Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
Tried canceling my order and they sent an apology for delay and promised it will be here... I then insisted I wanted a refund and to cancel it. They refunded me and cancelled... but then I did get a shipping email with a tracking number... >.> This company is a mess.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Tried canceling my order and they sent an apology for delay and promised it will be here... I then insisted I wanted a refund and to cancel it. They refunded me and cancelled... but then I did get a shipping email with a tracking number... >.> This company is a mess.
The most worrisome aspect is that things don't seem to be improving at all, from what I can see. Many start-ups and crowd-funded products have a rough start, but Cupert is still receiving loads of bad press here and elsewhere for ongoing issues.

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
The most worrisome aspect is that things don't seem to be improving at all, from what I can see. Many start-ups and crowd-funded products have a rough start, but Cupert is still receiving loads of bad press here and elsewhere for ongoing issues.

Not as bad as Yufu Stylus from Kickstarter, man Jon really screwed us guys over :p 2 years I think and still no product.

I've moved and sold iPad in that period lol.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
News to me. A while ago I did a web search and came up with .3

Does not appear to me to be that thick.

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
So looks like my tracking works yet they have refunded me my money... seems I am getting a free Cinder lol.

Shikaka

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
I ordered the $8.99 "Cinder" from Amazon seller, Ruib. The package arrived today and as expected, it was a fake.

I didn't put it on, but this bogus screen protector doesn't look like it will cover edge to edge. It's really thin with barely a hint of 3D curve.

Buyer beware. You get what you pay for.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I ordered the $8.99 "Cinder" from Amazon seller, Ruib. The package arrived today and as expected, it was a fake.

I didn't put it on, but this bogus screen protector doesn't look like it will cover edge to edge. It's really thin with barely a hint of 3D curve.

Duh

EnchantedPlague

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2011
Would also like to know this. My icemax doesn't stick at the top or bottom colored bezels and the clicking feeling that it makes is annoying.

My Cinder that I received as a backer had this issue. I immediately contacted Cupert about the issue. They informed me that this was a defect and that it should stick even under the painted parts. They are sending me a brand new replacement that just shipped today. For all the delays in shipping I am happy their support came through for me. I am a happy backer.

XRichard23

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2015

Same here. It's not even a bad fake it's completely different packaging. Amazon prime this thing is getting returned so no loss, was worth a try.

frifra

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2008
Cupert said last week monday the Cinders should ship from the US via DHL. Still nothing yet. It is just starting again, the entire thing... we will ship next week, next week...

Reactions: charis1113

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Cupert said last week monday the Cinders should ship from the US via DHL. Still nothing yet. It is just starting again, the entire thing... we will ship next week, next week...
I simply cannot fathom why you're still here and still waiting for them.

You've been on this thread ranting and raving for FOUR AND A HALF MONTHS now (that's 138 days). Just get your money back and move on with your life.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I simply cannot fathom why you're still here and still waiting for them.

You've been on this thread ranting and raving for FOUR AND A HALF MONTHS now (that's 138 days). Just get your money back and move on with your life.

Its important that people looking at this thread know that Cupert still has not delivered. You're invited to not visit the thread anymore cause I cannot fathom why you're still reading it.

Reactions: Will22

rudy44

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2010
i tried disputing the payment on paypal. they lied about having sent it, bought about 3 days while paypal tried sorting it out, then actually sent it, tracking number and all. It hasn't yet arrived but I would strongly recommend not doing business with these guys. They have absolutely disgusting customer service and on top of that, have no qualms about lying.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
What a childish response.

You do realise you CAN get some amazing deals online, I got a boxset for £5 when it was actually meant to be £120.

Sometimes there ARE prices glitches/screw ups, you never know.
If you say so.

Now that you mention it, I did see a bunch of blokes tagged on a Facebook sale where Oakley's were £150 but were marked down to £15 if I followed their link to their page. Good call, mate.

ValO

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2012
Does anyone have any experiences on ordering directly through their website cupert.com? So not the backers or the amazon buyers, but regular buyers through their website?

EnchantedPlague

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2011
Well I must say I am not as happy with this protector as I had originally thought. I received a replacement today for the lack of adhesive under the painted parts. When I took the old one off there was a fair amount of debris under the protector where it wouldn't stick. I put the new one on, lines it up fine, but the problem is even worse now. The protector still does not stick on the painted parts and the gap feels even bigger then the last one. Such a shame.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Well I must say I am not as happy with this protector as I had originally thought. I received a replacement today for the lack of adhesive under the painted parts. When I took the old one off there was a fair amount of debris under the protector where it wouldn't stick. I put the new one on, lines it up fine, but the problem is even worse now. The protector still does not stick on the painted parts and the gap feels even bigger then the last one. Such a shame.

I dont understand this...You're not touching the painted areas. Is the protector moving up and down? Or is it that dust is getting under there?

...sorry I read you other posts.

I will likely no know if the cinder is fixed as I will not be installing it. I am happy with the Benks 3D and will use the cinder as a backup should by Benks break. I doubt it will (unless I drop the phone) as its curved.

that be me

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2013
For what it’s worth, I placed my order last week and today I got an email saying it’s been shipped. Should arrive by the 2nd week of December.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
For what it’s worth, I placed my order last week and today I got an email saying it’s been shipped. Should arrive by the 2nd week of December.

And I placed an order May 9th and it arrived yesterday. Promised in July. Received 4 months later than promised.

All of that would be fine but cinder as a company did a poor job of planning and communicating.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.