Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Well done MacRumors!

cheering.gif
cheering.gif
cheering.gif

It's been a pleasure to contribute my 5.6K posts towards this great moment in MR history :D

Veldek

macrumors 68000
Mar 29, 2003
Germany
Congratulations to the site, the admins and all the members. It was a great time, so let’s work for the second million.

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
Haven't you read?

Abstract said:
We're already working on it. ;)

Wonder who got the 1000000th post? Maybe he should get something for being the lucky poster. :)

It's been cleared on the main page... it was edesignuk ...

Congratulations to macrumors.com for that achievement and to edesignuk for helping the forums a good place to read...

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
1,000,000 up and counting I sort of thought it might be some newbie asking how he could get an avatar or another Apple PDA thread, but edesignuk saved the day with a momentus and important post full of gravitas and... er.... well.....

OK, we got some bouncy smilies, that'll do pig, that'll do. :D :cool: :cool: :cool:

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
WinterMute said:
1,000,000 up and counting I sort of thought it might be some newbie asking how he could get an avatar or another Apple PDA thread,
That is why this thread exists, we just couldn't let that happen! ;)

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
edesignuk said:
That is why this thread exists, we just couldn't let that happen! ;)

so considering that this thread and its first post were created with the sole purpose of enhancing post counts, than they should be considered spam and not counted ;)

also, for good measure, I think it would be fair that the following 187 posts should go to to wasteland...

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Abstract said:
Wonder who got the 1000000th post?
Period, not a question mark.

Wow, I thought the megapost would be a lot worse than that. I was thinking of getting up at around 4am to see it happen, or to stay online until it happened. So much for that.

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
1 million posts?

I'll drink to that!!!

Heres to 2 million as well. HA!

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
he he. you got it all worked out.... well congrats for getting the 1,000,000th post, and timing this thread right so that you got the millionth post. ;) would have been a terrible tragedy to post about having the millionth post, and actually miss it by 1 or 2... so congratulations for your spot-on timing. :D

Vector

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2002
Nicely done edesign!

I am glad that someone was diligent enough to rescue the millionth post from being the inane post of some newbie. :)

I am glad to see that you are updating the link in your sig as you change you avatar

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Vector said:
I am glad to see that you are updating the link in your sig as you change you avatar
Well you know, I like to give back :D. And the high-res collection doubled last night, there's a lot more to come! :cool:

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
I was SO confused when I began to read this, then I looked at the date:rolleyes:. Wow its amazing how the posts have doubled in a year and 5 months.

iHateWindows

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2005
mkrishnan said:
Here's to MacRumors Three Million... growing at the rate of the iPod, that should happen....in February? :eek: ;) :D

It's spamming time!

Just kidding. Let's not be a Windows forum, here.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
mkrishnan said:
Here's to MacRumors Three Million... growing at the rate of the iPod, that should happen....in February? :eek: ;) :D

Yikes - if that's the case, we've got out posting work cut out for us, my friend! :eek: ;) :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.