way too cool. Especially at night when youre trying to sleep.

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
If you stick it near a baby monitor it will start making sounds over the monitor as it connects to the internet. And the best part about it..It's free. Its not something you have to buy at the app store. The iphone already does this. Way too cool. Especially at night when youre trying to sleep.

Spectacular!

xeno911

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2009
SoCal
- On the iPhone headphones, the little stub thing on the right ear side wire is a microphone. If you pinch it once, it pauses a song / answers a call, and if you double pinch it, it fast forwards songs.

didn't even know about this! Very useful. This just made my 3g more legit than it already is. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.