Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What do you think of the iPhone 6 leaks?

• Total voters

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
I like it, not love it.

I think the 4/4S was the most beautiful iPhone design ever.

inselstudent

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
I've got no need for a larger phone than 4 inches, so I don't really care about the larger design...although I must say that I find those antenna gaps a bit weird.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I'm actually starting to warm to it, much to my surprise. And I don't mind a slightly more radical change to a phone that has looked pretty much the same since 2010.

But come on already with the 5.5" version leaks!! :cool:

Seriously why no 5.5 leaks does this hint to a later perhaps next year release? Sucks

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Everything is fine except the antenna. Take a look at the first picture... Its a wonderful piece of art not just an antenna. Then you look at the second picture. And its just that ugly thing that ruined my life. Apple please don't let that thing ruin millions of peoples lives. Make it art!

Sarcasm?

Please god let this be sarcasm.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
why couldn't they make the breaks the same size as the 5-5s phone? Thinner breaks make it sleeker. They are pretty ugly in comparison to a 5 5s i think.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
No sarcasm just the hardcore facts.

Good lord. You were serious???

It's a freaking PHONE. People that expect art or the phone to make their coffee in the morning are just setting themselves up for disappointment.

It's people like you that give iPhone users the bad rap of being elitist, snobby, and overindulged. For crying out loud, once again, IT'S A PHONE. While it can make your life easier and more productive, it in and of itself, especially the way it looks, isn't going to make your life better. And how it looks certainly isn't going to ruin anyone's life.

Run. Seriously, run and find some perspective. Please.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Good lord. You were serious???

It's a freaking PHONE. People that expect art or the phone to make their coffee in the morning are just setting themselves up for disappointment.

It's people like you that give iPhone users the bad rap of being elitist, snobby, and overindulged. For crying out loud, once again, IT'S A PHONE. While it can make your life easier and more productive, it in and of itself, especially the way it looks, isn't going to make your life better. And how it looks certainly isn't going to ruin anyone's life.

Run. Seriously, run and find some perspective. Please.

You don't think I'm going to excpect art? Look at all the current and previous iPhones. They all are wonderful peices of art. These leaks are not. And I think this will be pretty bad if it looks like this. Maybe not completely ruin a life but put someone in depression for 3-4 years.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
You don't think I'm going to excpect art? Look at all the current and previous iPhones. They all are wonderful peices of art. These leaks are not. And I think this will be pretty bad if it looks like this. Maybe not completely ruin a life but put someone in depression for 3-4 years.

All the previous iPhones were art? You consider the 3G and 3GS, with their plastic back and crappy chrome ring around the screens to be art?

Son, I'm thinking you need some serious help, because when you say "put someone in depression for 3-4 years" it's pretty obvious that you're talking about yourself. Take your own screen name's advice and go see a doctor. If happiness in your life hinges upon the build of a cell phone...you need more help than anyone here can give you.

And please tell me your screen name is in reference to Valentino Rossi and you're not actually a doctor?

Last edited by a moderator:

davidusr

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2014
Everything is fine except the antenna. Take a look at the first picture... Its a wonderful piece of art not just an antenna. Then you look at the second picture. And its just that ugly thing that ruined my life. Apple please don't let that thing ruin millions of peoples lives. Make it art!

Jesus...c'mon man. Take a pill and calm down. Its not gonna ruin your life, or anyone else's.

Let me put this in perspective. The antenna breaks on the back of the iPhone are going to RUIN MILLIONS OF PEOPLE'S LIVES. Think about that for a second.
Not war, or famine, or poverty. The damn lines on the back of a phone?

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Jesus...c'mon man. Take a pill and calm down. Its not gonna ruin your life, or anyone else's.

Let me put this in perspective. The antenna breaks on the back of the iPhone are going to RUIN MILLIONS OF PEOPLE'S LIVES. Think about that for a second.
Not war, or famine, or poverty. The damn lines on the back of a phone?
Well pretty close to ruin their lives.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Original poster
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
That poll has way too many analogous and overlapping options. It's results will be completely irrelevant.

So much for my Nobel Prize in iPhoneology, eh? :p

It's comprehensive enough to show that roughly one third of all votes went to loving the new design. And that's at the very least, for if repeat votes on options that dislike the design are factored in, the ratio of likes to dislikes increases.

Last edited:

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Other than the thick bands, it's perfect. I like it much more than the ugly two tone 5/5S. I just wish they'd make it a little thicker and put a bigger battery in it instead of trying to get every millimeter they can taken out.

bigjim83

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2011
I don't mind the back. I've always found that the black glass accents on the current two iPhones tend to scratch so I can live without them.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
All the previous iPhones were art? You consider the 3G and 3GS, with their plastic back and crappy chrome ring around the screens to be art?

Son, I'm thinking you need some serious help, because when you say "put someone in depression for 3-4 years" it's pretty obvious that you're talking about yourself. Take your own screen name's advice and go see a doctor. If happiness in your life hinges upon the build of a cell phone...you need more help than anyone here can give you.

And please tell me your screen name is in reference to Valentino Rossi and you're not actually a doctor?

Hey! the 3g/3gs was the sleekest looking iPhone ever!

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
Hey! the 3g/3gs was the sleekest looking iPhone ever!

+1!

Whenever I pull my old 3G out of the box, I'm stunned at how slick it looks. Such solid design. Bit dated today of course, but for 2008...a stunner.

MacLappy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2011
Singapore
What do you think of the iPhone 6 leaks?

Looks pretty good. I do so hope there is more RAM. Kind of running low on my 5S ever so often.

Last edited:

AngerDanger

Graphics
Original poster
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
The results so far…

For visual learners who find themselves more receptive to data presented in a pie/wedge format, the results are depicted below. This first graph made entirely of wood indicates the data as it stands:

Reaction to iPhone Leaks (uninterpreted)

47o4QE0.png

However, if we account for double votes and combine redundant categories, we see in this colored, scribbly graph that the opinions of the photographed parts aren't as low as passionate comments would lead one to believe. But this isn't to say that the harsh criticism is from a vocal minority, for the critics almost balance out the appreciators:

Reaction to iPhone Leaks (interpreted)

tB1TR5u.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.