Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dsonnier1

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2010
I have a couple of Quadra 700s

Apple I
Apple IIe
Apple IIgs
Apple Lisa
Mac 128K
Mac II
Mac IIfx
Mac Quadra 700
Mac Quadra 950
Mac Quadra 840AV
Daystar Genesis MP (The quad 200mhz 604e)[/QUOTE

I have a couple of Quadra 700s that I cant part with....

mmulin

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2006
Was waiting for it for a long time but owning one since about a year. Perils of living in Japan ;) : Powerbook 2400c/240, incl. the external Apple CD Drive.

Running Linux on it and great machine for rough conditions and won't be stolen easily.

bcrguy

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
Nope,or made then durable.I hate mine is scratches and gets damage from the smallest of things.Apple should do away with plastic and make all aluminum Macbook's and MBP's.

um, dude.. they did make aluminium macbooks but people thought they were macbook pros..

now they make a 13 inch pro and they have brought back the white macbooks...the difference is a firewire port on the pro..

chrismacguy

macrumors 68000
Feb 13, 2009
United Kingdom
um, dude.. they did make aluminium macbooks but people thought they were macbook pros..

now they make a 13 inch pro and they have brought back the white macbooks...the difference is a firewire port on the pro..

Actually the White ones never went away, they just got called the "MacBook White" for a while :)

macgenius09

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2009
Want it, sooooooooo bad!

I've always wanted an iBook clamshell and sometimes i've wanted a Powerbook 180, 190, 170, and so on... That's for the Laptops and now for the Desktops:
I've wanted at sometimes an iMac.
:apple::):apple:

macgeek18

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2009
Northern California

I know that,Im saying they should do away with the plastic MacBook altogether and use only aluminum because it's more durable and also it would make Mac seem more high end if every product was aluminum.

dan74

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2010
I've wanted a Macbook Black, i have no idea why they just look so good, ive been scouring ebay all the time for a bargain but cant find one =(

TSE

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
I've always wanted a iMac G3 700mhz or similar... I have an iMac G3 333mhz, while I love it, I wish it had enough RAM and hard drive space so that I can turn it into a classic gaming mac. :(

I had a Black MacBook, and I have to say that it is perhaps the sexiest computer Apple has come out within recent years, it's going to be a very prized possession in a couple years, that's for sure.

Reventon

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Front_with_Logo

20th Anniversary Macintosh. I'd love to have one of those :D

or of course, an iMac G4

imacg4.jpg

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
I have been looking for a IIfx on eBay for sometime now, with no luck. They are pretty rare and getting hard to find now. I have seen them up on eBay awhile back but none in about a year or so. Good luck looking!

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I used to have a serious Mac collecting problem, so I've had pretty much every 68k model at one point or another. The exceptions being a Powerbook 550c and any of the prototypes.

One PPC that I've never owned is a 9500. I love the styling of that case (even though it's miserable internally), and sometimes think about picking a 9500 up just for the heck of it. But that's how habits like Mac collecting start, so I've been good about staying off eBay. ;)

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
I've always wanted a Lime iMac, an iBook of some sort and an iMac G4. :D

Those clear laptops are uber cool too. Reminds me of the clear Game Boy Colors.

Xeem

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2005
Minnesota
Aside from the obvious TAM, I always wanted a blue and white G3. My school had a couple, and they had a sort of in-your-face cool that's always been a bit rare amongst Apple's more understated designs (they were just SO blue!).

macgeek18

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2009
Northern California
Right now what I really want is a base line iMac 21.5" and a PowerBook G4 15" 1.67Ghz for an extra machine.And the iMac is about to become a reality. :D
thanks to our government for the grants. :) I just need A's in college,that's going to be fun.

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
I'm Browsing Ebay for a clamshell iBook trying to find one with a DVD drive would be nice there hard to find.

Archon Gold

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2009
Canada, Ontario
Once I get my i7 27" iMac (Graduation gift, going into highschool :D) I'm still going to keep my computers that I have right now, mainly my iMac, PowerBook, and PowerMac.

I can't wait to get a computer that can handle Gmod, I really miss playing it on my Mac Mini but since I gave it to my grandmother I can't play it anymore since the Intel GMA950 built in to my iMac is total crap. It can't even play The Sims 3. I mean really, 64Mbs of SHARED system memory, who thought that one up?

I'l probably retire my current iMac to be hooked up to my 37" with my capture card that way I can finally have a PVR. I tried using my PowerMac G4 after I slapped in a USB 2.0 card and an Elgato EyeTV Hybrid. But it couldn't view anything that well, and I could forget about recording things.

My PowerBook will always have a place in my heart since it was the first computer that I bought with my own money.

After all that is done, I'm going to nab a Dell Miniv10 Netbook and make it dualboot into Windows (for accessing the school's network, the highschool I am going into is pc only except for a few iMac G3s and one eMac) and Mac OS X so that I can do actual creative things.

On a side note, My school just upgraded all their computers, they got rid of all the eMacs, the last of the iMac G3s :( and shifted all the iMacs that were once in the computer lab (the same iMac models as mine) into the classrooms and upgraded the lab to shiny new 2008 era 20" iMacs that dual boot into Windows (not sure about the version of Windows yet, But I'm positive that they boot into Leopard now and they are ditching tiger finally.) But they decide to do this now right as I am about to graduate. :(

EDIT: The sad thing that I just noticed is that I typed this whole post on my powerbook that is 1.5 feet away from me but I typed it via screen sharing on my iMac. Is this the ultimate sign of laziness or what ? :)

mmfphotodude

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2009
Toronto
Once I get my i7 27" iMac (Graduation gift, going into highschool :D) I'm still going to keep my computers that I have right now, mainly my iMac, PowerBook, and PowerMac.

I can't wait to get a computer that can handle Gmod, I really miss playing it on my Mac Mini but since I gave it to my grandmother I can't play it anymore since the Intel GMA950 built in to my iMac is total crap. It can't even play The Sims 3. I mean really, 64Mbs of SHARED system memory, who thought that one up?

I'l probably retire my current iMac to be hooked up to my 37" with my capture card that way I can finally have a PVR. I tried using my PowerMac G4 after I slapped in a USB 2.0 card and an Elgato EyeTV Hybrid. But it couldn't view anything that well, and I could forget about recording things.

My PowerBook will always have a place in my heart since it was the first computer that I bought with my own money.

After all that is done, I'm going to nab a Dell Miniv10 Netbook and make it dualboot into Windows (for accessing the school's network, the highschool I am going into is pc only except for a few iMac G3s and one eMac) and Mac OS X so that I can do actual creative things.

On a side note, My school just upgraded all their computers, they got rid of all the eMacs, the last of the iMac G3s :( and shifted all the iMacs that were once in the computer lab (the same iMac models as mine) into the classrooms and upgraded the lab to shiny new 2008 era 20" iMacs that dual boot into Windows (not sure about the version of Windows yet, But I'm positive that they boot into Leopard now and they are ditching tiger finally.) But they decide to do this now right as I am about to graduate. :(

EDIT: The sad thing that I just noticed is that I typed this whole post on my powerbook that is 1.5 feet away from me but I typed it via screen sharing on my iMac. Is this the ultimate sign of laziness or what ? :)

If you mean TDSB network, PM ME, i found a way around !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.