Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which 15 Pro are you getting?

• Total voters

Jadesharp1992

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2020
Twickenham UK
So, got my 15pm set up and am absolutely loving it! It's definitely lighter than the 14pm which is great! Battery life is really good as well, tons better than the 15 pro that i'm selling! EE esim transfer was seemless as well, so i'm very happy!

CamiMR

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Welp.. can anybody guide me on what to do?

I got a new 15PM and sent off my 14PM to musimagpie with the save to basket trick offer of £720 but my offer got revised down to £544 apparently due to ‘light cosmetic wear’ so I declined and when I got my iPhone back, it has a scratch on bottom of the screen! There was no scratches when I sent it off so I was confident I will get the original offer of £720 but now suddenly got scratched on screen!

Same thing happened to mine… pristine going there, multiple scratches on the screen when returned! Never using them again

jhay

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2014
I wish I used their kiosk instead.. anyway i managed to get a good offer in UR than what MM’s revised offer. I made a formal complaint about it at MM but god knows whats gonna happen. :rolleyes:

iGeek2019

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2019
No Selection
I wish I used their kiosk instead.. anyway i managed to get a good offer in UR than what MM’s revised offer. I made a formal complaint about it at MM but god knows whats gonna happen. :rolleyes:

Hopefully they'll do the right thing... I've found this in their Terms and Conditions:

17.8 In calculating the value of any claim we shall accept no other valuations than our original value for the Items that you may be claiming for and under no circumstances do we accept any liability for any other loss, damage or compensation resulting from our return of your Item.

Did you take any pictures of your phone before sending it off?

Although I do note they are only offering Royal Mail as an option for my iPhone if I were to trade it in but nothing for their Kiosk at the moment.

Reactions: jhay and Lyn2012

CamiMR

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012

You’ll receive a reply along these lines…

“I’m sorry to learn that your experience was not positive.

Looking into your order, I can see that our technical assessment team has found light cosmetic wear upon assessment. If you are unsure as to what the revision reason means, you can find out more about this by following the link - https://www.musicmagpie.co.uk/tech-regrade

We can assure you that handle all items with the utmost care. We have senior members of management observing at all times, and they must approve all revisions provided. We have strict internal procedures and policies which must be adhered to if an item suffers any damage in our possession, including paying in full automatically.

I can confirm that there are no signs of any tampering or damage within transit when the item arrived with us. Due to this, the faulty price is the maximum amount we can offer on this occasion. We understand this is not the response you had hoped for and we are terribly sorry for the disappointment this has caused. We must assure you that we try our best to match all originally quoted prices but it was not possible at this time.

I can see that you have declined our revised offer and the device was returned to you on 04/10/2023, free of charge.

As a valued customer, we’re sorry that it hasn’t worked out on this occasion, and trust that we are able to meet your expectations with your next order.

Kind regards
Ziggy
musicMagpie"

jhay

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2014
Hopefully they'll do the right thing... I've found this in their Terms and Conditions:

17.8 In calculating the value of any claim we shall accept no other valuations than our original value for the Items that you may be claiming for and under no circumstances do we accept any liability for any other loss, damage or compensation resulting from our return of your Item.

Did you take any pictures of your phone before sending it off?

Although I do note they are only offering Royal Mail as an option for my iPhone if I were to trade it in but nothing for their Kiosk at the moment.
No I didn’t take photo before sending as that was my only phone at time of posting it. :(

jhay

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2014
You’ll receive a reply along these lines…

“I’m sorry to learn that your experience was not positive.

Looking into your order, I can see that our technical assessment team has found light cosmetic wear upon assessment. If you are unsure as to what the revision reason means, you can find out more about this by following the link - https://www.musicmagpie.co.uk/tech-regrade

We can assure you that handle all items with the utmost care. We have senior members of management observing at all times, and they must approve all revisions provided. We have strict internal procedures and policies which must be adhered to if an item suffers any damage in our possession, including paying in full automatically.

I can confirm that there are no signs of any tampering or damage within transit when the item arrived with us. Due to this, the faulty price is the maximum amount we can offer on this occasion. We understand this is not the response you had hoped for and we are terribly sorry for the disappointment this has caused. We must assure you that we try our best to match all originally quoted prices but it was not possible at this time.

I can see that you have declined our revised offer and the device was returned to you on 04/10/2023, free of charge.

As a valued customer, we’re sorry that it hasn’t worked out on this occasion, and trust that we are able to meet your expectations with your next order.

Kind regards
Ziggy
musicMagpie"
That is exactly what I received… and asking for a photo before I posted it which I didn’t do. :(

CamiMR

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
That is exactly what I received… and asking for a photo before I posted it which I didn’t do. :(

They didn’t ask me for a photo, which I did have, but personally I don’t think it would have made a difference…
Won’t be using them again

Reactions: jhay

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
How do you guys find the speakers on your 15 Pro Max? I find them not too loud when playing songs aloud on Apple Music or Audiobooks on Audible so I am wondering if I have a faulty handset therefore I should return it or am I being paranoid?

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
How do you guys find the speakers on your 15 Pro Max? I find them not too loud when playing songs aloud on Apple Music or Audiobooks on Audible so I am wondering if I have a faulty handset therefore I should return it or am I being paranoid?
I think that’s quite a subjective thing but for me the speakers are much better on my 15 Pro Max than my previous iPhones including the 14 Pro Max. They’re pretty loud at maximum volume especially for phone speakers. Even one of my colleagues at work who’s into music production as a hobby commented on how great the speakers are.

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
I think that’s quite a subjective thing but for me the speakers are much better on my 15 Pro Max than my previous iPhones including the 14 Pro Max. They’re pretty loud at maximum volume especially for phone speakers. Even one of my colleagues at work who’s into music production as a hobby commented on how great the speakers are.
Oh I find them good when music is playing but not too loud. I am just wondering if I am being paranoid and my speakers are actually fine instead of me thinking they are faulty...

Reactions: Mr.C

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
If you believe your iPhone is faulty, it should be instantly replaced if its less than 30 days old right? The retailer should not ask for the phone to be sent back so they can do tests on it?

iGeek2019

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2019
No Selection
Do you have ‘Sound Check’ enabled in your Settings by any chance either?

I found Atmos/Spatial tracks for Apple Music were lower in volume than ‘bog standard’ songs and found a solution online to enable that.

Turned that on and it was better to my ears.

super chimp

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2008
UK
I received my iPhone 15 pro max yesterday and was wondering if sending it back would be affected if I broke the seals on the Apple box to check its size and weight. Please keep in mind I’ve never had to think about returning an iPhone before so I don’t know if this would impact my ability to return it to Amazon. Thank you.

mjcharlton71

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2011
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I received my iPhone 15 pro max yesterday and was wondering if sending it back would be affected if I broke the seals on the Apple box to check its size and weight. Please keep in mind I’ve never had to think about returning an iPhone before so I don’t know if this would impact my ability to return it to Amazon. Thank you.
I sent back an iPhone 13 mini to Amazon UK after 27 days trying to get along with it... you _should_ be fine sending it back!

Reactions: super chimp

madzo2010

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
Belfast
Bit bullet to upgrade my 12PM to a 15PM in Black Titanium. Early Christmas present to myself.

Synceron saying it'll be delivered tomorrow but DHL saying it will be Wednesday (I'm in NI) not sure what to one to believe.

Reactions: iGeek2019

GigabitEthernet

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2013
United Kingdom
MusicMagpie prices even now are much worse than they were for the 14? Only being offered £570 odd which I've saved but I got £750 for my 14 Pro last year. Does anyone else allow saving deals in the way MusicMagpie does?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.