Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
Hope they give both the same specs for those who Dont want a 5+" phone

Great point! That I think they will do, I was quite pleased with how the iPad Air and iPad Mini with Retina are almost identical with two different screens!

bigchrisfgb

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2010
If the 5+ inch screen is to be the flagship then I hope the internal specs are the same for the 4.5+ inch screen. I want the larger screen (on iOS) but I don't want 5+ big, and I don't want to downgrade in spec because I don't what a phablet.

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
Waiting for you to grow up and tone down…

OMG, no way, another complainer... like 99% of the users here who pretend they're "grown up". OMG no way.

----------

You do realize that the 5c sold better than virtually every Android phone to ever exist, right? No, of course not, you're only comparing its sales to another iPhone.

Well, thats because imo, Android is fragmented, sloppy, etc. I never compared it to Android in my post now did I? No. Learn to read.

PollyK

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2013
Should be fun to hear what the loyalist will have to say once they buy their iPhablet if the rumors turn out to be true. And all those that insisted on one handed operation, what will they do? Lastly, I'll be waiting to hear the loyalists thank Samsung for making the bigger screens such a big success and showing the market demands choice. I personally hope it's true as there is nothing wrong with Apple copying what it's biggest competitor is doing.

SirLance99

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2011
Since the iPhone 5c is a new thing for them I can't see them ditching it that quickly. That would almost be like admitting to a misstep. I just can't see apple doing that.

You can't see Apple making a misstep and admitting that they made a mistake?

Maps?

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
Of course Apple never got rid of a model a year (sometimes less than a year) later. Never has Apple done anything like that.

Their budget experience didn't go too well because people realized that they are better off with an iPhone 5, so I wouldn't be suprised if they change course again and keep the 5s.

I don't think the 5c is going away. I think they are just saying that the C model is not gonna continue on in the next generation. Basically no 6c.

auero

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2006
You do realize that the 5c sold better than virtually every Android phone to ever exist, right? No, of course not, you're only comparing its sales to another iPhone.

May I ask where you saw detailed iPhone sales reports to judge the success of the 5c? Apple only released the total amount of iPhones sold as a whole. I think you're making an assumption that the 5c sold "virtually" better than any Android phone.

zhatka

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2014
The iPhone 5S is 5.4" diagonal (the whole phone, not just screen). So it all depends on how they do it. 4.8" could actually be pretty close to overall form factor of 5S.

giggles

macrumors 65816
Dec 15, 2012
In countries where people tend to pay phones full price (not subsidized), shaving 100€-150€ off the 5C current price will make it super popular as an entry level iphone, especially for young folks and teens. Maybe that's the future of the 5C project, planned all along. Actually 3GS, 4 and 4S already played this role in their late life, only difference is apple this time came up with a colorful case for old iphone 5 guts.

osx11

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2011
More than 5 inches?

With the traditional home button, which I assume will remain due to TouchID, this phone will be HUGE.

Can't really imagine an iPhone that big. I mean if it was all screen then it would be ok, but with the traditional top and bottom bezel, it seems like this thing will be huge.

11thIndian

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
When you think about the fact that every other major product with a screen that Apple sells comes in 2 sizes (2 iPads, 2 MacBookAirs, 2 MacBookPros, 2 iMacs), it's not really surprising that Apple would eventually offer 2 screen sizes for the iPhone.

That said, I will be surprised if one of the two of them isn't the current size. If you're going to make 2 sizes, there needs to be a measurable difference to make it worthwhile. The current 4" screen alongside a 4.8-5+" screen offers two very distinct options for people who clearly want two different experiences.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
May I ask where you saw detailed iPhone sales reports to judge the success of the 5c? Apple only released the total amount of iPhones sold as a whole. I think you're making an assumption that the 5c sold "virtually" better than any Android phone.

agreed
http://www.cnbc.com/id/101200875

this shows Samsung destroyed Apple in Q3 last year, I know samasung has many models but you would think with these numbers atlest one of them out sold the the 5C

Iconoclysm

macrumors 68040
May 13, 2010
Washington, DC
OMG, no way, another complainer... like 99% of the users here who pretend they're "grown up". OMG no way.

----------

Well, thats because imo, Android is fragmented, sloppy, etc. I never compared it to Android in my post now did I? No. Learn to read.

Learn to read? How about you learn what a failure is?

erzhik

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2010
Never been a big fan of the iPhone, but if they really do release a 5" model, I will buy it.

SirLance99

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2011
Why don't you make a better product than Apple, then?

Anything over 4" is too big.

You post is sooooo bad. It doesn't have enough jQuery in it.

Wrong. Anything over 4" is not too big. In fact, there is no perfect size as people want different things. So why can't Apple create different screen sizes?

JS3

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2010
I am really hoping this is true. I need a bigger screen. Id be good with note 3 size.

Iconoclysm

macrumors 68040
May 13, 2010
Washington, DC

If 5s is outselling the 5c 3:1, it's still outpacing every Android phone on the market. Doesn't take much of a stretch to see how obvious this is.

MacAndMic

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2009
Cracks me up. Forum history shows many people saying they would never want a larger screen. When it comes out, they will be the same people saying that it is the best thing since sliced bread and :apple: rocks for creating the idea.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.