Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LeoNobilis

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2006
The Netherlands
"Like Zuckerberg, Jobs was a complicated visionary who became a polarizing figure."

Comparing Steve Jobs to that little redneck is a sheer blasphemy. Zuckerberg is no more a visionary than your butcher is.
Dear MacRumors contributor, shame on you: your ignorance does strike as quite shocking.

mixel

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2006
Leeds, UK
I have said many times that Tom Cruise is a great choice for the role. He has similar impassioned mannerisms (the smile...) and a sharp speaking style that would fit well with Steve.
I'm not sure Steve would've liked being represented by Cruise, crazy Scientologist etc.

macnerd93

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2009
United Kingdom
Genius of a Director. The Henley Rowing scene in the social network has to be one of the best things ever shot, loved it. I often play it before a race lol.

mukow

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2009
CT, USA
I have said many times that Tom Cruise is a great choice for the role. He has similar impassioned mannerisms (the smile...) and a sharp speaking style that would fit well with Steve.

If you've seen the way that Tom looked in 'Collateral' with the scruffy beard, you can better start to envision how he'd look as Jobs:

rHMDT2cpGE1FLip.jpg

Aside from all that, it would lend the necessary star power to the film to make people flock in droves.

Tom Cruise would be perfect! Excellent notion.

malexandria

Suspended
Mar 25, 2009
No

I think I'm the only one who really hated The Social Network. It just seemed like Fincher hated Zuckerburg and did the worst possible portrayal of him. I did like Jobs and thought Ashton was really good. Although that film was too much of a cheerleader, so there has to be a film out there that could really be a good balance between both sides of Jobs because face it he was a gigantic ***** when it came to business and how he dealt with people. But then driven people generally are.

JPLC

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2011
Netherlands
I can only imagine what Daniel Day Lewis could do with this role. Not to mention his method acting. I'm sure LSD, fasting, fruit diets, and black mock necks would enter his process.

I love his work. My favorite would be Christian Bale. The smile is almost identical to Jobs and Bale could play this role with ease. I don't understand how Tom Cruise could ever be an option. This actor is not the heavy weight you want to see play Jobs. And Cruise is a dwarf. Sorry for that but its the truth.

christianbaleap_0.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.