Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
No wonder my post count is way to high... I didn't have a single post in either of the three wastlanded threads mentioned above... :D

Ok, so one of them was from my lurking days, but still...

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
2nyRiggz said:
So when a topic is wasteland then we lose the number of post in that thread and our post count in total goes down as well? ummmm

Yep - it's the same as if you made a duplicate post/spam/off topic post which was subsequently removed by the Mods - the post is gone and your post count goes down as a result. If a thread gets wastelanded, it's effectively the same thing, as it should be. It's just like how posts in the Political/Social/Religious Forums don't contribute to your post count either.

But who here really pays attention and cares about their post count anyway? :eek: :eek: ;) :cool:

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Doctor Q said:
--- Trivia ---

Yvan256, who ranked #50 on the "end of time" chart six months ago, is posting at a slower rate than previously, and would rank #100 on a six-month projection of the Top 100. He must like multiples of 50!

Very strange indeed. :cool:

I'm posting at a slower rate because starting my company is taking up quite a bit of my time.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Mr. Anderson said:
Its all a matter of priorities :D

D

And how adept a person is at multitasking as well. Over the past 4 months I got married, took 1 week off for a honeymoon, another week off, went to Vegas for CES and AVN, bought a house, am in the process of moving into the house, have had a lot mroe acting gigs, have been busier than ever at work on my projects, etc. - and I have been posting more than I have ever been! :cool:

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
~Shard~ said:
And how adept a person is at multitasking as well. Over the past 4 months I got married, took 1 week off for a honeymoon, another week off, went to Vegas for CES and AVN, bought a house, am in the process of moving into the house, have had a lot mroe acting gigs, have been busier than ever at work on my projects, etc. - and I have been posting more than I have ever been! :cool:

no you just want to get past being a 601 is all. ;)

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
Yah. My bad. :eek: I'm somewhat addicted to this site. It will probably calm down a bit once I get my MacBook. :D That and I need to learn to consolidate posts which I’ve been doing the last couple weeks. I’m kinda a posting superfreak.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
PlaceofDis said:
no you just want to get past being a 601 is all. ;)

Do I? Interesting theory - ironically, I believe someone made the exact same comment when I was a 68040, saying I just wanted to become a 601. I guess we'll just have to see then if my posting tapers off once I become a 603 in ~1000 posts from now... :p ;) :cool:

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
~Shard~ said:
Do I? Interesting theory - ironically, I believe someone made the exact same comment when I was a 68040, saying I just wanted to become a 601. I guess we'll just have to see then if my posting tapers off once I become a 603 in ~1000 posts from now... :p ;) :cool:

At my posting rate this will take me forever... :p :D

I am only #111 on MR here. Still spend more time here than I should. ;)

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
~Shard~ said:

okay. maybe you just want to become the top poster on MR then, beating out MR. A! just playing.

its all in good fun right?

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
PlaceofDis said:
okay. maybe you just want to become the top poster on MR then, beating out MR. A! just playing.
It's funny seeing an uppercase R in Mr. Anderson's name. Perhaps I've been mispronouncing it as "mister" all this time, and it's really short for "MacRumors Anderson"! :D

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Diatribe said:
At my posting rate this will take me forever... :p :D

No worries my friend, that's not necessarily a bad thing.... :eek: ;)

PlaceofDis said:

its all in good fun right?
->

Haha - yep, all in good fun! :) I think I would have my work cut out for me to ever become top poster though - there are others here (some of them who are mad) who I simply would not be able to compete with. So no, I'll just continue to be an active member, contribute whenever I can, and whatever will be, will be. ;) :cool:

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Doctor Q said:
It's funny seeing an uppercase R in Mr. Anderson's name. Perhaps I've been mispronouncing it as "mister" all this time, and it's really short for "MacRumors Anderson"! :D

yeah and maybe sometimes i just can't type? :eek: :D

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I'm not teasing you about your typing, PlaceofDis. I expressly avoid complaining about people's capitalization, spelling, grammar, etc.

But I was genuinely startled to find I'd never before noticed the connection between our top poster's name and the site initials.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Nyaaah, nyaaaah. Mad Jew will never catch up to my post count. Never, I tell you. Never!

It's unthinkable! It's mathematically impossible! I absolutely guarantee he won't catch me. Or I'll eat my Q hat!

Attachments

• Top7.png
    Top7.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 71

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Doctor Q said:
Nyaaah, nyaaaah. Mad Jew will never catch up to my post count. Never, I tell you. Never!

It's unthinkable! It's mathematically impossible! I absolutely guarantee he won't catch me. Or I'll eat my Q hat!
Just ban him for a week for spamming and give yourself some breathing room. ;)

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Hmm... That's a worry. If I don't get banned soon then I'll have to impose it myself. Man, some of my posts are really annoying, not to mention offensive, inappropriate and bountiful... :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.