Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Malcster

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 26, 2005
Bristol, UK
VMWare have released a 1.1 Beta of Fusion which has many changes, amongst other things preliminary DirectX 9.0 support (minus shaders..)

Link

Retired
May 16, 2006
Unfortunately I won't be able to test this until next Sunday, as the only machine with Fusion I use is my grandad's iMac...

seanneko

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2007
Anyone know if GMA950 compatibility has been improved?

The only thing that I can really get working in Fusion 1.0 is the spinning cube in DirectX Diagnostics :(

hajime

macrumors 604
Jul 23, 2007
Poor video performance

I updated to 1.1 but it seems that the video performance is worse than before. I have already checked 3D acceleration already. Even when I drag a window, the movement looks sluggish. I wonder if I have missed anything. Anybody knows what is going on?

LMO

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2007
I'm seeing the same reduced video performance. It has been suggested that it is due to debug code in the drivers, but I haven't seen a direct response from the VMware team.

Celeron

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2004
I updated to 1.1 but it seems that the video performance is worse than before. I have already checked 3D acceleration already. Even when I drag a window, the movement looks sluggish. I wonder if I have missed anything. Anybody knows what is going on?

Did you upgrade the VMware tools?

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
I notice no change in video performance. However, I did get a TOTAL Mac freeze with the beta, when I tried to update VMWare Tools from the taskbar. It stopped inthe middle and I had to do a hard reset of the Mac. (Oddly enough, the only thing I COULD do during the freeze was move the mouse--which showed a Windows cursor even when mousing over Mac windows. But it would not respond to anything. I was able to sleep and wake, but instead of the usual wake-from-sleep password dialog, I got a Windows cursor over black.)

Next time I tried updating from the Mac menu bar instead, and for whatever reason that was fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.