Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

minmax

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2015
Hello geniuses! I am 13 and I made this app called Momento that can record trails (like Runkeeper). I really want to submit this app to the scholarship, but the app requirements said that the apps need to tell about myself and have my name as the app name. Momento does neither of those things.:( Will Momento be qualified still?

CeceXX

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2015
Hello geniuses! I am 13 and I made this app called Momento that can record trails (like Runkeeper). I really want to submit this app to the scholarship, but the app requirements said that the apps need to tell about myself and have my name as the app name. Momento does neither of those things.:( Will Momento be qualified still?

Unfortunately not. The app is supposed to be about yourself. Anyway, you can still create the WWDC app and talk about Momento in it :)

minmax

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2015
Unfortunately not. The app is supposed to tell about yourself. Anyway, you can still create the WWDC app and talk about Momento in it :)

Can I update Momento to let it tell about myself? Also I am planning to release Momento to the App Store.

CeceXX

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2015
Can I update Momento to let it tell about myself? Also I am planning to release Momento to the App Store.

Why not! It's no problem at all.

Just update the Xcode project name by double clicking the current name in the left sidebar of the project :)

minmax

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2015
Why not! It's no problem at all.

Just update the Xcode project name by double clicking the current name in the left sidebar of the sidebar :)

Does Apple allow people to profit from two different sources? (scholarship and app store)

CeceXX

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2015
Do you think it is immoral to profit from two different sources? (scholarship and app store)
Well, no. But that's not the point.

Make sure the app talks mainly about you and not that much about Momento. Maybe you should create a new one from scratch, but don't forget to mention Momento.

minmax

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2015
Well, no. But that's not the point.

Make sure the app talks mainly about you and not that much about Momento. Maybe you should create a new one from scratch, but don't forget to mention Momento.

OK Thanks!:)

CeceXX

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2015
How do you submit the app?

I'm not too sure, but I suppose you apply by sending the .zip file of the project directly from the Member Center developer area.

It's worth mentioning you don't need to have a paid program to apply and one of your parents must register an account with their name if you are 13-17.

Vaniljpudding

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2015
Does anyone know if one is allowed to use different frameworks/classes/code from the internet? Such as frameworks on github or tutorials?

CeceXX

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2015

CeceXX

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2015
Ok. Thank you. However, if I were to follow a tutorial for something, and use that tutorial's code, would this be cheating?

Well, most likely. Can you cheat in school's tests? No :)

Grabbing code from the Internet most definitely won't help. It sounds like you don't know how to write code to Apple.

Vaniljpudding

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2015
Well, most likely. Can you cheat in school's tests? No :)

Grabbing code from the Internet most definitely won't help. It sounds like you don't know how to write code to Apple.

I understand!

I do, in fact know how to write code. It was a question out of curiosity for rather irrelevant reasons :)

CeceXX

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2015
I think you got that one wrong. Sure, it's not recommended to heavily use 3rd party code/libraries, but it's definitely allowed. I've seen lots of apps from last years that made use of such thing.

I was surprised to see those apps as well! I wouldn't risk though. These frameworks often use C/C++ code which is technically not acceptable.

prithivdev

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2014
Guys,what about the college/school certificates?
What are you guys submitting?
I'm giving my college bonafide certificate,but I'm really confused about the principle's contact info.

CeceXX

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2015
Guys,what about the college/school certificates?
What are you guys submitting?
I'm giving my college bonafide certificate,but I'm really confused about the principle's contact info.

I may probably request one if I don't find anything. I think the document must be dated in order to be fully verified.

I'd prefer not to give Apple the principle's contact info, mainly due to the fact that he won't probably speak English very well. I think Apple only requires it if you are part of a STEM organization.

We will see! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.