0.1 gb capacity difference

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mripadmini, Mar 7, 2014.

1. mripadmini, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014

mripadmini macrumors regular

I've been panicking over this for a couple of days trying to fix it on and off. i have erased all content and setting multiple times on my iPhone witch got me back some default or stock safari bookmarks that i lost with the update to ios 7. i have the exact same applications on both my iPhone and iPad.

iPad Capacity: 13.4 GB
    iPhone Capacity: 13.3 GB

I am kinda stumped on whats causing this. any ideas?

2. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Now hold on, is this total capacity or what's left? .1GB is nothing to worry about. It is literally only 100 megabytes. Chances are its the formatting Apple used on the iPhone thats using the .1GB or used a different flash storage manufacture on your iPhone.

There is nothing to panic over. I haven't heard anyone worry about 100MB since before 3-6GB HDDs came out in the late 1990's.

3. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I agree with the other poster, I'm not sure why you're concerned to the point of "panicking" ??

iPad apps are bigger than iPhone apps.

4. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

why does your iPad have to have the same amount of storage as your phone?

5. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

What about the phone, stock, weather & passbook apps? They need space too.

6. Rodster macrumors 68040

100MB is nothing to be worried about. That number is quite insignificant. Keep in mind that apps that are used or the more they are used may require more data in app cache. There is a program called Phoneclean that does a decent job of recovering space.

To further give you an example of how sometimes apps consume data. I was streaming live TV and went from 416MB to 447MB of space in a little over an hour on my iPad 2.

You might try closing background apps that you are not using. It might help reduce that number as well as restarting your iPad.

7. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Yep.

Folks forget that the apps are different between the two

8. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

For apps that have both iPhone and iPad versions, the iPad versions are usually larger. There are also differences in the installed iOS components between iPhone and iPad (even between iPad WiFi and iPad WiFi/Cell) that can easily account for 100MB of space in use.

9. thegreati macrumors regular

Hold on now. Nothing to panic about. It very well could just be a 100MB addition to whatever update/iOS you installed.