Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The new iOS version 8, I discovered the phone lock function on time.
If you enter 8x consecutive incorrect password when odomikaní, locked up iPhone to 1 minute.
Consequently, if you enter the wrong password 1x, iPhone hangs for 5 minutes.
Do you know someone like this goes on?
That kind of thing has been there in previous iOS versions as well.

Estagmar

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2013
Now while changing the brightness from CC the background shows its actual color (don't know if I explained that well).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 181

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Is it a feature of a bug?
That would be a feature or basically an enhancement (if not even a bug fix)--it allows you to see the exact brightness effect on the screen, rather than a somewhat dimmed version of it which doesn't represent what it will actually look like when the Control Center is then closed.

Wormald

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2011
London
When you are touching the Brightness slider in Control Center, the top part of the screen (usually dimmed) displays with the brightness it would have if Control Center wasn't open.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
iThink he was also concerned with how easily the phone will fit into a jeans pocket. Esp when u get into the car, and then gotta try get a huge phone out of your pocket, i duno how Samdung users survive!

I see pocket T-shirts coming back in style. ;)

ikm19

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2007
Texas
New Option in maps for navigation directions.

Attachments

• IMG_0006.PNG
    IMG_0006.PNG
    213.6 KB · Views: 193

nheilweil

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Redmond, WA
Don't know if it's just me but I feel like the right triage action in Mail (swiping from right edge of message to the left) flips from the initial "More/Flag/Trash" option to the full on "Trash" option too quickly.

I often can't get it to pause so I can flag a message and instead end up accidentally deleting it and then have to go dig it out of the trash which is the opposite of making life easy.

Maybe it's because my swipe finger is so awesome and powerful?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 136

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Is it a feature of a bug?

It shows the correct brightness of the background without the darkening of it.

----------

Don't know if it's just me but I feel like the right triage action in Mail (swiping from right edge of message to the left) flips from the initial "More/Flag/Trash" option to the full on "Trash" option too quickly.

I often can't get it to pause so I can flag a message and instead end up accidentally deleting it and then have to go dig it out of the trash which is the opposite of making life easy.

You're swiping too far. With a normal swipe I'm not running into any accidental deletes. Must be just you.

----------

Don't know if it has been said, but the weather app now displays the forecast for at least 1 week ahead.

That's because of Weather Channel... its not much better since the weather can shift quicker than they can predict a week forward.

DocFandan

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2013

You know, you can shake your phone once you realize you've deleted a message, and undo the action which would put the deleted message back where it was. Cheers

nheilweil

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Redmond, WA
You know, you can shake your phone once you realize you've deleted a message, and undo the action which would put the deleted message back where it was. Cheers

Hahaha -- thanks! Seriously...I can't believe I'm just learning that now!

And I figured out my swipe issue: if I flick from very right edge, it works fine. It's when I start a little in from the edge and drag across rather than flick that it was sketchy. But now at least I know how to undo it!

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2013
New translucent lines that separate .. In ios 7 they were just grey

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 318

MinEderPlayz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2013
Hamburg, Germany
The keyboard doesn't go back from .?123 when entering a single number and pressing the space bar. It only happens with 2-digit numbers and symbols.

Would someone please at least notice this?

schimanke

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2008
Hi! Is Autocorrect disabled when you slide down the QuickType grey bar? Meaning, does the iPhone accept whatever you type on the keyboard without trying to suggest different words like this? Danke!

No, it's not. When you slide down the Quicktype bar, you get the regular keyboard known from earlier versions of iOS, including the autocorrection behavior.

bsforever

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2008
I don't think the point about the shake to undo was about it being a new feature in iOS 8, he was pointing out that if he messed up with the slide feature in mail he could simply shake to undo and it would fix the errant tap.

Oh cool

----------

That’s not what he was getting at. He was trying to help the poster not having to go back into trash after accidentally deleting his messages.

Cool

isopepper

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2011
Any sign of a dark theme as seen in Yosemite?

Seriously, the thing blasts my eyes with its whiteness when I pick it up in the middle of the night as I often have to. Greyscale, if I could set it to activate during certain hours, would be OK.

However, I've always been mystified that there is space grey iThing cases, but only silver/white iOS.

euchanels

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2012
Ok, maybe I should decorate this one ####################

Can anybody please confirm in the themes of the UI are more transparent than before?? Like in the music app, is the white more tranparent?? Did anyone notice??

Menopause

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2011
No, it's not. When you slide down the Quicktype bar, you get the regular keyboard known from earlier versions of iOS, including the autocorrection behavior.

Thanks, could you please check if QuickType still gives you suggestions if you disable Auto-Correction from Settings → General → Keyboard → Auto-Correction?

21kbkgl.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.