 TV4

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by gw0gvq, Dec 2, 2015.

1. gw0gvq Contributor

gw0gvq

Can someone please tell me what the USB Lead is for please? I have the kettle plug but Im at a loss what the USB cable is for because where i thought it might fit it doesn't and I've tried the usb cable from my iPhone and iPad and neither of the light ning connecter ends fit the  TV neither.

2. hollersoft macrumors member

The USB-C port on the Apple TV itself is a service port, used for installing firmware and debugging apps by developers. It's not connected to anything under normal use.

The included USB-A to Lightning cable is for charging the Siri remote.

3. gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

Thanks, the thing is its confusing when no instructions stating your reply aren't included

4. Mac... nificent macrumors 6502

That's not correct. A instructional booklet is supplied with each :apple:TV4. It includes regulatory certification, Apple stickers, and information about the link leading to help.apple.com/appletv.

5. gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

There wasn't with the one I got , thats why I posed the question!Sorry the was a booklet but I meant no manual of Instructions as such like a hard co[py of the link.

6. benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

In addition to the booklet that comes with the ATV4 and the online help mentioned by another user, there's an AppleTV User Guide iBook you can download as well.

[​IMG]

7. gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

I'm in UK and its only available via USA store

8. Mac... nificent macrumors 6502

THANKS benjitek for the great link. Incredibly valuable information ;)

Have you tried to do a manual search for this iBooks manual? I find it hard to believe that Apple limit it to just the U.S.

9. benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

At this point it seems like the OP is more interested in not finding a solution regarding product documentation, if he/she changes their mind, they'll find multiple options available... :rolleyes:

10. benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

11. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj