$0.99 rental

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by w8ing4intelmacs, Mar 1, 2008.

1. w8ing4intelmacs macrumors 6502a

What is this week's $0.99 rental? How do you figure out which one it is?

2. ascham87 macrumors regular

ascham87

This "week" it is a movie called The Ghost and the Darkness. I've heard its a kinda crap movie, so I didn't/don't plan on renting it, but feel free to tell us how it is :) Also, you'll normally notice the movie at the top of the movies page in one of the rotating ads. It is also normally in this very forum, so look around first and you'll definitely find it.

3. BoulderBum macrumors 6502a

I think he's asking for it to be prominently displayed in Apple TV as the .99c rental of the week.

Apple's interface LOOKS cool for the Apple TV, but I have to agree that it's difficult to find what you're looking for (new releases, .99c rentals, etc.).

As for Ghost in the Darkness, I rented it and I thought it was pretty good. Definately worth $1, anyway.

4. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Pretty much can't go wrong with much for a buck.

5. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i saw the movie on tv. not too bad but also not worth much more than $1. if you have absolutely nothing to do it's good entertainment. if you can, go to the gym and work out instead......

6. w8ing4intelmacs thread starter macrumors 6502a

I decided against it :)

hopefully it's a better movie this week.

btw, i did see that the hd version of the movie wasn't discounted. it was still $3.99

7. LucasLand macrumors 6502a

LucasLand

get it quickly

order this before it is no longer .99. It is worth watching. not a classic but fun action movie with val kilmer and michael douglas. They are good enough actors to warrant spending .99

get it now. you have 30 days to watch it.

I rented HD of michael clayton. i don't know what all the hub bub was all about. it was an average movie. i can't believe the woman got an oscar for her role. She only had small parts in it and her scenes were not anything great.

8. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

Must have been a slow movie year. I agree with the so called Oscar Winning performance. She had about 4 minutes of total movie time, but apparently this isn't unheard of.

9. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

I think this week's selection is "Changing Lanes", which is a decent drama/action flick about how something so simple can quickly get out of hand.

I won't be renting it though, I own the DVD.

10. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Hadn't seen it. Looks interesting enough. Will add it. Still haven't watched The Hours. 20 days or so remaining. But with an 11 week old, watching whole movies is something you really have to plan.

11. BoulderBum macrumors 6502a

Hey, now I have the same question as the OP. How DO you tell what the .99c movie is?

12. rjfiske macrumors regular

Go here. Better yet, subscribe to its RSS feed through the OS X Mail app. :)

rjfiske

13. BoulderBum macrumors 6502a

Great link, thanks!

I use the brand W operating system, but I still added that feed to my subscriptions!