Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
The guy/gal is not a newb that just came here to spam, so we let them off once.

But if they do it again then...

banhamster.jpg

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
He's had 'behaviour modification'. :D

They fitted him with a new mid-plane and he's now playing nicely with all the peripherals.

We still love him... :D

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Curiously, it's ever since Keira started winking.

Hmmm...

[brown-nosing]Seriously though, with great power comes great responsibility. I am impressed with the restraint e has been showing, and think he's doing fine.[/brown-nosing]

Savage Henry

macrumors 65816
Do you know, since his enthronement as mini mod I thought we'd see rather a lot less of the Ban Hamster as the new responsibilities may infer a more mature approach to thread respondance. I for one salute the little bleeder each time he appears; I just now only wish them storm troopers pop in every once in a while...

Gord bless ya, guvnor for bringin' the ol' fella back again.

And in mvho to the question at hand ... nah, I think he's still firing with the same number of barrels he's always had.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
emw said:
[brown-nosing]...[/brown-nosing]
See, when you add the "[brown-nosing]" brackets, it makes you seem insincere.

Which is unnecessary, really, because e is, without any doubt, one of the best mods I've ever seen on this forum - he's in the top ten, period, and I challenge anyone to dispute that.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
jsw said:
he's in the top ten, period...
edesignuk said:
Please stop, I'm not gonna be able to fit my head through the door in the morning :eek: :p
Doctor Q said:
For reference, the MacRumors moderators are:
AmbitiousLemon
bousozoku
Doctor Q
edesignuk
eyelikeart
Mr. Anderson
Mudbug
Nermal
Rower_CPU
WinterMute
How many mods? ;)

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
edesignuk said:
Please stop, I'm not gonna be able to fit my head through the door in the morning :eek: :p
Well, I was sort of worried that the Mini might not have the horsepower to haul around that ego myself. :cool:

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
Chip NoVaMac said:
Saw this thread in the top listings (too bad wastedlanded threads can't be removed from the front screen):

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=112776

edesignuk was much kinder than I would have been. :D

Ummmmm... you do realize that the original thread was a joke. Not a very good joke but a joke nonetheless. Not exactly spam, anyway. I think the Web address "http://www.pyramidscheme.com/?r=heyguysspammymailbox" was supposed to clue you in.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
wordmunger said:
Ummmmm... you do realize that the original thread was a joke. Not a very good joke but a joke nonetheless. Not exactly spam, anyway. I think the Web address "http://www.pyramidscheme.com/?r=heyguysspammymailbox" was supposed to clue you in.
Edesignuk also edited all the links so the spammer doesn't benefit from the crap they unloaded on this site.

Heck, we've also got some spam from outright frauds designed to steal your money.

So they usually get edited or deleted.

Edesignuk also made the guy look a bit more foolish than usual.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
wordmunger said:

No. That was changed by edesignuk within seconds of being wastelanded -- I saw the original post before it was trashed... it seems to be a general policy to mess with the links but that's the first time I've seen that spoof URL...

*sigh*
I spend way too much time on here...

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Mr. Anderson said:
There actually is another one :D

D
I know. ;) But I'd written "ten" thinking I had it right before verifying. Close... or maybe I think of e as definitely being better than one of the others. :)

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Blue Velvet said:
Ooo -- just like Yoda says in the swamp... :D
<mild dig at mod demographics>Except that, in this case, it is assuredly not a sister....</mild dig at mod demographics>

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.