Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN
did a whole bunch of research on cases comparing pros and cons (Sector 5, Griffon, Grove, etc.) and finally decided to get the Twig! order #1889:D

Though how fast do these cases start shipping?

You. Are. Awesome. :) Picking Twig Case Co out of the zillion case makers out there. Feels good, man. :)

Shipping times are various, but here's a rough outline subject to change.

Low pre-order numbers ship first. Of the pre-orders, rare case designs (ones that not a lot of people pick) occasionally get a bump, if we have one made, and you're the only one requesting. Plain color cases and plain bamboo (to a lesser extent) occasionally get a bump if we're not filling an engraved case. If you don't have a pre-order, but ordered a popular case you may get a bump if we've filled all our pre-orders. We may choose to allow Lady Chance to bless your order with an early ship date, though this action is currently decided by a 20-sided dice roll and is subject to review by the dungeon master. (1st Edition Case Rules)

Hopefully that answers your question, sorta.

HowEver

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Toronto
And.. my Vines "bamboo" case is here. Yay, $36 US shipping! ..... :/

They're right, it pushed up my (temporary crappy) RocketFish screen protector at the top right, since the case comes over top of the bezel. This does mean that you have no worries about laying the case face down.

I'll try it with my Power Support HD Anti-Glare screen protector (now that I have my Twig Case) but the same issue may arise : (

I'm still looking for the specs of the glass.t.R screen protector too.

This case sure feels like wood!

The tolerances are tiny: it's a really snug fit. The case will stay on! And there's sort of a click when the bottom slides in to meet the top, which is nice. And Richlite? Great choice. FSC certified? Cool.

I'm thinking that my dock connector to Lightning port adapter is no longer going to work though, with the bottom on..

And my sound port protector is hard to get at now, for those rare times I use a wired headset instead of bluetooth.

Overall, though: lovely case. It is exactly as pictured.

Castle87

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
I love love love love my grove case. This was my first time buying it and it's far and away the best case I've ever had for any phone, ever. Not only is it aesthetically pleasing, but it just feels so great in my hand. It's very smooth and not bulky at all. My only concern is that it is too tight on the top portion of the case, I can't take the phone out. Fortunately though, I only need to remove the bottom (when I'm plugging my phone into the car to play music since no case I've ever owned fits the aux cable :mad:) and the bottom slides out real nice.

vong

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2010
I love love love love my grove case. This was my first time buying it and it's far and away the best case I've ever had for any phone, ever. Not only is it aesthetically pleasing, but it just feels so great in my hand. It's very smooth and not bulky at all. My only concern is that it is too tight on the top portion of the case, I can't take the phone out. Fortunately though, I only need to remove the bottom (when I'm plugging my phone into the car to play music since no case I've ever owned fits the aux cable :mad:) and the bottom slides out real nice.

How is the headphone jack? Is it a really tight fit?

terminus123

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2012
You. Are. Awesome. :) Picking Twig Case Co out of the zillion case makers out there. Feels good, man. :)

Low pre-order numbers ship first. Of the pre-orders, rare case designs (ones that not a lot of people pick) occasionally get a bump, if we have one made, and you're the only one requesting. Plain color cases and plain bamboo (to a lesser extent) occasionally get a bump if we're not filling an engraved case. If you don't have a pre-order, but ordered a popular case you may get a bump if we've filled all our pre-orders. We may choose to allow Lady Chance to bless your order with an early ship date, though this action is currently decided by a 20-sided dice roll and is subject to review by the dungeon master. (1st Edition Case Rules)

Haha, I just asked to change my case to the The Gate-Bamboo style.

Does the case ever scratch the iphone 5 when putting it on or off? I heard it's pretty tight (which in turn is great in keeping out those pesky dust and sand!).

Last edited:

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN
Haha, I just asked to change my case to the The Gate-Bamboo style.

Does the case ever scratch the iphone 5 when putting it on or off? I heard it's pretty tight (which in turn is great in keeping out those pesky dust and sand!).

My iPhone has been in every single case that's gone out the door, and had cases put on and taken off thousands of times, easily. The scratches I have are from laying it naked on a table with sandpaper bits. :|

I don't think you'll have a problem :)

Castle87

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
How is the headphone jack? Is it a really tight fit?

Nope, the headphones fit great.

I just hope some day, auxiliary cable manufacturers or cell phone case manufacturers wake up and create a product that allows you to fit the cable in without removing the case. At least this one is split so you only have to remove the bottom and not the entire case.

Kealohilani

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
Nope, the headphones fit great.

I just hope some day, auxiliary cable manufacturers or cell phone case manufacturers wake up and create a product that allows you to fit the cable in without removing the case. At least this one is split so you only have to remove the bottom and not the entire case.

I am using a Twig case and I use an aux cable anytime I am in the car. I have never had to remove the bottom of my case. It just plugs right in, no problem. Perhaps you have a different kind of aux cable but I have used both a cheap $7 cable bought from Walmart as well as a little bit more expensive retractable Belkin bought from Best Buy. I never had an issue with either.

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
Finally ordered my Twig Case. Went with the all black bunker, after many decisions I can't wait. Thanks to this thread and Jon at Twig Case I can't wait to get mine. People at Twig Case are all class.

edit...just asked to switch to the bamboo version. I know I will regret not getting a bamboo one. Such a hard choice they are both great.

Last edited:

Blueman23

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2012
Received my Twig Bamboo One Tree today and I love it! It fits like a glove and feels very natural. The buttons also work great. Thanks Twig!

ATaleOfFiction

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2007
Well, I ended up ordering this case anyway, as this was too painful to start searching for a new case all over again, and I've received it this week.
Conclusion: so far so good. I have been using a bumper with the iPhone 4/4S, so the added bulk of this kind of case is something I need to get used to. The case might be a little 'too nice': if you're getting a case because you're worried about scratching your phone, with this case you might feel like you're now worried about scratching the case.

Haha, I think that's it!

As has been stated: mysterydate and Twig do not advocate a back screen protector. I have a front & back protector from Power Support and the case (on a 4S) fits snug, but pulls off readily enough. I'd already had it on my phone and didn't feel like tearing the thing off, you see. So, having lived with mine for a while now, I can honestly say I love the feel of the case in hand. The Richlite give just enough friction for a solid grip, but slides in and out of my pocket easily.

And I've got to say, everyone's case are looking nice! I know my brother's been looking to order one ever since seeing mine. He was just waiting for the colors to come out - the Robo Big Wheel in white.

AppleBoyFreak: The Bunker looks nice! Are you gonna get the regular colors, or a bamboo one?

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
I'm stuck between the tree, bunker, or a plain one. Opinions?

Whatever you choose I suggest going with the bamboo one. I loved the black bunker but know that after a while would have wanted the bamboo. It just adds such a different contrast.

terminus123

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2012

hmmm....starting to get slightly impatient....my iphone 5 is nakid right now!

my order #1889, does it take more than week to start shipping?

DanielCoffey

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2010
Edinburgh, UK
Well I am #1880 and I have been waiting for a week.

It really does depend on which case you picked. The plain cases are more likely to go out sooner. The less popular patterned cases would perhaps be next and the popular ones being in FIFO order.

I am using a leather sleeve case from an old iPod Touch 3G at the moment. Sure it isn't long enough and it is a very loose fit but it will do fine for the short time till the Twig arrives.

swwang

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2009
got my "It's only mountains" - Bamboo for iPhone 5

Pre-order #1522 received today. The shipment was accepted by USPS on Friday, 11/16 and it arrived today Monday, 11/19 in MA.

The case is awesome, fits perfectly, feels good in the hand, buttons works very well. And the engraving looks exceptional.

Very happy with the purchase and the wait is definitely worth it.

Scott

DanielCoffey

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2010
Edinburgh, UK
TwigCase order #1880 has shipped now but it was for two plain bamboo cases which are in the "you might get these earlier" group of cases.

I am still working on my MahJong Tile wallpapers - I haven't got them to my liking yet. I am not sure if they will really work as a wallpaper because they are largely off-white/cream.

I put some of my antique bone MahJong tiles face down on my scanner and scanned the bejeezus out of them so that I could use the result of a single tile at iPhone5 resolution. The scan worked fine but I don't really know if the bone colour is what I am looking for on my white iPhone.

Once I have the Twig cases I'll post some photos and you can critique the result.

===

Something else that shipped today were my Kerfluffles Marshmallows.

That was an awesome Kickstarter project from a month or so ago. The woman in charge asked Kickstarter for about $2000 for new kitchen equipment and received $104667 in pledges! She now has a member of staff, a new kitchen and a website.. http://kerflufflesmarshmallows.com

Yummy!

tmgarvey

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2012
South Jersey
I just got my Vines case today (white phone, I got the black/white case), and oh, my, is it pretty. I went a little crazy buying cases when I first got my iPhone 5 (first iPhone ever and I was having fits of infatuation), so I have lots of different ones, but I don't know that I'll ever want to take it out of the Twig case. Aside from how great it looks, it just FEELS good in your hand. All in all, using this case is a sensory experience (well, I haven't tasted it yet, but you get the idea). I even like the way the buttons feel and work, and how it fits together. Simply brilliant.

Since I exchanged my 32 gb phone for a 64, I had to remove the Spigen Glas.tr and have not yet installed the replacement--waiting till I have the time to create the proper dust-free environment and really take my time with it--but I did very gently lay the Glas.tr on the iPhone in the Twig case to make sure it would fit. Looks as if it will fit in there perfectly, so long as I take care to install the screen protector with the iPhone already in the case--you get one fraction of a mm off, and you're screwed.

I was sort of skeptical at first about the amount of money Twig was charging for the cases, and even more leery with all the delays, but trust me, it is worth it.

HowEver

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Toronto
Please do report back on whether the Glas.t.R fits!

I also have the Twig Vines case. It's great (on a black 64GB). But I'm having a hard time thinking that it's going to run over most screen protectors. I'm prepared to cut them to size if necessary--just want to know if it's necessary.

Thanks!

I just got my Vines case today (white phone, I got the black/white case), and oh, my, is it pretty. I went a little crazy buying cases when I first got my iPhone 5 (first iPhone ever and I was having fits of infatuation), so I have lots of different ones, but I don't know that I'll ever want to take it out of the Twig case. Aside from how great it looks, it just FEELS good in your hand. All in all, using this case is a sensory experience (well, I haven't tasted it yet, but you get the idea). I even like the way the buttons feel and work, and how it fits together. Simply brilliant.

Since I exchanged my 32 gb phone for a 64, I had to remove the Spigen Glas.tr and have not yet installed the replacement--waiting till I have the time to create the proper dust-free environment and really take my time with it--but I did very gently lay the Glas.tr on the iPhone in the Twig case to make sure it would fit. Looks as if it will fit in there perfectly, so long as I take care to install the screen protector with the iPhone already in the case--you get one fraction of a mm off, and you're screwed.

I was sort of skeptical at first about the amount of money Twig was charging for the cases, and even more leery with all the delays, but trust me, it is worth it.

tmgarvey

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2012
South Jersey
Well, I can tell you that I have on my phone right now, as a temporary measure, the screen protector that ships with the Switcheasy Tones case, and the Twig Case has not disturbed it one iota. As I said, I managed to lay the Glas.tr (with the protective plastic cover sheets intact) directly on the iPhone while it was in the Twig Case. Since the Twig slides along the edges, if the Glas.tr fits inside, it should be no problem.

I gotta share my pics of my pretty new case:

Attachments

• Twig Case 1.jpg
    Twig Case 1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 108
  • Twig Case 2.jpg
    Twig Case 2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 100

HowEver

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Toronto
Thank you very much for that.

I'm using a temporary screen protector, so perhaps I have nothing to worry about. Might be the better ones will fit better, in any case, so to speak, but especially the Twig.

Great photos btw. Looks great in over white. A completely different look from mine over black.

Well, I can tell you that I have on my phone right now, as a temporary measure, the screen protector that ships with the Switcheasy Tones case, and the Twig Case has not disturbed it one iota. As I said, I managed to lay the Glas.tr (with the protective plastic cover sheets intact) directly on the iPhone while it was in the Twig Case. Since the Twig slides along the edges, if the Glas.tr fits inside, it should be no problem.

I gotta share my pics of my pretty new case:

tmgarvey

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2012
South Jersey
Great photos btw. Looks great in over white. A completely different look from mine over black.
I think one reason why I like this case so much from a visual standpoint is that the black sides and the black and white pattern on the back sort of balance out the contrast between the screen and the white front of the phone.

No doubt about it, it's hard to beat the naked phone for sheer elegance, but given that most of us want to protect it somehow, this is about as good as it gets, as far as I'm concerned.

McRosco

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2012
Got my Bamboo Bunker yesterday and it is lovely. Very pleased, and shipping to Scotland was quick too.

One thing is bugging me though - only the lightning - usb cable fits, not even the 30 pin - lightning (with wire) connector fits. Damn connectors with their nonstandard sizes...micro usb adapter doesn't fit either.

Any chance that a bit of sanding would do the trick without wrecking the case?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.