007 NightFire?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by macaws, Nov 22, 2009.

1. macaws macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I have James Bond: 007 NightFire for PC, but... PC sucks. That's why I am here :p Anyways, Aspyr released a mac version of the game for like $25. Amazon.com has them for $60. Ok. I am not paying $60 for a game that
    A. I already own
    B. Is from 2002
    C. Originally costed $25-30
    D. A used version
    I wanted to port it myself, but that would make it Intel only. I have a G4 iBook and a G3 PowerMac. Grr. I wish Apple always was Intel. There are no torrents for the game, so right now I am really stuck. I really want to play the game... Does anyone know where to find it *Cheap*? Or have any advice?
    Thanks!
    Mason

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

That might have good performance under Parallels or whatever, but bear in mind that's an old mac so any form of PC emulation is going to be painful.
    Do you not have access to a PC for games?

3. macaws thread starter macrumors newbie

The PC is garbage... And there is something about the monitor that makes me motion-sick when I play. I love this mac, it is great for Halo and other games, But PC emulation is a drag. I wish I had an Intel.

4. Cloudgazer macrumors 6502

Cloudgazer

Nightfire is a rubbish game.
    The PC version (and probably Mac as well) had many scenes/levels cut out that were available n the console version.

So the story suddenly makes no sense whatsoever.
    EA couldn't even be bothered to put in a cut-scene or explain what was going on in terms of the plot.

don't bother with it.

5. sysiphus macrumors 6502a

sysiphus

Yup, the only decent versions of the game were on the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox--the computer versions (PC and Mac) were much different, and generally sucked.

6. ScottHemlock macrumors member

ScottHemlock

eBay?

Hey macaws, I have had a good long look but besides Amazon I can only find it on eBay

7. 007bond macrumors 6502a

007bond

just get the ps2 version. the pc version was crap