Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thefourthpope

Contributor
Sep 8, 2007
DelMarVa
I always feel like these rumors are describing the iPad mini...
On a more serious note, I hope they don't tie too many "flagship" specs to screen size. I'm pretty happy with the current screen size. I could see a slight bump but I'm leery of a full 1.5" or maybe even more???

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
If 5s is outselling the 5c 3:1, it's still outpacing every Android phone on the market. Doesn't take much of a stretch to see how obvious this is.

again you guess your facts, Samsung owned Apple for sales in 2013 even though they have more models, you cant just say the 5C sold more than any of the Samsung phones

Madhawk

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2007
Can't wait to make the jump from the iPhone 4 to the iPhone 6.

Time for a great upgraded.

Iconoclysm

macrumors 68040
May 13, 2010
Washington, DC
again you guess your facts, Samsung owned Apple for sales in 2013 even though they have more models, you cant just say the 5C sold more than any of the Samsung phones

Really? "owned"? Is this a video game? Last I checked, not all Samsung phones are flagship phones and their flagships are selling less than Apple's. Apple isn't fighting for the long tail, Samsung is.

Yes, you can just say that one model of phone sold more than any other. For the 5c to be a failure and at the same time sell more than anything else out there is absolutely ludicrous.

Patriks7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2008
Vienna
I don't see any way they stop selling the current 4" size. They have been pushing one handed use for so long, it just would make no sense. What I see them doing is keeping the 4" and releasing a bigger one that's between 4.5" and 5".

SirLance99

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2011
Are we going back to the old days of the cellphone where the phone was the size of a brick? Fortunately, since then cellphones became smaller and smaller until they fit into the palm of you hand and were easy to carry in your shirt or pants pocket.

Now is the trend to revert back to the brick? I can understand that people want larger screens for games or videos but come on! This is a cellphone/smartphone!

Apple could appease this "bigger is better" trend by just adding the Phone app to the Ipad Mini or if really want to "go REAL big" to the IPad Air? Then you wouldn't have any size envy. Repackage and rename?

:):):)

Back when cellphones only made calls and simple text, yes you are correct that it was great for them to get very small. Now that you can do anything on a smartphone, the larger screen is more enjoyable to get those things complete.

I run my life out of my phone as I have not needed a laptop for anything in the past year. I don't even own one anymore. There is nothing I can't do or complete through my phone.

Iconoclysm

macrumors 68040
May 13, 2010
Washington, DC
Even the most amazing product, priced too high, will flop.
Not saying that the 5c is a flop, but it is certainly priced too high.

Since the difference between the 5c and 5 is that the 5c has a couple better sensors but is plastic instead of aluminum, when considering the price of the components you'd have to assume the 5 is also priced too high? But since they would cost the same right now, that doesn't make any sense.

newrocket

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2011
I just hope that they keep the 4" screen size as well!!!!!! Idk why everyone wants this big ass phones :confused: i just want the 4" iphone with all the new features. I dont want to see that only the big one has certain features and that the 4" is left out!! :(

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
I just hope that they keep the 4" screen size as well!!!!!! Idk why everyone wants this big ass phones :confused: i just want the 4" iphone with all the new features. I dont want to see that only the big one has certain features and that the 4" is left out!! :(

people dealt with going from 3.5" to 4", not sure going from 4" to 4.5" wont be hard to get use to

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
I jumped to the Galaxy S4 for the bigger screen. The removable battery was great! (because I needed it to get through the day!!). Glad to come back to the 5S because of the good battery life, plus the Apple System. I will crawl over broken glass to get a 4.8 inch IP 6. That is just about the perfect size for a phone.

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Nov 4, 2008
It's a shame that the enormous bezel at both ends of th eiPhone will make their 5" bigger than the competitions 5".

bpcookson

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2012
MA
I was looking forward to getting next year's version of the 5C and crossing my fingers for an orange version. I really dig the look and feel of it.

While I'm not a huge fan of the 5C's color palette, I'd rank iPhones in the following descending order regarding Look and Feel:

5C
3GS
4/4S
5S

The 3GS and the 4/4S are really close... but the 4 loses points for feeling too fragile with all that glass.

My problem with the 5S? Touch ID is a great concept but the flat button feels wrong and I really miss the rounded rectangle. And yes, this is a big deal for me.

SirLance99

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2011
I couldn't agree more. I do NOT want a bigger phone!!!!! I mock people with huge phones! If they want to turn the 5C into a phablet, be my guest, but leave the flagship where it it. I know there are 10 million 20 something geeks that are dying for a giant iPhone, but they are not the majority of Apple buyers!

Why would you mock people for making a personal choice that doesn't affect you at all?

Do you have facts to back up the claim that the majority of Apple buyers do not want bigger phones?

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
I would like a larger display

I would like a larger display IF

1) I could still hold the phone in one hand
2) Better Battery life
3) Able to read web pages, comics, emails, books comfortably
4) Not much more expensive than existing phone

and if it meets these and replaces the 'desire' for an iPad, great. I'm all for simplfying and sticking with one iDevice. My wish-washiness with iPads considered, it would be great to stick with one device.

I've changed my mind because while I love the iPhone, I would like a larger screen.

osofast240sx

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2011
i really hope that if there are 2 different sizes then the specs are the same. I wouldn't mind a 4.7/4.8" screen but anything bigger I'm not going to want. How am i meant to put it in my pocket?
if you follow anything apple has done, you know that's not going to happen.

MrX8503

macrumors 68020
Sep 19, 2010
Should be fun to hear what the loyalist will have to say once they buy their iPhablet if the rumors turn out to be true. And all those that insisted on one handed operation, what will they do? Lastly, I'll be waiting to hear the loyalists thank Samsung for making the bigger screens such a big success and showing the market demands choice. I personally hope it's true as there is nothing wrong with Apple copying what it's biggest competitor is doing.

Should be fun to hear what the loyalists will have to say once their Android phones starts running on 64-bit chips with fingerprint scanners.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.