Rolling display (waves) problem AFTER update: RESOLUTION

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Trepex, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Trepex macrumors 6502a

Trepex

So I wasn't having any problems with a rolling display (waves) on my new 2.2GHz SR MBP, even after the LED Display update or any of the software updates. After an Archive & Reinstall though (just did it to get familiar with the process) and allowing Software Update to 're-update me' I started to get these horrific waves rolling across my screen. I remember reading in the forums that an NVRAM reset would fix things, and so I gave it a shot - it worked!

I just wanted to create a specific post about this including the resolution so that anyone who might run into this issue will find the solution immediately, if they search.

Cheers to whoever suggested the NVRAM reset fix for the waves!

2. James Cole macrumors 6502

3. klharper macrumors member

Read it but don't quite remember...
    I think you restart the machine, hold down apple, function, p, and r, and let it cycle through the reboot 3-4 times?

May not be the right key combo, hopefully someone will pop up and confirm the right one.

4. Trepex thread starter macrumors 6502a

Trepex

Shutdown, remove battery, hold down power button for 5+ seconds, re-insert battery, power on :)

5. partingsensory macrumors newbie

would this fix the waves on a macbook or just the led mbp?

6. Trepex thread starter macrumors 6502a

Trepex

No clue. Mine is an SR LED. I never had the problem and then all of the sudden it appeared. I think some people had the issue from the beginning and I dunno if it solves the issue for those people...