Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xs.over

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
Please check the version of the baseband Settings>General>About>Modem version.
Please make screenshot.

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD
The codes can identify what it is. So yes, it can.

It's an A4 CPU. We already know that. The text on the chip will not indicate clock speed, because it never does in practice. There will also be no known SoC to compare it to with a known clock speed.

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD

Attachments

• checkup01-iphone.png
    checkup01-iphone.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 169

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Congrats on getting your shiny new iPhone 4 mate. :D

As sad as it is, it's great seeing pics of the new packaging, etc ... it just gets me all the more excited for when I get mine.

Unfortunately, I won't own an iPhone 4 until July 23rd. It's going to be a long four weeks, but these unboxing pics/videos should keep me going!

Enjoy and thanks for sharing. :)

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD
Damn, those millionths of a second really will help you.

tip: When being facetious, it's best to know what you're talking about.

All accounts of the iphone have already stated it's noticeably faster than the 3GS. These numbers put quantities to the qualitative data.

edit: I suppose there's a small chance the CPU speed it reports is modular about 1000 (ie, counting to 1000 causes it flip back to 0) and the CPU speed is indeed 1000 MHz. My guess is that it's just improperly reporting though. This would have a lot to do whether apple provides an API to report CPU speed or the app actually directly queries the hardware.

iMacDragon

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2008
UK
What we need is an ipad comparison of the same tests, if it's same speed, the operations and memory numbers should be similar

Taigerr

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
Check this owt!!!! just recieved my iphone 12.5.... some dude called marty mcfly wanted a swap for my 3GS says its a collectible antique??? .... oh and the screen is 3D hologram....

louis Fashion

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2010
Arizona, USA
Boxx

Just love the unboxing phots, vids, breathless descriptions. Apple ought to go out of the gizmo business and sell empty boxes. I am sure there would be fanboyz for that also.

louis Fashion

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2010
Arizona, USA
Proud razor owner

Is it as smooth as a baby's bottom?

Does it make unicorns appear?

Does it make your you know what a little bigger?

Does it print money?

Does it make every chick within 100 feet a little moist?

What's the CPU speed?

My Verizon Razor is 5 years old and has NEVER dropped a call. Almost as good as printing money!!

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Oct 13, 2008
Wow!

FedEx just dropped off my iPhone 4 just a few moments ago...

Activation was snappy and smooth.

Impressively cool!

FYI;

As of last night before bed, my delivery date was still the 24th, even after I received the email from Apple about a possibly delivery on the 23rd.

Some additional videos on my site and I am uploading a video to youtube as I type.

http://www.loyalmoses.com/2010/06/my-iphone-4-arrived-2-days-early/

* Updated to add more images

142935-DSC05821_500.jpg

142936-DSC05840_500.jpg

* Added quite a bit more pics at my blog, link above.

Happy to see this.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
Congrats on getting your shiny new iPhone 4 mate. :D

As sad as it is, it's great seeing pics of the new packaging, etc ... it just gets me all the more excited for when I get mine.

Unfortunately, I won't own an iPhone 4 until July 23rd. It's going to be a long four weeks, but these unboxing pics/videos should keep me going!

Enjoy and thanks for sharing. :)

Hey that's my birthday. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.