Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trepex

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 5, 2007
Ottawa, Canada
So I wasn't having any problems with a rolling display (waves) on my new 2.2GHz SR MBP, even after the LED Display update or any of the software updates. After an Archive & Reinstall though (just did it to get familiar with the process) and allowing Software Update to 're-update me' I started to get these horrific waves rolling across my screen. I remember reading in the forums that an NVRAM reset would fix things, and so I gave it a shot - it worked!

I just wanted to create a specific post about this including the resolution so that anyone who might run into this issue will find the solution immediately, if they search.

Cheers to whoever suggested the NVRAM reset fix for the waves!

klharper

macrumors member
May 2, 2007
So... how do you reset it?

Read it but don't quite remember...
I think you restart the machine, hold down apple, function, p, and r, and let it cycle through the reboot 3-4 times?

May not be the right key combo, hopefully someone will pop up and confirm the right one.

Trepex

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 5, 2007
Ottawa, Canada
would this fix the waves on a macbook or just the led mbp?

No clue. Mine is an SR LED. I never had the problem and then all of the sudden it appeared. I think some people had the issue from the beginning and I dunno if it solves the issue for those people...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.