Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
...has its own security guard to watch over it. :D

2me5w8h.jpg

Sweet looking car, but $190K price tag is anything but. :eek:

Reactions: robotica

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Jony has had the Aston Martin for a while now hasn't he?

He has excellent taste, it's a beautiful car. The guard makes sense. It would be painful seeing something happen to it.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
The guard is there to...(wait for it).... prevent someone marring it from throwing jellybeans at it..:p:p:p

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
So does the guard ride with Jony and then gets out.

And I don't think that traffic cone will fit in the trunk.

CyBeRino

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2011
Not an ugly car; but I would still prefer a SL. Can't effort any of those though.

That's a German car though.

This one, like Ive himself, is British.

(Also I want one of those myself, but alas unless I either get extremely lucky some day or don't spend a single penny for the next 7 or so years I can probably never afford it.)

Reactions: robotica

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
An Aston is so much more than a Merc. It's not about specs. It's about the feel a car will give you.

Ive show his class by wanting an Aston Martin.

Mad Mac

macrumors regular
May 15, 2008
Well, it figures that Ive drives an Aston. It explains a lot of things actually. Especially where iOS 6 maps got it's inspiration from. :D

cerote

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2009
Well, it figures that Ive drives an Aston. It explains a lot of things actually. Especially where iOS 6 maps got it's inspiration from. :D

Yea cause a hardware engineer has everything to do with the software app.

Mad Mac

macrumors regular
May 15, 2008
Yea cause a hardware engineer has everything to do with the software app.
Hint: Ive is not a hardware engineer. He's an industrial designer. And ID people have everything to do with how hardware and software looks. And don't call them engineers. Most couldn't engineer a box if they tried.

shinji

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2007
Beautiful car, and he's earned it with all of his contributions to Apple over the years.

Reactions: I7guy

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
Hint: Ive is not a hardware engineer. He's an industrial designer. And ID people have everything to do with how hardware and software looks. And don't call them engineers. Most couldn't engineer a box if they tried.

Um how would your know what Ive can or can't do? He described the design he practices as part fine art, part engineering.

As far as software, Apple's industrial designers have nothing to do with it. Ive himself said their focus is hardware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.