Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What do you think of the iPhone 6 leaks?

• Total voters

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
I like it... it will only grow on us the more time we see and feel it. :)

btw: ur free to create a thread anyway you want.

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2010
I think those white bands all around the phone will actually be a darker chrome/liquid metal. It would make a huge difference and be much more appealing.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
The design as we see it in the leaks is no barn burner. Hopefully these are just Mockups and not the actual device.
While functionality counts the cosmetics of the IPhone mean a lot also as people use this constantly and want something appealing to the eye

kaimaikid

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2014
Looking at the photos the original poster posted had me thinking...

Imagine a nice slim girl wearing a pair of tight blue jeans out on the town with her girlfriends having a great night - she slips the new phone into her back pocket, forgets its there and sits down.....

CRACK !!!!​

To me Apple have sold their soul by producing another android look-a-like :eek:

Please Apple keep the metal trim, backplate and most of all styling - plastic phones look horrible....

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
Am I the only one that thinks virtually every smartphone has looked the same since 2008 or so?

There are very few radical standout designs floating around. When the iPhone 4 originally came out it seemed pretty radical at the time, and maybe that HTC with the huge speakers on the front or the Lumia 1020 with its massive, amazing camera. But aside from the occasional standout, they basically all look the same to me.

For me, it's about the specs and the software it's running, not the chassis. But to each their own.

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
Am I the only one that thinks virtually every smartphone has looked the same since 2008 or so?

There are very few radical standout designs floating around. When the iPhone 4 originally came out it seemed pretty radical at the time, and maybe that HTC with the huge speakers on the front or the Lumia 1020 with its massive, amazing camera. But aside from the occasional standout, they basically all look the same to me.

For me, it's about the specs and the software it's running, not the chassis. But to each their own.

rectangular touchscreen devices with only software and features to differentiate.

born2runak

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2012
I'm actually really curious as to what everyones opinions are on the 2 different sizes rumors. I think 2 different sizes is a good idea. I have to say I feel like my iPhone 5 is a bit small and would like something bigger. However how big is too big? I always preorder my new phone. So how do you preorder choosing between 2 sizes not knowing which one you will like? All we would really have to go on is the presentation for the new phones. And what if the rumor mill is true and the larger 5+ inch phone gets released months later? Im really curious how apple will handle a release of 2 sizes and how they will market it.

jkim3691

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Looking at the photos the original poster posted had me thinking...

Imagine a nice slim girl wearing a pair of tight blue jeans out on the town with her girlfriends having a great night - she slips the new phone into her back pocket, forgets its there and sits down.....

CRACK !!!!​

To me Apple have sold their soul by producing another android look-a-like :eek:

Please Apple keep the metal trim, backplate and most of all styling - plastic phones look horrible....

The mock ups don't have plastic...wth are you talking about.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
Feel free to point out any threads specifically about the iPhone 6 leaks, which precede this one. Bonus points if they include polls. :rolleyes:

Chill brah, I believe post #70 was the op of a copycat thread that got merged with this one - that's the thread he was commenting on :)

AngerDanger

Graphics
Original poster
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Chill brah, I believe post #70 was the op of a copycat thread that got merged with this one - that's the thread he was commenting on :)

I kind of suspected that had happened, for I don't remember the comment being there before. What can I say… it's in my nature to be angry and… dangry. ;)

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
I kind of suspected that had happened, for I don't remember the comment being there before. What can I say… it's in my nature to be angry and… dangry. ;)

It's allright, put one right here and get it out of your system buddy *holds up 2 x LG G Flex phones as punch mitts* :D

xmichaelp

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2012
Seen in action, this phone looks fantastic. Check out this video some guy made based on the leaks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lPW1lTO4OI

Wow, that looks nice. Not a huge fan of the antenna system but it is a lot less jarring and less noticeable than the glass breaks on the 5/5s. It disappears from a lot of angles.

----------

To be fair everyone said the iPhone 5 with the halved glass look horrible, and don't forget how everyone said the bands in the iPhone 4 are ugly.

This.

I remember a lot of "Apple will never release something so ugly!" about the 5 leaks. Now the praise is unanimous.

People hate change. By they time it's announced everyone will love the 6.

xmichaelp

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2012
Poor everyone... Come on you can't possibly say it looking like that isn't a big deal.

Because design is objective right? It's grown on me for one, I prefer it over the more stark glass breaks. Keep in mind the mockups are incredibly tacky and with crappy materials. Apple will probably make the antenna out of liquid metal or something.

----------

why couldn't they make the breaks the same size as the 5-5s phone? Thinner breaks make it sleeker. They are pretty ugly in comparison to a 5 5s i think.

Not sure how a big glass slab is thinner...?

BanoraWhite

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2014
I know it's still premature but based off these leaks taken with a grain of salt, if it is what maybe to come from apple I'm definitely unimpressed with it's design again I know it's not official but these leaks happen every year and are usually pretty close. It looks like a step backwards besides the screen size possibly.
After reading many comments on design it seems like people bhabe never seen the new iPod touch design. The iPhone mockups look very similar to the current latest iPod Touch design in its thinness, rounded corners, and also reduced volume controls. No one complaining about that so don't worry to hard about the design. Apple looks very deep into it, (Mac Pro) the next iPhone I'm hoping will not be disappointing.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Original poster
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Update #3

Another 60 votes have been cast, so I arbitrarily decided it was time for yet another update. This time, in an effort to maximize clarity, I'm presenting the data in wedge vs. total circular area format rather than a pie chart. Bear this change in mind as you band your eyes on the wood/metal combo:

Reaction to iPhone Leaks (uninterpreted)

XjwnOOV.png

Below are the minty-fresh interpreted results. For the visually impaired, it may not be apparent that the disapprovers of the leaked design are now overtaking the fans by about 7 precent. Moreover, the number of people who are indifferent to the design has grown significantly—perhaps this is simply due to people who were uninterested in this poll (or iPhone 6 leaks in general) finally giving in and casting a vote:

Reaction to iPhone Leaks (interpreted)

zBoXo0c.png

AngerDanger

Graphics
Original poster
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Update #4

Another wave of over 40 votes hit, so I've recalculated the current reactions to the alleged iPhone 6 parts. Rather than posting two new pie charts, I've made a GIF comparing update #3 to the current stats:

8eaILNL.gif

As you can perceive via optic nerves, the amount of people who doubt the legitimacy of the leaks has increased. Superficially, (top left) the amount of love has increased and hate has decreased, but after grouping similar categories and removing doubles (bottom right), we see that both love and hate has decreased while indifference wanes.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.