Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GorgonPhone

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2010
I dont understand, some of you guys have serious issues with touch on your phone? am i like the only one with a magical iphone that doesnt have touch issues? pinch to zoom works perfect on my phone, scrolling is buttery smooth, fast and accurate, and touch input does not lag ?

----------

you have to be trolling right now, if you bought a new iphone today the chance is very high that you wont encounter a problem with the phone

just bought the iphone5..

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
Yeah, but don't forget if you wait till January, capital gains goes from 15% to 20%. Hope the stock rises before December 31. I will sell with 15% gains tax.
PS: Obama's goal is capital gains at 40% by the end of his last term. Government will get almost half your cash. It has been at 40% many years ago.

I'm game to sell them, just not this low. Even $650 would suffice. But you're right. Damn it!

neoark

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2010
I am having the same problem on three iphone 5 16gb i have... hardware problem?

hchung

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2008
Just discovered another hardware glitch.
Bought the new 12W charger to fast charge the phone.

It freezes the side swipe, causing presses only opening apps.

As soon as I unplug, swipe returns.

Even when I pass through a rechargeable battery, the charge goes through higher and causes the swipe to freeze.

Earlier before that my phone wouldn't wake. Will test that further.

The box and website does say the 12W charger is compatible with iPhone.

Tim?

Is your charger connected to a grounded outlet?
If not, find one and try again.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Post-Jobs Apple are rushing out stuff that Steve would never have approved of or agreed on and are cashing in through greed and laziness.

Unless you are Steve Jobs you don't know what he would or wouldn't have approved. So drop that line.

As for the state of things, Jobs had his share of things coming out with bugs. It happens with tech no matter how many variations you try to test.

And Jobs would have very possibly approved of the iPad Mini as it is. The screen looks fine for 99% of the target audience and that is who would matter to him.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I can't say I have this problem but another

When my phone is real cold, (its nakid and exposed to 30F degree weather, its hard for the touch screen to register input.. it takes multiple attempts. Texting is useless

Given that it is only spec'd to work at 32 degrees and above, I'm not shocked you have an issue

----------

I stop bitching about a phone once I've made the decision to purchase it. ;) By waiting for the 5S to iron most things out, you'll know what you're getting with fewer surprises.

Not really. These 'flaws' will just be replaced with other ones

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
Where's the downvote button when you need it :rolleyes:
Agreed. No way to tell a bad post it's bad.

----------

And Jobs would have very possibly approved of the iPad Mini as it is. The screen looks fine for 99% of the target audience and that is who would matter to him.

99% was never good enough for Jobs. He was a perfectionist. Sure he did not always get 100%. But he sure aimed for it.

Psychj0e

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2010
I have this problem too. The touch pad keeps misreading my intentions when using the keyboard. At first I thought maybe it was a calibration issue, and the iPhone would learn where I touch when I am aiming for a specific key, but no, it's clearly a fault with the phone.

Guess that'll teach me for being an early adopter.

Kwill

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2003
So what the video demonstrates is that if you rapidly stimulate the longer iPhone it will eventually reach a climax and become unresponsive. How is this unusual?

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I'm not sure if you're capable of having a conversation... It ****s up when I play these games all the time. It doesn't have to be continuous fast swiping. You obviously don't have any of these games.

So they do and the issue doesn't happen for them

But really that is moot. Return periods exist so if YOU are not happy with your purchase, regardless of how someone else feels, you can return it for your money or another product. So go get that 4s and enjoy

theanimaster

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2005
I just played Fruit Ninja on my sister-in-law's iPhone 5 (darn she got hers before me) and I can't get it to "lose traction". I'll try Infinity Blade 2 as soon as it finishes downloading and installing.

BTW, Fruit Ninja is not optimised for iPhone 5. Letterboxed.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
So this is actually a product of touching the edges of the phone while you do this... Try it and keep your finger within the range of the screen... it won't drop at all. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.