000webhosting.com

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by JackT06, Aug 20, 2009.

1. JackT06 macrumors 6502

JackT06

I made an account with this company so that i could host my website......., as you may have saw i use to keep mine on My Dropbox but i then felt that in the future this aint going to help me out. I seem to have problems with accessing php files 000webhosting.com because when i enter the link for it. It asks me to download the file. What am i doing wrong here?

To add the files to my webhost i use cyber duck. And it works fine with HTML;) files?

Thanks in advance

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

3. JackT06 thread starter macrumors 6502

JackT06

Oh right. I thought that php was a standard sort of thing but obviously not.

4. nuxx macrumors member

nuxx

Their site says PHP is included in their free hosting package. So, place the following code in a file and name it phpinfo.php:

PHP:
    <?php 

phpinfo
    ();

?>
    Upload the file to the root folder of your server and point your browser to http://MyDomain/phpinfo.php. You should see the build and configuration info for either PHP 4 or 5.

5. JackT06 thread starter macrumors 6502

JackT06

uploaded it and i can see it. But i cant see build and configuration info for either PHP 4 or 5.

Is the name of it build and configuration?

6. nuxx macrumors member

nuxx

If you see a page that looks something like this, you're good to go.

If your browser only displays the code in the phpinfo.php file or you're asked to download the php file, you should contact your hosting provider.

The latter happened with my site once and it was related to the hidden .htaccess file in the sites root directory. Unfortunatley, I can't remember exactly what the problem was or how I fixed it.

7. ZachsMacDaddy macrumors 6502

ZachsMacDaddy

I seem to remember trying them out only to find that their free hosting does not support a good implementation of PHP. It's too restricted.

I use x10hosting.com and zymic.com for my free hosting. My iWeb sites work fine.

8. JackT06 thread starter macrumors 6502

JackT06

Thanks for that, i think i shall try x10hosting.com out then :d

9. JackT06 thread starter macrumors 6502

JackT06

Well i can see that page so thats good. I have submited a ticket this morning about it and they are telling me to go to here and they will fix it for me.

But im not to sure because that is about fixing my script when i know there is nothing wrong with it because it works fine on my local. Any suggestions people?