Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Woakley5

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2015
Does anyone have an idea of the acceptance rate? I know they increased the number of applications this year but I'm curious to see a rough estimate.

dhruvramani98

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2015
.ipa file

Hey guys! I am a 16-year old developer from Kuwait. How do I get the .ipa or .app file if I have a free developer account? Can I skip it?

nsadir174

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2015
Miami, FL
Hey guys! I am a 16-year old developer from Kuwait. How do I get the .ipa or .app file if I have a free developer account? Can I skip it?

This is what is the WWDC Scholarship Guidelines (https://developer.apple.com/wwdc/scholarships/Scholarship-Guidelines-and-Terms.pdf) say:

Submission Requirements
• Upload three screenshots of your app as .png files (20 MB max per file).
• Package your Xcode project in a .zip file (100 MB max). Make sure to include all of the files that your
 Xcode project needs.

So I don't think you need the .ipa or .app, just the Xcode Project (.xcodeproj)

dhruvramani98

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2015
This is what is the WWDC Scholarship Guidelines (https://developer.apple.com/wwdc/scholarships/Scholarship-Guidelines-and-Terms.pdf) say:

Submission Requirements
• Upload three screenshots of your app as .png files (20 MB max per file).
• Package your Xcode project in a .zip file (100 MB max). Make sure to include all of the files that your
 Xcode project needs.

So I don't think you need the .ipa or .app, just the Xcode Project (.xcodeproj)

Look at this :

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 12.30.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 12.30.47 AM.png
    37 KB · Views: 85

devos50

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2011
I submitted my app two days ago, however, when uploading the app and info on the website, I just returned to the submission page with no fields filled in and there was no confirmation of whether my submission has actually succeeded or not. Anyone else experienced this? :confused:

CeceXX

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2015
I submitted my app two days ago, however, when uploading the app and info on the website, I just returned to the submission page with no fields filled in and there was no confirmation of whether my submission has actually succeeded or not. Anyone else experienced this? :confused:
Have you been redirected to a confirmation page once you clicked on Submit?

devos50

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2011
That's weird. I haven't applied yet (will do it tomorrow) and I'll let you know.

I tried again and now I see a screen that confirms that they've received the application and that they will let me know the status by May 8 :cool:.

jackintosh7

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2014
Hey guys I'm a 16 year old dev from NY. I just really started my app yesterday :rolleyes: should be done before the deadline however, got caught up with a ton of client work. Based on this thread it seems not as many people are entering this year then last. Last years thread was popping! Wish you all luck and I hope to see you in SF.

Woakley5

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2015

For me, the application screen hangs until all of the files are uploaded. There is no indication on the progress of upload, so its best to just let it run for a few mins until you see the confirmation. If your application was successfully received, you will get a screen saying that if you go and try to apply again.

----------

Based on this thread it seems not as many people are entering this year then last. Last years thread was popping! Wish you all luck and I hope to see you in SF.

Hey thats good for us right?! haha

Vaniljpudding

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2015
I don't mean to spam this forum, but before sending my app in I would just like to know which deployment target you guys chose? My default is 8.1, but I don't know if I should change it...

AndrewW500

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2012
I don't mean to spam this forum, but before sending my app in I would just like to know which deployment target you guys chose? My default is 8.1, but I don't know if I should change it...

I doubt it matters, but if you have the option, you may as well just select an earlier version. Mine is set to 7.0.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.