02 3G reception problem - who else?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by UKmacman, Aug 19, 2008.

1. UKmacman macrumors regular

Okay, I just thought 3G was rubbish but now I have been reading about the problems worldwide I am not so sure it is just me. I'm in the Uk, on 02 (obviously!) and live pretty close to central London so I told I am in an excellent 3G area.

However usually I get no service or one bar which means the internet is a waste of time. As a result I have only turned 3G on a few times - which kinda kills the point of having a 3G iphone!

So today I did the update and guess what - NO CHANGE!!!

Who else (specifically in the UK) has rubbish 3G and have 02 said anything to you about it and is it everyone or just a few people?

2. yogamonkey macrumors 6502

yogamonkey

Pretty pleased with 2.0.2

Where I used to see 1 bar with 3G, I'm now getting 5 bars. GPS seems to be a bit more flaky for some reason though. Can't find me at all now that I'm at work but was spot on from home this morning.

3. saquib macrumors newbie

In Lancashire. On o2, having just switched from T-mobile (after 5+ years!). I was on Web'n'Walk, but the service seems to have gone downhill recently, my guess is capacity issues. Anyway, on O2 I am getting a much better internet speed comparted to T-mobile (not sure is this is just the O2 back-end or the phone - was previously on a Windows Pocket PC).

4. SoSII macrumors member

I was in Oxford St saturday with no (zero, zip, nothing, nada) 3G reception.
    Go figure..
    Basically, I have just turned it off. I get pretty good edge coverage (north london, N12) and the battery lasts longer.