Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which 15 Pro are you getting?

• Total voters

MrJM

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2012
I've gone through 4 screen protectors and none stick to the edges, I'm going insane.

Is ESR worth it?

I don’t think any of them go to the edges. I’ve heard the Torras ones are good but they are £27 for two!

Matthew.H

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2015
Norwich, UK
I don’t think any of them go to the edges. I’ve heard the Torras ones are good but they are £27 for two!

Torras are good.
I installed a Torras protector on the first 15 Pro I bought. It goes closer to the edge but the very edge of the protector didn't stick down properly on the left side. I returned the first phone due to defects. Second 15 Pro I bought I just paid Apple to put a Belkin UltraGlass protector which has been fine.

Reactions: MacMandy and MrJM

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I've gone through 4 screen protectors and none stick to the edges, I'm going insane.

Is ESR worth it?
Torras GlassGo is probably the best one. ESR are a very good brand and I had an ESR glass screen protector on my 14 Pro Max. I bought it for my 15 Pro Max but due to their black borders and 15’s curved edges it didn’t go all the way to the edge allowing dust and lint to gather around the edges. It also hid some of the display around the edges.

The Torras fits closer to the edge, doesn’t allow dust and lint to gather and doesn’t hide any of the display. It’s more expensive but it’s worth it. I don’t put my screen protectors on myself and go to a kiosk in the shopping centre as they always do an excellent job and don’t charge much. My Torras screen protector is on perfectly. 😃👍

TORRAS [1:1 Full Screen] for iPhone 15 Pro Max Screen Protector [TOP 9H+ Military 8FT Certified] [No Dust No Bubbles] Longest Durable Glass iPhone 15 Pro Max Protective Glass Tempered - GlassGo Series https://amzn.eu/d/eMQTuSo

Reactions: kkh786

pdauser92

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2011
London, UK
Torras GlassGo is probably the best one. ESR are a very good brand and I had an ESR glass screen protector on my 14 Pro Max. I bought it for my 15 Pro Max but due to their black borders and 15’s curved edges it didn’t go all the way to the edge allowing dust and lint to gather around the edges. It also hid some of the display around the edges.

The Torras fits closer to the edge, doesn’t allow dust and lint to gather and doesn’t hide any of the display. It’s more expensive but it’s worth it. I don’t put my screen protectors on myself and go to a kiosk in the shopping centre as they always do an excellent job and don’t charge much. My Torras screen protector is on perfectly. 😃👍

TORRAS [1:1 Full Screen] for iPhone 15 Pro Max Screen Protector [TOP 9H+ Military 8FT Certified] [No Dust No Bubbles] Longest Durable Glass iPhone 15 Pro Max Protective Glass Tempered - GlassGo Series https://amzn.eu/d/eMQTuSo
I bought one from Amazon on a Prime Day deal for £18.79 so it may be worth hanging on for Black Friday to see what deals are on offer.

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
Can anybody recommend the best insurance in terms of ease of making a claim/repair for the 15 Pro Max? The phone is too expensive not to insure and I travel a lot by public transport (I live in London) so my phone could easily get stolen...

Is Apple Care Plus Theft and Loss the best way to go or should I go with my bank (I bank with Nationwide)?

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
Can anybody recommend the best insurance in terms of ease of making a claim/repair for the 15 Pro Max? The phone is too expensive not to insure and I travel a lot by public transport (I live in London) so my phone could easily get stolen...

Is Apple Care Plus Theft and Loss the best way to go or should I go with my bank (I bank with Nationwide)?
Apple Care by far is the best/easiest

polyphenol

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2020
Wales
At bloomin' last!

My payment for my 15PM White 256 has gone through.

Not without waking up to alerts/emails from Apple and bank showing payment had been rejected. And phoning both bank and Apple to get issue resolved.

Seeing as Apple had payment details from 20th September it seems crazy they couldn't put the payment through before what appears to be shipping day. (That's an assumption, though.) Rejections at about 2 and 6 this morning don't appear the optimum approach.

Adding proof!

1699433404571.png

Editing to add (11/11/2023):

Actually arrived on 9 Nov. I had hoped that the date might have been pessimistic and it would arrive early. But it didn't. And at least it did arrive on the first day of the delivery window.

Last edited:

super chimp

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2008
UK
I pre-ordered a white titanium 256GB PM but it’s not due for delivery until 28/12, so in the meantime if natural titanium comes in stock at the same capacity I can always cancel it.

Reactions: polyphenol

polyphenol

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2020
Wales
At last, it is in my grubby paws! A genuine white 15PM 256. Arrived on the first date predicted back on 20th September.

Updating to 17.1.1 as it transfers from old phone and sets itself up.

Amazingly, it already feels hardly any bigger than my 12 Pro. That is, within a few minutes it is feeling like a new "normal".

The colour is nicer than it had appeared in a couple of shops - where it was affected by the lighting/displays/etc.

swfcdm1

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2016
Sheffield
Anyone with a MacBook Pro experienced the bottom making a clicking noise? Sounds like the bottom cover hitting the internals only happens when picked up on one side

super chimp

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2008
UK
I notice black titanium PM has appeared on Amazon now.

I wonder how accurate the delivery estimates given are, if my pre-order is really not going to deliver until 28/12z

Jadesharp1992

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2020
Twickenham UK
So, I absolutely love the size of the 15 pro, but the battery life just isn't cutting it for me. I saw a friends 15 pro max up in Doncaster a few days ago and it is a lot lighter, so I have a 256GB blue 15pm arriving on Sunday from amazon. Another friend of mine was looking for a white 256GB 15 pro so is going to have mine off me. You really can'tbeat the battery life of the pro max phones!

Reactions: Mr.C and kkh786

MrJM

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2012
So, I absolutely love the size of the 15 pro, but the battery life just isn't cutting it for me. I saw a friends 15 pro max up in Doncaster a few days ago and it is a lot lighter, so I have a 256GB blue 15pm arriving on Sunday from amazon. Another friend of mine was looking for a white 256GB 15 pro so is going to have mine off me. You really can'tbeat the battery life of the pro max phones!

I had a 14 pro and the battery was rubbish. Gone for a 15 pro max and I can’t believe the difference! Doesn’t feel that much bigger either.

Reactions: Mr.C

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I agree. I’ve had the larger size phones every year since the introduction of the 6 Plus. The size can be a bit difficult to deal with although the 15 Pro Max is slightly narrower and lighter. The longer battery life and the larger display is definitely worth it for me not to mention the new 5X zoom which the Pro doesn’t have. I’m happy with my 15 Pro Max. 😃👍

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
Same
Sold my 15 Pro and got the Pro Max in Blue
The battery life of the Pro was so bad

kkh786

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2013
United Kingdom
I have upgraded my wife to my Black 15 Pro (got it day after launch day) when I got the Blue 15 Pro Max (Amazon UK) last week.

Have to admit it’s taking a longer time than I imagined to get used to the larger size.

jhay

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2014
Welp.. can anybody guide me on what to do?

I got a new 15PM and sent off my 14PM to musimagpie with the save to basket trick offer of £720 but my offer got revised down to £544 apparently due to ‘light cosmetic wear’ so I declined and when I got my iPhone back, it has a scratch on bottom of the screen! There was no scratches when I sent it off so I was confident I will get the original offer of £720 but now suddenly got scratched on screen! 😭

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.