Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
That's pretty Doctor Q (and interesting). :D

I find it interesting (and embarrassing) that I went for ten months as a registered member/lurker without making a post yet still managed to be up there with the other SPAMKINGS™ (and SPAMQUEENS™). :eek:

I should probably take up a different hobby. Anyone know of a good place to start a stamp collection?

macrumors 68020
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
Wonder how long it will take me to reach that list, my post counts is only around 2.50 a day but I post quite a bit more then that, I think its so low since in summer I went 2+months without posting.

Here is one more post- was it really needed or do I just wanna raise my count *suspicious smiley*

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
and the race is on for top 50.....who will it be the one that takes the spot next week. who will lead the pack, who will be taking that victory lap....who left their ham sandwhich on the chair and i sat on it:eek: :mad:

Bless

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Oh, you're good, Dr. Q! This sort of adds new meaning to "Rainbow Coalition". :)
IMG Originally posted by Doctor Q

Attachments

• postsperday.png
    postsperday.png
    206.5 KB · Views: 102

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
katie ta achoo said:

It also goes by the name of John.

katie ta achoo said:
What's the UNIT of the X-axis? :)
my algebra 2 teacher would've killed ya for leaving off the unit.

I guess it's not really measurable since it's different for each member. It could be the amount of time passed since joining MacRumors, meaning it's a variable X-axis, who shall be named Vincent.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
katie ta achoo said:
What's the UNIT of the X-axis? :)
I know the pretty picture is fun to stare at, but you should have read the text of my post too, katie. I explained both X and Y.

my algebra 2 teacher would've killed ya for leaving off the unit.
My middle school algebra teacher used my test papers to check her work. That wonderful class was the highlight of my middle school experience. Certainly better than the day I goofed up my trumpet solo. :)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
What about the "When is Mr. Anderson going to be #2 calculation" :D

Eyelikeart was the first to 10k, I manage 20k first, and someone else is going to make 30k.....but that might be a while

D

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Mr. Anderson said:
What about the "When is Mr. Anderson going to be #2 calculation"
Attached is a chart that lets you see roughly when various members will pass each other, extrapolating based on the post rates for the last 6 months. Time along the X axis, post count on the Y axis.

Given the (debatable) premise that recent post rates will remain as is, we can make these predictions:

December 9, 2006: mad jew passes wdlove to become #2 with 20,450 posts.

March 5, 2007: mad jew passes Mr. Anderson to become #1 with 23,400 posts.

February 8, 2008: wdlove passes Mr. Anderson to become #2 with 25,249 posts.

February 16, 2008: ~Shard~ passes wdlove to become #2 with 25,343 posts.

The proximity of the last two events is quite amazing!

Attachments

• 3yearpostprojection.png
    3yearpostprojection.png
    111.6 KB · Views: 220

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
There is no way that's gonna happen. :eek:

attachment.php

Just out of interest, how many posts does this graph predict I'll have made by the end of December, 2008? :eek:

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
ARG! 990 posts in 6 months! Versus mad jew's crapload+... At least one of us has a life, or knows when to keep their mouth shut. :p

I think it would be amazing if someone (or a group of people) worked out a way to graph posts over time, using posting times for each individual post. :eek:

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
Ahh... now you're talking about ome of them... lives, they are called, I think... don't you...?

I thought we established quite early in the thread that some of us don't have one of those... :eek:

:p :D

Realizing you have a problem my friend is the first step... :D

bousozoku said:
If it weren't for you people, I wouldn't have to post at all. :p :D

Who's us people? People with a real life? :D
I don't say I have one... I just pretend. :D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Well, the thing about that graph is that I'm not nearly posting that much anymore - so it will probably happen sooner than 2007 - and then the crown of King Spamaloser will go to someone else :D

D

devman

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2004
AU
Diatribe said:
Realizing you have a problem my friend is the first step... :D

haha. that's funny.

Someone should start a MR Anonymous (MRA) or some such "therapy" group. ;) Although the candidates would probably start a new forum here for MRA and exchange thousands of posts about how they're addicted to making thousands of MR posts... :D

(all in jest)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.