Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
dammit, 10 places and only 400 posts, i reckon i can do it for next year, 601 baby yeah.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Hector said:
dammit, 10 places and only 400 posts, i reckon i can do it for next year, 601 baby yeah.
And to think, we might have lost you forever to the Borg.

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated to MR, that is. :D

Here's to the Crazy Ones

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
katie ta achoo said:
*blinks*

what's the X axis?
It is one day, essentially. The Y access is posts.

That way, the slope of the line represents the posting rate in posts/day.

Or, if you look at if as y=mx+b, where m is the slope of the line, and assuming b (the intercept) is 0, then m=y/x. y=posts. x = 1 day. So m (slope) = posts/day.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Hector said:

Not if you throw a public hissy-fit and leave. Again. Like last time.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
jefhatfield said:
do you use a math program to arrive at your numbers?
If you mean like Mathematica, no. Have you seen the price for that package!? I'd have to sell my Mac to get it! Or half my Mac if I qualify for the educational version. Instead, I rely on Excel, AppleWorks, some shell scripts and C programs I wrote, and even Calculator now and then.

mad jew said:
Just out of interest, how many posts does this graph predict I'll have made by the end of December, 2008? :eek:
Based on your overall post rate since you joined, you will have exactly 28,762 posts on January 1, 2009.

Based on your post rate over the last six months (much higher), you will have exactly 58,756 posts on January 1, 2009. On July 18, 2009 you would make your 65,536th post and probably blow up the forum software when somebody clicked on your profile.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Mr. Anderson said:
Well, the thing about that graph is that I'm not nearly posting that much anymore - so it will probably happen sooner than 2007 - and then the crown of King Spamaloser will go to someone else :D

D
You might as well just hand the crown over to mad jew now ;)

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
YES!

I am not on this list, For some reason I figured the amount of posts I do would gather unwanted attention, but it appears that I would have to post much much more to be on this list! ;)

I will keep my current pace, and try to stay out of radar! :eek:

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Doctor Q said:
Based on your overall post rate since you joined, you will have exactly 28,762 posts on January 1, 2009.

Based on your post rate over the last six months (much higher), you will have exactly 58,756 posts on January 1, 2009. On July 18, 2009 you would make your 65,536th post and probably blow up the forum software when somebody clicked on your profile.

Oh my. :eek:

Don't you think it'd be cool if post counts somehow took into account the size of each post (character or word count). It'd certainly rearrange things in your lists Doctor Q. Of course, I realise it's not feasible at the moment, just pondering... :)

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
Blue Velvet said:
Not if you throw a public hissy-fit and leave. Again. Like last time.

what the hell blue, your have been nothing but mean and spitefull, heck i dont aggree with allot of your posts i dont throw a "hissy fit" and make personal snipes, i left for my reasons then i came back with a lower post rate.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Hector said:
i dont through a "hissy fit"...

It's throw. You don't throw hissy fits. :D

Hector, you made a leaving thread which is rarely a good idea. I'm not criticising you or your reasons for leaving but leaving threads rarely get taken very well around here. :)

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I just thought you might like an explanation. :)

If you want that PHD, you'll need to meet SHIFT. It's excellent when used in conjunction with the first letter of each sentence. :)

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
mad jew said:

If you want that PHD, you'll need to meet SHIFT. It's excellent when used in conjunction with the first letter of each sentence. :)

now you see when i give a **** i punctuate perfectly, but until now i was only aware of having to watch out for grammar nazi's on slashdot.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Hector said:
what the hell blue, your have been nothing but mean and spitefull, heck i dont aggree with allot of your posts i dont through a "hissy fit" and make personal snipes, i left for my reasons then i came back with a lower post rate.

Sorry about that. You're just on the receiving end of a rotten mood. I still stand by what I say but once in a while, my diplomacy hat slips to show what I'm really thinking... nobody's perfect, we're all human and we can't always be perfectly charming to those around us, can we? Besides, if you don't agree with a lot of my posts then I should be easy to ignore.

The last I will say on this. Not going to clog up this thread with this any more...

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Hector said:
now you see when i give a **** i punctuate perfectly

Fair enough, I'm just playing with you. Of course, now I have to recommend a thesaurus to help you find words that won't get censored... :p

Hector said:
to watch out for grammar nazi's on slashdot.

I don't think Nazi (there's that SHIFT again) really fits well with my user name...

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Hector said:
now you see when i give a **** i punctuate perfectly, but until now i was only aware of having to watch out for grammar nazi's on slashdot.

don't let it bother you - and lets all just play nice everyone.

so Q, how long will it be until all 50 people in the top 50 have 10k posts?

D

skunk

macrumors G4
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
mad jew said:

Not to be too picky, but you are being over-familiar with your SHIFT: it's PhD, not PHD...
:rolleyes:

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
note on the don't hurt me hissy fit, if you look through our history i have argued with him many many timed and won the same battle again and again and again, the same thing happened again and again, I'd get myself into an unarguable position then he would stop posting.

anyway, whatever.

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
skunk said:
Not to be too picky, but you are being over-familiar with your SHIFT: it's PhD, not PHD...
:rolleyes:
Where high defines Piled, not Deep; just to align with the ebb and flow of the thread. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.