Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What do you think of the iPhone 6 leaks?

• Total voters

AngerDanger

Graphics
Original poster
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
June 29th, 03:55 PM: Feel free to view the results so far.
June 18th, 12:36 PM: Feel free to view the results so far.
June 14th, 02:08 PM: Feel free to view the results so far.
June 11th, 01:05 PM: Feel free to view the results so far.

With the launch of the next iPhone approaching, there have been a few articles revealing "leaked" parts which feature a solid metal back with curved edges and noticeable separators (presumably for the antennas).

As with most leaked parts, these have received immediate criticism. But for every disparaging post somebody makes, there could be a multitude of people who are actually okay with the design. I'm creating this poll to see if the dislike is from a vocal minority or if it reflects a general consensus.

Last edited:

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I really like it - I wasn't that enamoured by the 4 or 5's design at first - grew to like them after using then for a while - but this one I really like.

Clean, simple and the curved edges look really great. Sure, the antenna breaks aren't ideal, but even Apple can't change physics and they look a darn sight better than on all of those horrible mockups.

The iPhone is maturing - it's not going to be radically different every two years like perhaps it was from the 2G, to the 3G/S and 4. But I'm fine with that as the iPhone 5/s is the best designed phone on the market right now bar none.

Roll on September :)

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Everything is fine except the antenna. Take a look at the first picture... Its a wonderful piece of art not just an antenna. Then you look at the second picture. And its just that ugly thing that ruined my life. Apple please don't let that thing ruin millions of peoples lives. Make it art!

Attachments

• Capturets.JPG
    Capturets.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 286
  • Capturetss.JPG
    Capturetss.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 3,455

HelloMikee

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
San Diego
Everything is fine except the antenna. Take a look at the first picture... Its a wonderful piece of art not just an antenna. Then you look at the second picture. And its just that ugly thing that ruined my life. Apple please don't let that thing ruin millions of peoples lives. Make it art!

Agreed. That thick stroke is hideous. Very un-Apple like.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
I'm actually starting to warm to it, much to my surprise. And I don't mind a slightly more radical change to a phone that has looked pretty much the same since 2010.

But come on already with the 5.5" version leaks!! :cool:

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
I prefer the antenna lines on the 6 because it retains the all aluminum feel. Gone are the two tone back with aluminum and glass. So I approve :)

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
I prefer the antenna lines on the 6 because it retains the all aluminum feel. Gone are the two tone back with aluminum and glass. So I approve :)

woodynorman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2011

Peoples lives ruined by a phone design?? Get over it man.

localboy28

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
People crying over what the back looks like
I bet they stick in in a case as soon as possible anyway.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
People crying over what the back looks like
I bet they stick in in a case as soon as possible anyway.

Well... I use a case during the day but when I'm at home I take it off. The point is that it should be a work of art like all iPhones before it.

----------

Tell me about it.
Some people will let small things like that bother them and "ruin their lives".
Nuts...

Its not a small thing it is a very big thing... This is the iPhone 6 were talking about here not just some random phone

ross1998

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2013
I'm not a big fan of the rounded corners, I like the 5/5s corners much more but I'll live with it...

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY

To be fair everyone said the iPhone 5 with the halved glass look horrible, and don't forget how everyone said the bands in the iPhone 4 are ugly.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Well... I use a case during the day but when I'm at home I take it off. The point is that it should be a work of art like all iPhones before it.

----------

Its not a small thing it is a very big thing... This is the iPhone 6 were talking about here not just some random phone

I know, poor you.
It is the end of the world.
But I have faith in you, you will make it in the end...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.