Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Jun 3, 2008
How do you watch high quality videos over 3G? I'm on the unlimited plan, I play a video with full bars of 3G in Safari in the new YouTube and it still looks like low quality crap.

console

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2010
Does anyone know how-to switch back to the old standalone App? This new player can't handle portrait-rotation locked iphones properly.

I'd love to revert back to the old player or somehow force landscape mode for all videos. Unlocking the rotation just to watch a video in a Safari is no acceptable solution for me.

Thanks for reading.

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
Does anyone know how-to switch back to the old standalone App? This new player can't handle portrait-rotation locked iphones properly.

I'd love to revert back to the old player or somehow force landscape mode for all videos. Unlocking the rotation just to watch a video in a Safari is no acceptable solution for me.

Thanks for reading.

Just use the app instead of m.youtube.com

nvelker

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
Kansas City
Is it just me, or does the default YouTube app look a LOT better? Just updated to ios 4.0.1 and the picture in the default app seems to have improved greatly. However, still loads slow. Even over wifi. Anyone else experience a better quality picture in the default app?

console

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2010
Just use the app instead of m.youtube.com

Ok, maybe my question wasn't clear enough: When I click on a Youtube link anywere the old player no longer kicks in. Instead the new player starts in a Safari window. I would like to make any link use the old player.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.