Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
After watching the Vietnamese video of it up on the main page, Im 100% positive I won't be getting one now. It looks very cheap, not like a $1300 Macbook. I need a laptop and already returned the new rMBP 13 because of the awful GPU performance, there is no rMBP 15 update for a good 6 months and this looks like a toy. Guess I'll be buying a new Windows laptop for the first time in nearly 10 years. Need to get your ***** together Apple.

There may be a reason why it looks cheap. Quick, check the calendar? You can't tell me you're really going to make a purchasing decision on the basis of a YouTube video, even if the thing is legitimate (which is a real question)...?

Skylitfly

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2014
Seriously? There are thinner and lighter laptops out there with better and larger displays with an array of ports and for less money. If Apple is really going with the "we couldn't add any ports because of its size" excuse, thats just sad.

Thinner? Only if you compare to the MacBooks thickest point. Note that the MacBook is wedge shaped so it's overall thinner than most of the competition.

Yes. There are some lighter laptops out there. But not with the same amount of battery and battery life.

Better displays? By what definition? Yes. They may have slightly better resolution and more ppi, but Apple is mostly known for excellent displays and I believe that MacBook will deliver. Also I have to mention how much better OS X handless scaling compared to Windows.

Yes. Competing laptops have few more ports.

Cheaper. Yes. Apple is known for it's industry leading build quality and design. Not the mention their excellent trackpads. And everyone knows that Apple can charge some extra because of their incredibly strong brand.

I don't see how Apple didn't make a good job with MacBook. It's a solid device. Slightly overpriced at the moment. But in my opinion it's pretty sufficient for the 1st gen product.

Alloy201

Suspended
Mar 13, 2015
The dexter guy has been trolling the Macbook section since it was announced spewing hate. Stop crying for attention, nobody cares that you don't like it. You're nobody special and either is your opinion. Go hang out on a PC forum instead.

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
After watching the Vietnamese video of it up on the main page, Im 100% positive I won't be getting one now. It looks very cheap, not like a $1300 Macbook. I need a laptop and already returned the new rMBP 13 because of the awful GPU performance, there is no rMBP 15 update for a good 6 months and this looks like a toy. Guess I'll be buying a new Windows laptop for the first time in nearly 10 years. Need to get your ***** together Apple.

This is not surprising considering you were already slamming the rMB in every post.

Mcdevidr

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2013
I'm confused. He said he changed his mind? Why would he even consider this if he thinks the new 13 rMbp has a crappy gpu.

I'll pay extra not to have a computer that looks anything like any of the current core M windows models. The aesthetics are awful.

dexterbell

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2015
The dexter guy has been trolling the Macbook section since it was announced spewing hate. Stop crying for attention, nobody cares that you don't like it. You're nobody special and either is your opinion. Go hang out on a PC forum instead.

Excuse me for wanting something better than this from Apple. Only the hardest of hardcore Apple fans can argue this is a great computer given its internals, lack of ports and high sale price. Even the original Macbook back in 2006 had multiple ports. Its just inexcusable for Apple to leave them out when every other laptop has them, and a 480p camera in 2015? Really? I really hope people speak with their wallets and don't buy it and let Apple know that putting out underpowered and overpriced laptops in 2015 won't work. Whats next? a rMBP 15 with 1 port, two year old GPU and a generation old CPU for $3k? I can see that if they are sitting around laughing that people actually paid $1300 for the Macbook. They have gotten lazy and its a disturbing path they are headed down.

driftless

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2011
Chicago-area
Perhaps you would be happier somewhere else? Trolling does not add anything positive to the conversation.

Last edited:

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
Excuse me for wanting something better than this from Apple. Only the hardest of hardcore Apple fans can argue this is a great computer given its internals, lack of ports and high sale price. Even the original Macbook back in 2006 had multiple ports. Its just inexcusable for Apple to leave them out when every other laptop has them, and a 480p camera in 2015? Really? I really hope people speak with their wallets and don't buy it and let Apple know that putting out underpowered and overpriced laptops in 2015 won't work. Whats next? a rMBP 15 with 1 port, two year old GPU and a generation old CPU for $3k? I can see that if they are sitting around laughing that people actually paid $1300 for the Macbook. They have gotten lazy and its a disturbing path they are headed down.

But you never wanted it in the first place. All along you've been trying to convince people that a rMBP or an iPad is a better option for them, no matter what they are looking for in a portable device/laptop.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden

So why continue to b!tch and moan? According to your posts, even the 15" rMBP doesn't satisfy your needs. Put a cork in it and move along.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
It looks really elegant but I can't justify buying it in my mind either. Not at the price that it currently is. It appears to be the ultimate ultraportable device, it can totally replace my iPad. But for now the cost is just too prohibitive for what it does. I'm sure in 2-3 years they will drop in price and then I may reconsider one.

tomwvr

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2012
Frederick Maryland
In 1986 I purchased a MAC SE ---

The Apple Macintosh SE features an 8 MHz 68000 processor, 1 MB or 2 MB of RAM, and either dual 800k disk drives or one 800k disk drive and a 20 MB or 40 MB hard drive in a compact all-in-one case with a 9" monochrome display.

Most notably, the Macintosh SE was the first Macintosh to offer an internal hard drive as well as a customized PDS expansion slot for other options.

I also purchased an imageWriter II printer
With a few pieces of Software I spent over 4500.00

My first new car was purchased at about the same time for 5999.99

So if computers prices had kept up with cars - top of the line computers would run 20-30K

dexterbell

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2015
But you never wanted it in the first place. All along you've been trying to convince people that a rMBP or an iPad is a better option for them, no matter what they are looking for in a portable device/laptop.

Yea, I just saw the new MacBook benchmarks on the main page. My God, the iPad Air 2 is faster. Thats the final nail in the coffin, absolutely pathetic.

squirrrl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
San Diego, CA
Yea, I just saw the new MacBook benchmarks on the main page. My God, the iPad Air 2 is faster. Thats the final nail in the coffin, absolutely pathetic.

Still way faster than my current early 2008 macbook and with what I do, that's plenty for me. Also, with PCIe SSD and twice the RAM I currently have, I'll seem much faster and the quarter of the weight.

kingofwale

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
I'm seriously doubting whether I should get one too.

Going from 15 inch rMBP 2012 to this (albeit it's only for travel) I don't know if I am willing to make that big of a compromise.

I'm going to wait to see benchmark for 1.2 Ghz version, if it's not much faster, I'm waiting for MBA refresh

kingofwale

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
They just refreshed the MBA. I seriously doubt you will see another one. They are probably dropping the Air line

doubt they'd drop the Air line, considering it's their entry level pricing point for laptop.

if anything, they'd disconnect Pro 13' line and make all Air retina

squirrrl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
San Diego, CA
They just refreshed the MBA. I seriously doubt you will see another one. They are probably dropping the Air line

Agreed. If you are going to wait a whole year, you might as well wait for skylake rMB. I think they will eventually merge the MBA and rMB at some point.

Theophil1971

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2015
USA

:rolleyes:
Glad to see you're not the type to get emotional about these things.

ctyrider

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2012
dexterbell said:
After watching the Vietnamese video of it up on the main page, Im 100% positive I won't be getting one now. It looks very cheap, not like a $1300 Macbook.

:rolleyes:
Glad to see you're not the type to get emotional about these things.

This guy has been trolling this forum for weeks now.. ever since Apple announced rMB. For someone clearly not interested in the product - he spends an awful lot of time posting about it. Best to ignore him.

Theophil1971

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2015
USA
This guy has been trolling this forum for weeks now.. ever since Apple announced rMB. For someone clearly not interested in the product - he spends an awful lot of time posting about it. Best to ignore him.

Good advice. Thank you. Never did understand why people get so personally invested, and waste so much time bagging on products they're predisposed to dislike. Just be quiet and go hang out at the Mocrosoft store at the mall, and make fun of Apple with the other 5 or 6 Windows nerds there.

iRun26.2

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2010

From your previous posts, I thought the coffin was already buried.

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 4, 2012

I saw the Geekbench results but how did you watch the video? I tried playing it but it's marked as 'private'.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.